Greggg: Since I left Buffalo, I had 11 HC opportunities, 4 I didn’t even need to interview for(update: hired as HC of the Jets defense)

YoloinOhio

The NFL must be so proud. “Player Safety”

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2018/10/29/a-nfl-focused-on-player-safety-should-never-have-gregg-williams-as-an-interim-head-coach/

“We need to decide whether [San Francisco receiver Michael] Crabtree wants to be a fake-ass prima donna or he wants to be a tough guy,” Williams said during the meeting. “We need to find that out. He becomes human when we [expletive] take out that outside ACL.”

“Every single one of you, before you get off the pile, affect the head,” Williams continued “Early, affect the head. Continue, touch and hit the head.”

Williams went on to tell his players to potentially injure such 49ers stars as running back Frank Gore and tight end Vernon Davis.

To be clear, this was not a defensive coach telling his players to play hard but fair—this was a coach telling his players to hurt their opponents. To possibly end the careers of their opponents.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2