2018 Roster vs 2019 Roster

WR - Pryor, Jones

TE- Croom

OL- Dawkins, Ducasse, Mills, Teller

QB- Allen, Barkley

RB- McCoy, Ivory

Defense- Everyone except Kyle (retirement) and Gaines

I expect us to sign/draft 4 olineman, 3 WRs, and 2 TEs. Complete overhaul on that side of the ball letting Daboll get players that fit his system.

Edited by billspro
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, billspro said:

WR - Pryor, Jones

TE- Croom

QB- Allen, Barkley

RB- McCoy, Ivory

I expect us to sign/draft 4 olineman, 3 WRs, and 2 TEs. Complete overhaul on that side of the ball letting Daboll get players that fit his system.

Don't be surprised if Alexander is gone too. He will be a 36 year old free agent next season. Also, I don't think McCoy will be back. He will be traded. The only Whaley guy left will be Hughes, IMO.

Edited by vincec

I liked Prior out of college.....had a smile on my face when I recalled he was a QB at Ohio State.  Since we just signed him.....he could play as a QB instead of receiver.  This is at least as logical as anything the front office has done about the QB situation.  Retreads, retreads, retreads....and one banged up prospect.

28 minutes ago, vincec said:

Don't be surprised if Alexander is gone too. He will be a 36 year old free agent next season. Also, I don't think McCoy will be back. He will be traded. The only Whaley guy left will be Hughes, IMO.

his bags have never been unpacked. he may not finish this season out. the dude is past retirement and his mind is on the 15th hole, not throwing to the end zone.

1 hour ago, vincec said:

I thought McCoy was going to be traded at the deadline for sure. They may want to keep him 1 more season, wouldn’t surprise me if they traded him though.

I think they bring back Alexander for 1 more year. He has been great at pass rush this year. It’s so hard to find pass rushers in this league.

Edited by billspro

22 hours ago, billspro said:

WR - Pryor, Jones

TE- Croom

QB- Allen, Barkley

RB- McCoy, Ivory

What is it about Barkley that makes you think he stays next year?

(This questions sounds sarcastic,  but legitimately asking where you derive that from.)

6 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

(This questions sounds sarcastic,  but legitimately asking where you derive that from.)

Its just my opinion....but it is the dire need to have some sort of semblence of a backup guy that will not come in and suck but will want to stay on the team......

I am not even sure that Barkley would serve as a good mentor....which is what I want our backup QB to be...

God I actually miss Fitz

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Its just my opinion....but it is the dire need to have some sort of semblence of a backup guy that will not come in and suck but will want to stay on the team......

I am not even sure that Barkley would serve as a good mentor....which is what I want our backup QB to be...

God I actually miss Fitz

Fitz would be a perfect fitz (pun intended) on this team. He's good enough to win games. Seems like he'd make a great mentor. He's smart. Little known fact, he went to Harvard. 

22 hours ago, billspro said:

WR - Pryor, Jones

TE- Croom

QB- Allen, Barkley

RB- McCoy, Ivory

I like everyone on your list except Croom and Ducasse and Mills. Croom is a bad blocker, drops too many passes and runs bad routes. Ducasse and Mills should be gone along with Castillo. 

1 hour ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Nothing other than we need a veteran backup and he has a early audition to impress the coaches. I was also impressed with his preseason play against us. We need to bring in a draft pick too.

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I like everyone on your list except Croom and Ducasse and Mills. Croom is a bad blocker, drops too many passes and runs bad routes. Ducasse and Mills should be gone along with Castillo. 

I agree, I just don’t know if you can find four olineman in one offseason.

• Like (+1) 1

Allen, maybe Anderson

Ivory & Murphy

Zay, Pryor, and Cam Phillips

Croom

Dawkins, Mills, Boettger

Ducasse, Teller

Star, Harrison Phillips, and Jordan Phillips

Hughes & Yarbrough

Humber & Milano, Maybe LorAx

Edmunds

Hyde, Poyer, Bush

White, Johnson, Lewis

Ferguson, Bojo, and Hau$chka

That's 30, which leaves 23 spots for FAs & Draft Picks.

24 minutes ago, billspro said:

Nothing other than we need a veteran backup and he has a early audition to impress the coaches. I was also impressed with his preseason play against us. We need to bring in a draft pick too.

I agree, I just don’t know if you can find four olineman in one offseason.

We need to hope we can get 1 in FA and 1 in the draft that can start right out of the box. We need to rebuild our whole farm system when it comes to our O-Line. I'll take 3 solid starters and 2 unproven players over what we currently have.

23 hours ago, no name said:

his bags have never been unpacked. he may not finish this season out. the dude is past retirement and his mind is on the 15th hole, not throwing to the end zone.

Your response is to a guy talking about Alexander - you know, 'Zo, the LB?  He don't throw to the end zone.  Neither do McCoy and Hughes for that matter.

Your comments make sense if you mean Anderson, not Alexander.

23 hours ago, vincec said:

I think Lorax will be back.  His locker room presence, leadership and pass rushing ability are all needed on this team.  I think he’s been better at LB this year.  The man is truly an inspiration and McB loves it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Croom will be gone. I think Mills is a FA doubt he is back. Ducasse might be depends if Castillo is. 

• Sad 1

2019 Bills based off players currently on roster:

Offense

QB: Allen (Need true backup like bringing Fitz in for another go or someone who can actually move the offense a bit)

RB: McCoy, Ivory  & Murphy (Wouldn't be surprised if they draft a guy here, but not trading Shady tells you about their intentions for next year)

WR: Zay Jones (Remake this from the fires below. Seriously need WR1, WR3, WR4. I think Zay can be WR 2 now especially with teams running 3 wide putting an emphasis on having a bunch of guys)

OL: Dawkins, Teller, Bodine, & Ducasse (Need minimum G and new RT, two guards would be preferable plus possibly another center)

TE: Croom & Thomas (Late draft pick on a guy or in FA. I think they give both of these guys a true chance)

Defense

DL: Star, H. Phillips, J. Phillips, (I could see them drafting Oliver if he is there otherwise sign solid DT for depth)

DE: Hughes, Yarbough, & Murphy (Draft Bosa if he is there or sign best pass rusher possible)

LB: Milano, Edmunds, Alexander, Humber, & Stanford (Need solid vet to rotate with Zo and for depth)

CB: Tre White, T. Johnson, Lewis, & Pits (need CB2)

SAF: Poyer, Hyde, Bush, & Neal (set no change)

ST

Kicker: Hauschka

Punter: Schmidt or Borq

Overall the defense basically needs a DE, DL, possibly CB2 and then just some depth. It is more or less pretty well set and young. The offense has about 5 starters out of 11 and needs 6 starters big time.

Edited by corta765