Ed Oliver or Greg Little?

If it comes down to those two? Ed Oliver without question.

And Dion Dawkins is this teams left tackle now and in the future. We went through years of, "Kick Glenn to guard and draft this guy!" and it never happened. It's not happening with Dawkins. If they need to upgrade guard, they'll sign or draft a guard. They traded up to take Dawkins and felt he played well enough to replace Cordy Glenn. As far as they're concerned, they have found their left tackle. They're not going to change that.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

If it comes down to those two? Ed Oliver without question.

And Dion Dawkins is this teams left tackle now and in the future. We went through years of, "Kick Glenn to guard and draft this guy!" and it never happened. It's not happening with Dawkins. If they need to upgrade guard, they'll sign or draft a guard. They traded up to take Dawkins and felt he played well enough to replace Cordy Glenn. As far as they're concerned, they have found their left tackle. They're not going to change that.

My opinion, Glenn is a better LT. Dawkins is good and can be a functioning LT but he gets beat far too much.

40 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Has to be Bosa. Oliver is interesting, but he isn't Donald. I don't think he is Warren Sapp. He is somewhere between that and  Maurice Hurst to me. To me Little is super inconsistent and needs a lot of work. Are we moving Dawkins to RT? If Little is a RT I'm out. I would never draft a right tackle with a top ten pick. 

Kawann Short? He might be McDermott's prototype. The only reason we should take a different position from my prospective is because DT is loaded. If they have the 2nd pick or 3rd pick in the 2nd round get the DT there.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, McBean said:

Little all day every day.

We need to PROTECT Allen and we haven’t had a true franchise LT since Peters.

Build the line back up and give Allen some weapons.

Any and everything to help him succeed.

Get Little swing Dawkins to RT? I like it - I'd love for us to find a way to land a top WR as well like Harry or AJ in the second but I need to look more at where they are being graded. If we end the season anywhere near 4-12 it's possible.

Would be hard to pass on the defensive generational talent like Oliver or Bosa if they were to be there, but I've heard this is a defense heavy draft. So while may not end up with the defensive dairy queen, we can at least get a bell cow.

Edited by ctk232
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Soda Popinski said:

Aaron Donald is light too, and he seems to be doing pretty well.   

Now I do want to see Oliver in the senior bowl, is he a senior?  he needs to face some NFL competition.  

I want Greg Little, we need to give our QB time and for reasons you stated about Oliver (I too am concerned with his level of competition) I'd need to see him play in a Senior Bowl first

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Really? Bosa was the problem? Good lord I would introduce you to Greg Schiano’s scheme but I am having a good day and refuse to ruin it discussing that Back 7 tragedy I’m still living every week. 

There is a reason he’s so highly thought of by nfl scouts who watch his film. I’m not one of those scouts but they seem to agree. 

Actually, I thought it was a simple question.

1 hour ago, McBean said:

Who wasn't a Tackle in college.

Do not blow a top 5 pick on an O-lineman.  Playmakers only.

1 hour ago, Soda Popinski said:

Aaron Donald is light too, and he seems to be doing pretty well.   

Now I do want to see Oliver in the senior bowl, is he a senior?  he needs to face some NFL competition.  

He's faced plenty at Houston.

Teams he's played:

Oklahoma - 7 tackles, 2 TFL, 2 sacks

UCF - 5 tackles, 3.5 TFL

Louisville - 6 tackles, 3 TFL, 2 sacks, 2 pass breakups, 1 forced fumble

Arizona x2 - 16 tackles, 2 TFL, 1 pass breakup, 1 forced fumble

Texas Tech x2 - 11 tackles, 2 TFL

Memphis - 6 tackles, 2.5 TFL, 1 sack, 1 fumble recovery

USF - 7 tackles, 2 TFL, 1 sack, 1 pass breakup

Tulsa (were really good one of the three years he's faced them and he had 12 tackles, 2 TFL, and 2 pass breakups in that one)

If you take just the games against good competition and extrapolate it over a 16 game sample size, you'd get: 112 tackles, 30.5 TFL, 10 sacks, 10 pass breakups, 3 forced fumbles, and 2 fumble recoveries.

Edited by DCOrange
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Has to be Bosa. Oliver is interesting, but he isn't Donald. I don't think he is Warren Sapp. He is somewhere between that and  Maurice Hurst to me. To me Little is super inconsistent and needs a lot of work. Are we moving Dawkins to RT? If Little is a RT I'm out. I would never draft a right tackle with a top ten pick. 

Dawkins would go to LG where he would probably be a pro bowler

22 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Kawann Short? He might be McDermott's prototype. The only reason we should take a different position from my prospective is because DT is loaded. If they have the 2nd pick or 3rd pick in the 2nd round get the DT there.

Agree with everything you said here. Great comparison. He's bigger, but similar impact imo. 

12 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Isn't Jonah Williams generally viewed as a better prospect than Little?

I think some people see him as a guard, but I like him better than Little and I think the general consensus (if there really is one at this point) agrees. 

Bosa over Oliver. Potentially even Rashan Gary over Oliver as I think outside is our bigger need right now. I think that Phillips and Phillips (if we keep him) and Loty make a nice trio inside, and a guy like Gary would have greater value than Oliver. 

I struggle with the idea of taking a tackle in the top ten (we're 4th right now, if I am not mistaken) because that would be making the statement that we don't trust Dion at LT. I don't know if we're there. RT is important but i think it's hard to justify that high of a pick. I would trade down, take a WR and then get some line help later. If no trade down, probably gotta go D-linemen just based on how the value of the board is looking already. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, McBean said:

If you grab a franchise lt, does Dawkins swing right or inside. If he’s solid at LT, maybe you trade back and stack up interrior ?