Illegally launching yourself into a defenseless player: Refs ignore Edelman —- but the league fines him

YoloinOhio

This hypocrisy isn’t changing until Brady retires and the dynasty crumbles. It can’t go on forever! I just hope that we are ready to takeover as the next dynasty. These kids we have brought in the last two seasons have me optimistic!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

How did they ignore it? He got called for a personal foul for it?? Not sure what else you expected to happen by the refs.

unlike Gronk who did his idiocy way after the play was done, Edelman was during the play and seeing as both their heads knocked together I don’t BELIEVE he was trying for helmet to helmet.. but again it was called.

So a slot WR who has normally displays outstanding coordination and precision route running, stopped, looked at the oncoming Bills player, left his feet, tilted the crown of his head down and made direct contact with another human's helmet was not intentionally going to helmet to helmet?

Just trying to get confirmation on that?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

So a slot WR who has normally displays outstanding coordination and precision route running, stopped, looked at the oncoming Bills player, left his feet, tilted the crown of his head down and made direct contact with another human's helmet was not intentionally going to helmet to helmet?

Just trying to get confirmation on that?

• Like (+1) 1

How doesn't he get tossed for that?   That was such a blatant helmet to helmet that there should of been no doubt an ejection was warranted.   Pitts could have easily got a concussion from this.  

My hate for the Patriots goes so beyond them just kicking our ass every year.   I can't stand to watch them, no matter how good they are, and I am someone who appreciates good football no matter the team, especially since Buffalo has been what they've been for going on two decades...

4 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Cute.  But the thread title says "refs ignore edelman," which, of course, they didn't because they flagged him.  

Reading more than the thread title

do you know what he was flagged for? Was it the rule that is in the thread title? 

Edited by YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

So are you saying that he should have been tossed, not just flagged for the play?  

Either way, refs didn't exactly "ignore" him, did they? 

Yes, they ignored him targeting with helmet to helmet. He was flagged for blocking after a fair catch. These are different penalties with different consequences. 

Just save the tape(s)... Hand it to his lawyers when his brains are scrambled and pulls a "ZayZay" in a hotel room 30 years from now.

The League did nothing to eject an unsportsmanlike act and menace.  A menace to a guy the League specifically instructed to lay up on the receiver, or face harsh consequences.  He did that, was easing up and then gets menaced, helmet to helmet included... Facemask to facemask, head snaps back... And shoved into his own man who finishes his other teammate off?

That's not ejection worthy?  Than nothing is.

Go back to old school.  The game is unwatchable.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Patriot Way

Patriot Way:

1. All time great QB: Absolutely

2. All Time great HC: Unquestioned

3. Aided by the following:

A. Holding calls ignored by refs for 20 years. Teams just don't find OL this easy. Something is amiss.

B. Picks, and hits like Edelman are allowed.

C. Spying

D. Deflating balls

E. Other things that I am sure they have or get away with that have not been discovered.

F. Scumbag fan base.

The Patriot Way. Me jealous? Not a chance.

• Like (+1) 1