The Jaguars Have Signed QB Landry Jones - Now Released

Bortles insurance? Jaguars sign QB Landry Jones

The Jacksonville Jaguars made a move during a bye week to bolster depth at the quarterback position.

The Jaguars signed Landry Jones to a free-agent contract, the team announced Wednesday morning. Terms were not disclosed.

Jones' signing comes as starting quarterback Blake Bortles, a right-handed thrower, is dealing with an injury to his left shoulder, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported. The injury is not expected to affect Bortles' availability when the Jaguars return from the bye in Week 10, Pelissero added.

6 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

This is who I have wanted since it became apparent we needed to sign a QB. Oh well, if you are going to tank do it properly. With our set of QB’s the tank is in full effect. Better to be 2-14 than 7-9 or 8-8

No it's not....difficult to go from 2-14 to 11-5....a competent GM should be able to add a few players to go from 8-8 to 11-5

8 minutes ago, nucci said:

No it's not....difficult to go from 2-14 to 11-5....a competent GM should be able to add a few players to go from 8-8 to 11-5

8-8 is the impossible dream.  This stack of QB's will be lucky to score a TD and we are supposed to talk about wins.  At this point 5-11 is the ceiling. We are looking at 3-4 wins. Sorry but the rules are catered to offense and no defense in the NFL will serve up 5-6 shutouts or even hold every opponent to under 10. That's what it will take to win with the horror show we field on offense.  

We all hope Peterman overcomes his issues and shows some competence, but with this OL and WR corpse it makes that even more difficult.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Yeah, just ask the Browns!

I would take the Browns roster 10/10 times over the current Bills roster. The Browns problem was they kept kicking the QB can down the road. They finally learned. Without that train wreck Hue Jackson at the helm this year the Browns would have improved remarkably. Next year they should take a large step forward. Tanking absolutely works in the NFL if you draft the correct players. The Browns should have had Carson Wentz years ago. They are actually exhibit A as to why you stay and pick the elite talent and do not trade down. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It's a really low bar, but he's better than Anderson, Peterman, and Barkley. 

He may have performed a little better due to the fact that he played with the Steelers who are loaded with talent, but I’d bet Anderson would’ve been better in that same situation Jones was in.  He’s really not terrible.  He’s not good, but not terrible.  There’s a reason by bens backup for 4 years hit free agency and no one wanted him until week 9.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

He may have performed a little better due to the fact that he played with the Steelers who are loaded with talent, but I’d bet Anderson would’ve been better in that same situation Jones was in.  He’s really not terrible.  He’s not good, but not terrible.  There’s a reason by bens backup for 4 years hit free agency and no one wanted him until week 9.

He's a decent replacement level backup who won't kill you. I wouldn't have minded at all seeing him fill in until Allen is healthy and ready to resume playing. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to The Jaguars Have Signed QB Landry Jones - Now Released