I MADE A BET WITH MY FRIENDS. WOULD YOU TAKE THIS BET?

Irv

One Raiders, Dolphins, Jets, and me who is a Bills fan.  We bet $100 each with winner-take-all on who would win the Super Bowl first.  Would you bet on the Bills?  I’m 53 years old and Frankly I don’t think I will ever collect or pay.  What do you think?

Just now, Irv said:

One Raiders, Dolphins, Jets, and me who is a Bills fan.  We bet $100 each with winner-take-all on who would win the Super Bowl first.  Would you bet on the Bills?  I’m 53 years old and Frankly I don’t think I will ever collect or pay.  What do you think?

You lose.  The Dolphins, Raiders and Jets all have already won a Super Bowl.  The Bills haven’t.

1 minute ago, mannc said:

You lose.  The Dolphins, Raiders and Jets all have already won a Super Bowl.  The Bills haven’t.

Dude - going forward.   Are you an idiot?

Edited by Irv
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Irv said:

Depends on how old your friends are and who's holding the money.   I think the Jets and Bills are ahead of the other two because they at least have an opportunity at their QB working out. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Irv said:

Dude - going forward

If you put it that way, I give the Jets the best chance, even though I don’t believe in Darnold; I think they have some talent.  The Dolphins are about to embark on a rebuild after they fire Gase, and the Raiders are in Gruden jail for the foreseeable future.  Bills are a long way off; the offense has to be completely rebuilt and that is going to take a very long time, even if it turns out that Allen can play.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Jets.  You.  Raiders.  Dolphins.

In that order, but by the time it pays off, you'll all be too old and senile to remember you made the bet. 

I’ll open this thread tomorrow to see what it’s all about... 

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Irv said:

The smart move for your friends what of been-first team that wins Superbowl- each better gives $100.  The next team to win, the remaining betters all give $100.  And so on.  Your Raiders, Dolphins, and Jets friends saved you $300, and 20 years

25 minutes ago, Irv said:

It's an interesting premise.

Those are 4 really bad franchises and none look close to being good any time soon.

To be honest, I can't see any of them winning anything in the near future.  

If I had to guess 1 franchise, I'd say the Raiders win first.

Sure, I'd take the bet.  $100 is reasonable and it's among (I assume) good friends.  

Why not?

Edited by Fadingpain
  • Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Irv said:

I don't think any one of you needs to worry about losing or collecting pay.

Edited by Golden Goat

1 hour ago, Irv said:

For $100 amongst friends? Why dafuk not?  It's not about the money, it's about the bragging rights.

But you gotta give it some legs. Everyone should have to kick in $25 for every Super Bowl that nobody wins.

Your last sentence is ridiculous. You'll pay or win unless your health is much worse than can be expected.

I'd do it. $100 isn't going to break me.

56 minutes ago, DefenseWins said:

For the record, I stated last week that the Patriots game was the game to bet $5000 on against the Bills...

Yeah. Could've picked up a hundred bucks or so.