Da Bears

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Gulp.. I’m afraid to open this “view from the other side” 

Welp...

After Derek Anderson suffered a concussion near the end of the game against the Patriots, it was evident that Nathan Peterman would receive his 5th career start this week.  The fifth round selection out of Pittsburgh has more interceptions than starts with 10 picks. We should call him Nathan Pickerman, am I right?

The Bears defense should be salivating at this matchup. There hasn’t been another quarterback of late to find more ways to get the ball into the wrong teams’ hands than Peterman. On tape he doesn’t do anything spectacular. He simply is not a starting caliber quarterback in this league, but unfortunately for the Bills, they have no other choice. Who knows though, perhaps we’ll see recently signed Terrelle Pryor under center soon?

3 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Welp...

It keeps on giving too! :lol:

When you have a rookie, an aged career backup, and a guy who throws interceptions faster than you can google where he came from, it can be hard to draw up a creative offensive scheme.

Matchup the Bears can exploit: Nathan Peterman vs. literally anyone

Edited by BuffaloHokie13
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 10/31/2018 at 1:47 PM, YoloinOhio said:

They are 4-3 and have looked a bit uneven this year but in general have a really good defense. They lost to Osweiler but have really good stats. Their D kind of reminds me of the Bills. Obviously we all know about Mack , though he’s been hobbled lately. They just lost their best OL Kyle Long for 6-8 weeks which could be interesting. But they have a lot of weapons - Tarik Cohen, Jordan Howard, ARob, Anthony Miller, Trey Burton. Trubisky can hurt you with his feet and in one of their games threw 6 TDs. But i watched them vs the Jets and their offense was nothing to speak of. They kind of remind me of the titans.

anyone watch them a lot and have insight? Save the “it doesn’t matter” comments ... it’s still football season for those who want to discuss the opponent/ matchup.

yeah,  i live in the chicago area and share bears fans sentiment that mitch is their guy.  he had his breakout game vs. tampa bay (19/26 354 yds).  

he has an improved offensive line anchored by kyle long (awaiting a possible move to IR after a foot injury) and center cody whitehair)  the bears made some smart moves by investing top picks in their OL, a move I hope the Bills pick up on.  

their offense is also helped by the dynamic running of jordan howard and tarik cohn.  Cohen reminds me of thurman thomas- equally adept at receiving as well as running and is actually the leading receiver on the bears.  their offense is not flashy- mainly a possession style and they can keep the ball for long drives (currently 3rd best in the league in time of possession) which is helped by their often stellar defense anchored by superstar kahlil mack who is currently hampered by an injury.  

in addition, LB danny travathan is having an all pro year.

they are no. 1 in interceptions and fewest first downs allowed and no. 3 against the run so the bills will have a difficult time scoring.  

however the McD is successful against the NFC and our defense could give the bears a challenge.  

In short the Bears are coming along and should make the playoffs.  Last season they were nearly identical in performance and QB experience and overall "shape" as the Bills are this season, something that gives me hope for the Bills next season.  

Edited by jethro_tull

On 11/1/2018 at 11:43 AM, billieve420 said:

I think the Bills emptied the tanks for MNF against the Pats. I expect the Bears to roll in this one.

I agree.  Short week after the defense played their hearts out on MNF.  No real reason to expect better offensive production.  I am expecting a very rough game. 

On 10/31/2018 at 2:47 PM, YoloinOhio said:

They are 4-3 and have looked a bit uneven this year but in general have a really good defense. They lost to Osweiler but have really good stats. Their D kind of reminds me of the Bills. Obviously we all know about Mack , though he’s been hobbled lately. They just lost their best OL Kyle Long for 6-8 weeks which could be interesting. But they have a lot of weapons - Tarik Cohen, Jordan Howard, ARob, Anthony Miller, Trey Burton. Trubisky can hurt you with his feet and in one of their games threw 6 TDs. But i watched them vs the Jets and their offense was nothing to speak of. They kind of remind me of the titans.

anyone watch them a lot and have insight? Save the “it doesn’t matter” comments ... it’s still football season for those who want to discuss the opponent/ matchup.

They are definitely an up and down team that relies on dominant play from their defense, getting Mack was the missing piece for them. On offense trubisky has been streaky, WR Allen Robinson has been injured for the past 3-4 weeks so their TE Trey Burton has really been the focal point and the 1-2 punch at RB in Jordan Howard/Tarik Cohen has been working well for them. Our defense seems to suck at identifying and shutting down screen passes which james White burned us on all game against the pats and Cohen is a faster version. Edmunds is going to have to be lights out in this one to win the game in coverage against Burton and identifying the screen passes imo.

10 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

They are definitely an up and down team that relies on dominant play from their defense, getting Mack was the missing piece for them. On offense trubisky has been streaky, WR Allen Robinson has been injured for the past 3-4 weeks so their TE Trey Burton has really been the focal point and the 1-2 punch at RB in Jordan Howard/Tarik Cohen has been working well for them. Our defense seems to suck at identifying and shutting down screen passes which james White burned us on all game against the pats and Cohen is a faster version. Edmunds is going to have to be lights out in this one to win the game in coverage against Burton and identifying the screen passes imo.

Edmunds is playing?

On 10/31/2018 at 1:47 PM, YoloinOhio said:

I think we can win this game, IMO it will all come down to our game plan on offense , of course if Peterman is still the same 5 INT Peterman then he should be released right after the game , ( BUT ) at the same time this may be his last opportunity  which he probably  never thought he would even get !! 

So for all we know this may be his last game not only as a starter but last game in the NFL period , I hope he takes this opportunity and gets us a W !!  ( hey I can hope ) 

Go Billls !!!!!!