‘Game of Thrones’ Prequel

‘Game of Thrones’ Prequel Casts Naomi Watts in Lead Role

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/‘game-of-thrones’-prequel-casts-naomi-watts-in-lead-role/ar-BBP7IWB?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Naomi Watts will star in the “Game of Thrones” prequel pilot at HBO that hails from Jane Goldman

Taking place thousands of years before the events of “Game of Thrones,” Goldman’s project chronicles the world’s descent from the golden Age of Heroes into its darkest hour. And only one thing is for sure: from the horrifying secrets of Westeros’ history to the true origin of the white walkers, the mysteries of the East to the Starks of legend–it’s not the story we think we know.

Nice!!!

1 hour ago, Soda Popinski said:

So it's going to be the Better Call Saul of GOT.     Ok.   I'll watch 

trying to avoid the obvious plot hole that the dragons are basically unstoppable and why did we have to wait all this time for them to go to the bad side?

If it's being produced by the same GOT people, I have to assume it will be just as good.

Which means this is the most exciting thing I've read in a long time.

Thanks Shady for the update!

I say it all the time, but if people are NOT watching GOT b/c you're not into the subject matter, you're screwing yourself out of one of the best TV series of all time.

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

So, they should have all the source material for this entire series, right?

GoT really stumbled once they outran the novels.

I heard he wrote a prequel but I don’t know that much about it. 

6 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

If it's being produced by the same GOT people, I have to assume it will be just as good.

Which means this is the most exciting thing I've read in a long time.

Thanks Shady for the update!

I say it all the time, but if people are NOT watching GOT b/c you're not into the subject matter, you're screwing yourself out of one of the best TV series of all time.

NP.  

Thought people would find it interesting.  

All they have to do really is follow the basics 

have dragons 

Create a storyline about the “children”

create the White Walker king

have a few wars.  

I would imagine they can create a good story line 

Author George R.R. Martin will release Game of Thrones prequel Fire & Blood later this year. It will serve as a prequel to the A Song of Ice and Fire book series that is the narrative for HBO's Game of Thrones. But Fire & Blood and its forthcoming companion won't be novels.Apr 25, 2018

12 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Probably will be a bunch of cameos. What a great show.  I'm finally getting some time to read the series . About half way through the second book. I find I sleep more soundly when I read before bed.

Now, If he could only release the last book in the series.  

Will he repeat that same mistake if the prequel is more than 1 book?

6 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Now, If he could only release the last book in the series.  

Will he repeat that same mistake if the prequel is more than 1 book?

I hope not, but I take back my original statement. If it's set thousands of years prior to Game of Thrones I doubt there will be any cameos.

4 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I hope not, but I take back my original statement. If it's set thousands of years prior to Game of Thrones I doubt there will be any cameos.

i'm guessing that's a typo. reading Martins blog, it is 300 years prior?

FandB-DS-241-768x1167.jpg

Edited by Foxx

8 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I do recall the night king as being thousands of years prior.   

perhaps something else is being referenced as the other two articles listed in this thread both speak of events thousands of years prior.

there is also this from George's Not a Blog:

... Oh, and I should also say… as most of you know, HBO is presently developing a number of different prequels to GAME OF THRONES.   I know I am going to be asked whether those shows are going to be based on material from FIRE & BLOOD.   It’s a logical question.   The only answer I can give is… ah, well, no one is sure yet, and anyway, I am not allowed to say. ...

Edited by Foxx

In the novels and the 2014 companion book The World of Ice & Fire, Martin establishes that, millennia before the events of A Song of Ice and Fire series, a pact existed between the Children of the Forest (elf-like creatures) and the First Men (mankind).

Just now, Foxx said:

Perhaps something else is being referenced as the other two articles listed in this thread both speak of events thousands of years prior.

there is also this from George's Not a Blog:

The internet.... you never know what’s real. ;) :D 

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

In the novels and the 2014 companion book The World of Ice & Fire, Martin establishes that, millennia before the events of A Song of Ice and Fire series, a pact existed between the Children of the Forest (elf-like creatures) and the First Men (mankind).

The internet.... you never know what’s real. ;) :D 

just a communication gap i'm sure.

• Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Hopefully they cast Jonathan Banks to play Mike of house Ehrmantraut

You know, his character is 10,000 miles removed from the world of castle and dragons, but he would actually be fantastic in a GOT setting if his character was done correctly.

Only downside is his lack of English accent (wouldn't fit in the sound of the show) and I highly doubt Banks can do a convincing one.

3 hours ago, Foxx said:

i'm guessing that's a typo. reading Martins blog, it is 300 years prior?

FandB-DS-241-768x1167.jpg

Exactly when it's set or the direction they take with it really isn't important for me.

As long as the writers are the same, the lifeblood of the show will be just as good.

At that point, it's just an excuse to keep the world created in the show going for more episodes, which works for me!

11 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

You know, his character is 10,000 miles removed from the world of castle and dragons, but he would actually be fantastic in a GOT setting if his character was done correctly.

Only downside is his lack of English accent (wouldn't fit in the sound of the show) and I highly doubt Banks can do a convincing one.

Exactly when it's set or the direction they take with it really isn't important for me.

As long as the writers are the same, the lifeblood of the show will be just as good.

At that point, it's just an excuse to keep the world created in the show going for more episodes, which works for me!

Ian McShane had a nice little role for a short time. Good dynamic between him and the Hound.