I honestly think Zay Jones is a decent wide receiver

Bills365

Its about time the guy came in with the hype of a Sammy Watkins, Hopkins kind of thing given what he did in college & i along with a lot of other Bills fans thought he should have shown this right out of the gate & went up from there but he started very cold !

Hopefully from here he will just continue to grow & give a true target to who ever is under center ...

He’s coming along. What I would like to see in the offseason is for him to add 10 pounds to his frame. You look at others who are similar in height - Hopkins, Watkins, Julio Jones, they all go about 210 pounds and up. He looks so slight on the field at his size. I’d also like to see him develop a meaner/nastier edge.

13 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

He's nothing special and there is no reason to define him as such, unless you're trying to justify the draft pick as a Bills fan.

You can pretty much expect this response from you

i feel he still has a lot to prove he need to make plays whe. The games actually matter stop expecting kB to make those plays and dial up some stuff for zay

There was every reason to think Zay Jones could be a legit reciever in this league when he came out of college.  The three guys I thought would be great were Kupp, Reynolds, and Jones.  They all shined in the Senior Bowl showing great ability and the Senior Bowl is a nice show case for what they can do outside their own offenses.  That said Zay seemingly couldn't catch a cold his first season.  If felt like he dropped as many as he caught.  If he has finally gotten comfortable in the NFL and can hang on to more passes than he drops growing into the offense with Allen would be an excellent chance for him to become a great receiver.  All that said 1 game does not fix everything.  It's a step in the right direction.  Now he just needs to do that on a week to week basis.

3 hours ago, Maine-iac said:

There was every reason to think Zay Jones could be a legit reciever in this league when he came out of college.  The three guys I thought would be great were Kupp, Reynolds, and Jones.  They all shined in the Senior Bowl showing great ability and the Senior Bowl is a nice show case for what they can do outside their own offenses.  That said Zay seemingly couldn't catch a cold his first season.  If felt like he dropped as many as he caught.  If he has finally gotten comfortable in the NFL and can hang on to more passes than he drops growing into the offense with Allen would be an excellent chance for him to become a great receiver.  All that said 1 game does not fix everything.  It's a step in the right direction.  Now he just needs to do that on a week to week basis.

I think he passed that cold on to KB 

16 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

He sure is. Now we need a #2 and #1 and hope Zay can kill it in the slot.

This is exactly what I was going to say. 

If we could just find a #1 like a Sammy Watkins or Robert Woods, and a #2 like a Chris Hogan or Marquis Goodwin...Zay would be great as the 3rd guy in the slot.

But apparently the Bills can't find WR's of that caliber, so we may be stuck with Zay as our #1 which isn't going to work. 

• Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

They should use him and shady in the slot more. I think a lot of their plays has KB as first read and that's probably an issue cuz he sucks 

Actually, I think Zay has had a little more success when they line him up outside.

Shady in the slot could be fun, though. They're gonna need to keep being creative as possible. I guess one positive about Peterman starting is that he knows the whole playbook. Daboll might be able to open things up a little bit. Might get lucky and throw something at the Bears that isn't on film yet.

Just now, blacklabel said:

Actually, I think Zay has had a little more success when they line him up outside.

Shady in the slot could be fun, though. They're gonna need to keep being creative as possible. I guess one positive about Peterman starting is that he knows the whole playbook. Daboll might be able to open things up a little bit. Might get lucky and throw something at the Bears that isn't on film yet.

yeah. I wasn't saying they should play Zay in the slot I was trying to say they should throw to Zay more instead of Kelvin Benjamin and use Shady more in the slot as a receiver

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Gugny said:

I have always thought, and still think, that he will be a superstar.  Last year was mind-boggling, but I was confident it was just rookie yips.

I still belive this too. I think he’s very nearly the  athlete  Diggs is. Just needs to grow into the role, get a little stronger and get on the same page as a good QB

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Bills365 said:

Am i the only one who thinks that this guy is atleast a decent wide receiver #2 in this league? He has definately improved his route running. He hasnt had any bad drops not that he has had many passes thrown to him. From watching the games and then rewatching he seems to seperate and catch the ball when given the chance. I feel like if he had a decent qb throwing to him he could be a legitimate receiver in this league. Am i just delusional here? I know alot of people have been down on this guy but i have a feeling he will shine by the end of his rookie contract.

He is very good when you have a QB that will throw him the ball

4 hours ago, Tisker A Tasker said:

I agree.  He's looked much better.  Let's not forget that it took Moulds a few years to develop.

This is what’s stunning to me: almost every receiver doesn’t come into their own until year three.  

So many on this board abandon players at the outset without thinking of the long game. 

• Like (+1) 1

Its amazing how we can see if a player is actually good when we feed him the ball. Zay needs to get 8-12 targets a game... he can turn into a very solid 2nd WR that you can move in & out of the slot. 

He is a good receiver. His off season antics hurt his reputation a little, and the inability of the offensive line to block has led to some problems for quarterbacks getting the ball to receivers. He actually has good chemistry with Peterman. Expect a TD from his this Sunday.