Da Bears

YoloinOhio

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

It would not surprise me to see the Bills D have a let down game.

They put everything into the Pats* game and the horrid O play has got to be dragging on them.

If the O does nothing in the 1st quarter it could get bad fast.

I don’t think they will approach it that way, but agree they could lose their spirit quickly. :(

43 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They are 4-3 and have looked a bit uneven this year but in general have a really good defense. They lost to Osweiler but have really good stats. Their D kind of reminds me of the Bills. Obviously we all know about Mack , though he’s been hobbled lately. They just lost their best OL Kyle Long for 6-8 weeks which could be interesting. But they have a lot of weapons - Tarik Cohen, Jordan Howard, ARob, Anthony Miller, Trey Burton. Trubisky can hurt you with his feet and in one of their games threw 6 TDs. But i watched them vs the Jets and their offense was nothing to speak of. They kind of remind me of the titans.

anyone watch them a lot and have insight? Save the “it doesn’t matter” comments ... it’s still football season for those who want to discuss the opponent/ matchup.

If this isn't the week that McDermott and Frazier don't use the word "blitz" in their weekly pre game meetings....then they are clueless.Rattle Trubisky early,when he gets nervous he sails balls...which means picks.This is a winnable game IMO.

Weather- High 50's...mix of sun/clouds.No rain or wind.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

It would not surprise me to see the Bills D have a let down game.

They put everything into the Pats* game and the horrid O play has got to be dragging on them.

If the O does nothing in the 1st quarter it could get bad fast.

I'll bet the Bears don't score more than 16/17 points.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think they will approach it that way, but agree they could lose their spirit quickly. :(

Don't get me wrong, I expect them to come out fighting again.

It will be up to Peterman (probably) to keep them pumped up and give them hope.

I just don't think that is likely.

Trubisky will take off and run much like Allen, so hopefully they are well ready for him.   I think they will try to run the ball early and often.   But Nagy could get creative.  He knows if he gets a couple of easy scores we will have to let Peterman throw the ball.  That's not a good thing.  

I live in Chicago and watch them when the Bills game is not conflicting. If I know the Bears they will try and win this game by running the ball and playing defense. I think we have a better defense then the Bears but it is close. Their O-Line is below average but not nearly as bad as ours. Trubiski has no touch on his passes and they are probably only using 60% of the play book. I expect to see a lot of go and comeback routes and they will try and establish a run game. If Allen was starting I think this game is a coin toss.

2 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I actually think the bears will struggle this game. I see this being more like the houston game, hopefully no pick 6 though, unless the bills get it

Or Tennessee... mariota and Trubisky are similar 

I was trying to remember the last time the Bills got a pick 6. I think it was a Poyer at foxboro last year on xmas eve?

Edited by YoloinOhio

So the Bears offense as many have said they do a lot of motion to try and confuse defenses but once the play starts its very straightforward. When the plays go as scripted they can have success as Nagy has shown this season and previously with KC. The key though is just to not buy into motion and not over pursue out of your lanes. Trubisky really struggles if their are tight windows and he can't move around. Like others have said spy him heavily and just play frankly the way the defense has was a their scheme being straightforward.

Their defense is really good although Mack's ankle helps a bit and their secondary is not a strength the way ours is. As others have said this could be a game similar to the Titans where its a tight slugfest. Unfortunately not having Allen whose mobility allowed the Bills to get a few mismatches or chances for him to run will probably be the difference in my eyes.

20 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

They are 4-3 and have looked a bit uneven this year but in general have a really good defense. They lost to Osweiler but have really good stats. Their D kind of reminds me of the Bills. Obviously we all know about Mack , though he’s been hobbled lately. They just lost their best OL Kyle Long for 6-8 weeks which could be interesting. But they have a lot of weapons - Tarik Cohen, Jordan Howard, ARob, Anthony Miller, Trey Burton. Trubisky can hurt you with his feet and in one of their games threw 6 TDs. But i watched them vs the Jets and their offense was nothing to speak of. They kind of remind me of the titans.

anyone watch them a lot and have insight? Save the “it doesn’t matter” comments ... it’s still football season for those who want to discuss the opponent/ matchup.

They remind me of Buffalo in that they are extremely inconsistent. I'd be surprised if Trubisky goes off , before and after the 6 TD game , he has looked brutal at times. Chicago fans were calling for his head before that 6 TD game . He hasn't shown much progress since his rookie year. Their D is good , but not very good  .

Winnable game for sure,  but I have absolutely no faith in our offense at the moment. Forget 20+ points, I'm not sure they can put up 10+ points.. 

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

They remind me of Buffalo in that they are extremely inconsistent. I'd be surprised if Trubisky goes off , before and after the 6 TD game , he has looked brutal at times. Chicago fans were calling for his head before that 6 TD game . He hasn't shown much progress since his rookie year. Their D is good , but not very good  .

Winnable game for sure,  but I have absolutely no faith in our offense at the moment. Forget 20+ points, I'm not sure they can put up 10+ points.. 

The 6 TD was kind of perfect situation. Trubisky started with good field position a bunch, had a good day, and played a Bucs defense I routinely pick QBs in fantasy to play against because they are so porous. Trubisky played well and not taking that away from him, but it was a very circumstantial type game in my eyes not standard for him early on.

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Or Tennessee... mariota and Trubisky are similar 

I was trying to remember the last time the Bills got a pick 6. I think it was a Poyer at foxboro last year on xmas eve?

Oddly enough, so far this year I have Trubisky top 10 and Mariota bottom 3 (for starters)

31 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I just meant in terms of style, both are mobile and don’t have huge arms 

If the Bears get a lucky break to take the lead, they will shut it down and grind out the clock immediately

Matt Nagy was calling plays in KC last year and from what I recall our defense shut them down ...McD may have a beat on his scheme which is just a chip off the Andy Reid scheme he knows well 

Also - though the Bears have a new HC this year, they kept Vic Fangio as DC. Barkley should be familiar with his defense as he was in Chicago in 2016, along with Fangio. That may help in the film room this week if nothing else. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1