Dion Dawkins

Rigotz

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...STILL don't understand the rush for McBeaned to dump him......sure he was coming off an injury, but it didn't stop him from signing Murphy and Halftime Vontae, right?.....he has started all seven for the Bengals and Dalton has only been sacked 14 times......didn't realize our rock solid line made him expendable.......

He didn’t dump him. We had a replacement LT and needed capital to fill a more important position - qb. He made a business decision. 

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I think it was like 2 years of injury wasnt it?

I still didnt want to see him go

...yup, but he finally opted for foot surgery in January 2018 that was deemed successful.....

5 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

He didn’t dump him. We had a replacement LT and needed capital to fill a more important position - qb. He made a business decision. 

...Dawkins will be fine......but his source of draft capital was misguided IMO......

14 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...yup, but he finally opted for foot surgery in January 2018 that was deemed successful.....

...Dawkins will be fine......but his source of draft capital was misguided IMO......

Where else would you have gotten it? 

12 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Just imagine what this OL could have looked like with Glenn at LT and Dawkins at LG......

What makes you say Dawkins can play LG? 

34 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Where else would you have gotten it? 

What makes you say Dawkins can play LG? 

He played it at a high level in college......he has all the attributes of a very good offensive guard......

Not just powerful....but he is a mover (but so is Teller and he hasnt even gotten a chance to play yet)

3 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

They wanted to get out of Glenns contract...you know the left tackle we had that was really good.

and the injury may have been nagging. But yes . the contract was likely heavily weighting the decision to move him

one of my fantasies was Cordy Richie Groy miller Dawkins.

I think Dawkins and Miler would have a healthy run block game and developed well together as mate. would have had them room together on campus.
The left side would have held up for the pocket passer and allow rookie development having  a " safe space "

it was just a fantasy after all

1 hour ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

What makes you think he would be able to make that switch? 

natural RT. and the payday would still be decent

4 hours ago, Rigotz said:

I've seen this in a number of threads now:

"We need to draft a Left Tackle #1 and move Dawkins inside because ______"

Why? Everyone said the same thing about Cordy Glenn and I didn't understand that either.

1. He's the only player on our Offensive Line that has an above average PFF grade:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/dion-dawkins/11818

2. "He's not long enough to play tackle" ... what? He has 35'' arm length, which is above average for any tackle.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/dion-dawkins?id=2557875

3. He has ZERO help inside ... which is important, because bad guard play is making him do more iso with worse communication.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2018-nfl-offensive-line-rankings-all-32-teams-units-after-week-6

Most importantly he's 24 years old.  ... he can run block and pass block ... and he plays with a mean streak.

Please stop this stupid narrative that we desperately need a Left Tackle.

We need Wide Receivers and basically every other O-Line position first.

according to PFF Miller (63.2) is higher than Dawkins 61.5 soooo

and Chris Ivory is the highest on Offense at 79.8...

Matt Milano (80.6) and Jerry Hughes (84.0) are the only two guys on the bills rated above avg. Tre is 65.9 Rated 48th CB....

Edited by gordong

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

Why do you assume that in a deal to move up that we would have come away with a LT

I'm saying we could have kept Glenn and used a 2019 draft pick in the package used to snag Allen.   They created a self-inflicted wound by tossing Glenn away when there were other, less radical alternatives...

2 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

What makes you think he would be able to make that switch? 

What makes you think he couldn't?   It's a lot easier to play OG than LOT...

Edited by Lurker

2 hours ago, Watkins90 said:

How was McBeane supposed to know that Woods would be forced to retire and Richie would go off the deep end?

They couldn't have predicted Richie. I don't blame them for that. I don't even think the pay cut sent him over the edge I just think he is a troubled individual. Wood they knew about waaaaaay before they traded Glenn. 

20 minutes ago, Lurker said:

What makes you think he couldn't?   It's a lot easier to play OG than LOT...

I think he was talking about the difference between left tackle and right tackle. He can play Left tackle and I am convinced he would be an excellent LG. I don't think he can play on the right side - his movements just look horribly unnatural that side.

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They couldn't have predicted Richie. I don't blame them for that. I don't even think the pay cut sent him over the edge I just think he is a troubled individual. Wood they knew about waaaaaay before they traded Glenn. 

I think he was talking about the difference between left tackle and right tackle. He can play Left tackle and I am convinced he would be an excellent LG. I don't think he can play on the right side - his movements just look horribly unnatural that side.

...wish I could remember who said it.....but someone said asking an OL to switch sides is analagous to asking a right handed QB to throw left handed......too bad an OL guru poster like Shaunta 53 disappeared to comment.........

5 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

They wanted to get out of Glenns contract...you know the left tackle we had that was really good.

They wanted to get out from under his injuries-- which made paying the money an issue to them.  It also allowed them a chip to use to get a QB.  Time will tell if that was a smart strategy.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

He WAS good till he started taking on injuries.

I would not have moved him because when he is healthy he is was one of the under rated LT's of the league......but I understand why he was moved.   You dont just replace those guys though that is why conflicted when we moved him.

Well we finally agree on something. Hell has frozen over lol.

43 minutes ago, purple haze said:

They wanted to get out from under his injuries-- which made paying the money an issue to them.  It also allowed them a chip to use to get a QB.  Time will tell if that was a smart strategy.

Jason Peters has been injured a lot. Have the Eagles tried to ship him out of town? .. that example has nothing to do with the Bills btw...bc they also botched his situation...they could've had him for over a decade!

1 hour ago, purple haze said:

It would have been fine if they got Darnold or Mayfield