I MADE A BET WITH MY FRIENDS. WOULD YOU TAKE THIS BET?

Irv

5 hours ago, Irv said:

One Raiders, Dolphins, Jets, and me who is a Bills fan.  We bet $100 each with winner-take-all on who would win the Super Bowl first.  Would you bet on the Bills?  I’m 53 years old and Frankly I don’t think I will ever collect or pay.  What do you think?

I would, we have the coach and QB to get it done.

I’m also in my 50s and sometimes wear a shirt that says “Just One Before I Die.”   

Im not confident that’ll happen.   But your competition doesn’t look strong either.

It’s a good bet.   And I think the suggestions to add something to the pot each year are great.

Bills have a D that can keep the team in most games. (The other teams do not) The Bills just have a train wreck on O that COULD be fixed with your young QB taking a step forward in the next couple of years and more importantly drafting/signing talented WR and RB around him.

The Raiders are a dumpster fire right now!  They are a good 5-6 years at least away from challenging for the division never mind the SB, the Jets are close but their D isn’t that good.  And the Phins.. they will be rebuilding again next year..

9 hours ago, Irv said:

One Raiders, Dolphins, Jets, and me who is a Bills fan.  We bet $100 each with winner-take-all on who would win the Super Bowl first.  Would you bet on the Bills?  I’m 53 years old and Frankly I don’t think I will ever collect or pay.  What do you think?

It's a fun bet. None of them are winning it in the foreseeable future. You could honestly set a dollar a week to the side and cover it if you have to ever pay. I'd take it. Why not.

I know of a couple of guys who have had a long running wager on whether the Bills will win a Super Bowl or whether the Sabres will win a Stanley Cup, first. Kind of similar situation... They are both approaching 60 yrs old... I'm not convinced either one will ever live long enough to see either happen...