Illegally launching yourself into a defenseless player: Refs ignore Edelman —- but the league fines him

YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, Billzgobowlin said:

I think this is why most Bills fans know their is no hope of winning this game, the officials aren't calling the game even.  There was a moment that should have been intentional grounding on Brady (I seem to remember even twice) and they just don't call him on it.  The play with Edelman was completely unnecessary and that player on 90% of teams would have been out of the game.  Against the Pats you don't get close calls and Gronk and Edelman get to stay in the game after plays that they should be getting ejected.

Yes, going into a game or every day as a pitiful dumpster fire is not going to win the favour of the powerful 

In soccer it’s a straight red card and you’re gone! The NFL really has to look at these things as an automatic ejection offense. Just like Gronk last year. These are deliberate attempts to use your equipment to injure another player. Neither was a ‘football move’!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Which rule?

Where they can call the player for targeting and kick him out of the game. I didn’t think the NFL Had that rule. (I could be wrong) 

2 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Yes, it's called unsportsmanlike conduct. 

Are you expecting the competition committee to come up with a specific rule for every disgusting thing a player/team can conceive of?  That's a lot to ask, especially as it pertains to the Pats*.

He was called for unsportsmanlike conduct.  Also there is a rule in college where the refs can call it targeting and kick the player out of the game. (That’s the rule I was talking about.)  

also if you believe only the Pats have players who have done this then you are very wrong. Almost every team has had a few each year.. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Reading?

Again the only penalty they could call (unsportsmanlike conduct) was called. I don’t believe they have the targeting rule like college.

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

So a slot WR who has normally displays outstanding coordination and precision route running, stopped, looked at the oncoming Bills player, left his feet, tilted the crown of his head down and made direct contact with another human's helmet was not intentionally going to helmet to helmet?

Just trying to get confirmation on that?

Well when I watched it live and the first time Monday night it didn’t look like it does in that video.. so I stand corrected :)

4 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Where they can call the player for targeting and kick him out of the game. I didn’t think the NFL Had that rule. (I could be wrong) 

He was called for unsportsmanlike conduct.  Also there is a rule in college where the refs can call it targeting and kick the player out of the game. (That’s the rule I was talking about.)  

also if you believe only the Pats have players who have done this then you are very wrong. Almost every team has had a few each year.. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/jerrybarca/2018/03/31/the-nfls-new-targeting-rule-will-save-football/amp/

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

Again the only penalty they could call (unsportsmanlike conduct) was called. I don’t believe they have the targeting rule like college.

Well when I watched it live and the first time Monday night it didn’t look like it does in that video.. so I stand corrected :)

They do 

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Like A Mofo said:

Patriot Way:

1. All time great QB: Absolutely

2. All Time great HC: Unquestioned

3. Aided by the following:

A. Holding calls ignored by refs for 20 years. Teams just don't find OL this easy. Something is amiss.

B. Picks, and hits like Edelman are allowed.

C. Spying

D. Deflating balls

E. Other things that I am sure they have or get away with that have not been discovered.

F. Scumbag fan base.

The Patriot Way. Me jealous? Not a chance.

Did you see the golden offensive holding call on the Pats while the game was still in the balance the other night? I was shocked and had to double-take! It was like seeing a unicorn.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I hate leaving the decision up to refs.. the personal foul was called, I guess technically they could have called two on him and that would automatically eject him from the game.  I will play devils advocate and say MAYBE they didn’t see the helmet to helmet? They missed a lot of mugging going on for both teams receivers lol

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, 34-78-83 said:

Did you see the golden offensive holding call on the Pats while the game was still in the balance the other night? I was shocked and had to double-take! It was like seeing a unicorn.

I did see it, it was right after a blatant missed call where the DE literally threw his arms up and had an olineman bear hugging him directly in front of the refs.   Friggin pathetic.   I think Hughes should wear a break away jersey in the NE games so he can actually get to the QB and leave the OL there holding his jersey.   It would be beautiful. 

• Haha (+1) 1

It looks way worse in slow motion. Game speed it just looks like a football play. I don't think he was trying to hurt anyone. By the book he should be called for leading with the helmet, but I would not fine him.

Still hate his guts, though. One of the most annoying players in a Pats uniform.

2 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

They had a lot of penalties in the Chicago game.. some were just bad calls others legit the. The few that were questionable.. doesn’t matter whining about it.. you can’t change the refs.

28 minutes ago, Like A Mofo said:

Patriot Way:

A. Holding calls ignored by refs for 20 years. Teams just don't find OL this easy. Something is amiss.

C. Spying

D. Deflating balls

E. Other things that I am sure they have or get away with that have not been discovered.

F. Scumbag fan base.

Yeah - Pats fans always say the “haters” are jealous.

No way would I want to be them.  Everything in that organization - including the cartoonish level of arrogance - is top down and extends to the fan base. 

9 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

I did see it, it was right after a blatant missed call where the DE literally threw his arms up and had an olineman bear hugging him directly in front of the refs.   Friggin pathetic.   I think Hughes should wear a break away jersey in the NE games so he can actually get to the QB and leave the OL there holding his jersey.   It would be beautiful. 

They teach o lineman to hold the jersey but let go if he starts get by you.. it’s technique for ALL O lineman. It is never called until they see the jersey being tugged

38 minutes ago, Like A Mofo said:

Patriot Way:

C. Spying

D. Deflating balls

F. Scumbag fan base.

A. Holding could be called on every down in every play for every team. (That’s a fact, it isn’t because the game would suck!)

B. Your example is poor, since he did get a personal foul. (No idea what people expected, wrong reason but same result)

C. Dead horse not beating it

d. Another dead horse

E. Wild speculation lol

F. Curious how does a fan base help the team win scumbag or not??  

I dont think your jealous, I think your grasping at any reason to believe the Pats been this good for this long besides just having the best HC and QB. I dare say BB is coaching in an era where quality good HC is hard to find.   I believe they win because 95% of other teams coaches pee down their leg when they see BB and they do something totally dumb and cost them the game.

Edited by PatsFanNH

6 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

They had a lot of penalties in the Chicago game.. some were just bad calls others legit the. The few that were questionable.. doesn’t matter whining about it.. you can’t change the refs.

True it can part of their human nature but they need to check themselves regularly. :)

My point was more about the timing of the penalty.

There's been a disturbing historical trend noticed by some with regard to Pats offensive holding penalties and when they occur in games in relation to the rest of the league (ie. the majority occur when the game is no longer in the balance/competetive)

• Like (+1) 1

Such a scumbag.  And it’s not like it was someone that had done him wrong in the past.  It’s Lafayette Pitts.....Why would julien Edelman do THAT to Lafayette Pitts?  Only one answer.  He’s a scumbag

20 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

They teach o lineman to hold the jersey but let go if he starts get by you.. it’s technique for ALL O lineman. It is never called until they see the jersey being tugged

A. Holding could be called on every down in every play for every team. (That’s a fact, it isn’t because the game would suck!)

B. Your example is poor, since he did get a personal foul. (No idea what people expected, wrong reason but same result)

d. Another dead horse

E. Wild speculation lol

I dont think your jealous, I think your grasping at any reason to believe the Pats been this good for this long besides just having the best HC and QB. I dare say BB is coaching in an era where quality good HC is hard to find.   I believe they win because 95% of other teams coaches pee down their leg when they see BB and they do something totally dumb and cost them the game.

Dead horses are hilarious.  There’s a reason it’s been beaten like a dead horse.  BECAUSE ITS TRUE AND THEY WERE CAUGHT CHEATING..  tainted 

you just have to realize that when you cheat, get caught cheating, cheat again and get caught cheating again, that one of the punishments is being called cheaters forever and ever.  Take your medicine like a man.  You’re on an opposing teams message board.  Why?  We all know why.  And you’ll be gone forever once the cheaters retire. ✌?

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Such a scumbag.  And it’s not like it was someone that had done him wrong in the past.  It’s Lafayette Pitts.....Why would julien Edelman do THAT to Lafayette Pitts?  Only one answer.  He’s a scumbag

Dead horses are hilarious.  There’s a reason it’s been beaten like a dead horse.  BECAUSE ITS TRUE AND THEY WERE CAUGHT CHEATING..  tainted 

Lol your post was screaming “fight me” but I’m not going to. Dead horse means the debate and time talk about them is done.. now if you found anything else I said wrong and like talk about it as two rational adults go for it. :)

22 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

d. Another dead horse

E. Wild speculation lol

You are a decent Pats Fan and poster, I appreciate your contributions. I do wonder what your thoughts are on this year’s team? They don’t look as good to me as they have in past years. They were playing a QB who just rolled in off the beach and a bunch of scrubs and needed a pick 6 to cover. Do you think they go far in the playoffs? 

4 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Lol your post was screaming “fight me” but I’m not going to. Dead horse means the debate and time talk about them is done.. now if you found anything else I said wrong and like talk about it as two rational adults go for it. :)

It’s a dead horse when you’re a pats fan.  The rest of the world still calls you the cheatriots,  you’re the most hated team in the league,  because you cheat and because you have players that love to take cheap shots at other players on the reg.

it is what it is,  you get your props for having the best coach ever and the best qb ever.  And they cheated on their way.  Multiple times

Edited by NewEra
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

You are a decent Pats Fan and poster, I appreciate your contributions. I do wonder what your thoughts are on this year’s team? They don’t look as good to me as they have in past years. They were playing a QB who just rolled in off the beach and a bunch of scrubs and needed a pick 6 to cover. Do you think they go far in the playoffs? 

This is not one of their better teams. I think they still make the AFC Championship game just because outside of KC I don’t see a team capable coming into Foxoborough and winning.  The D is bad on the line.. the secondary is better than the get credit for but hard keep coverage when the QB has 5-6 seconds to throw.  (To answer it short this team isn’t wining a SB unless the D truly finds itself)

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

There was also a play early in the game where Edelman asked the ref for a flag and after not throwing one initially, he got one.

They did the same to KB. Gilly was whining about a phantom OPI, and a play or two later, voila!