Some sick part of me is excited to see peterman go again...

Hebert19

I feel the same way. I know many on the board are angry about the current state of the team and yes watching them lose isn't fun. But I'm one of those who believes that if you're going to do it right, tear it down and start over. 

I prefer this to the 7-9/8-8 mediocrity. Throw NP out there and if he throws 5 picks, hell with it. It's almost easier to watch this way. I focus on the players that will be here long term (Edmunds, Dawkins, White, Zay, Allen) and accept it for what it is. 

This precise theme was brought up today by Bulldog on S&B on GR55.

His assertion was that if Peterman actually starts, NFL fans around the country would presumably want to see the game as it has a "train wreck" factor to it.  Like who could imagine that the Bills would actually start the guy again.

I don't think he was referencing Bills fans tuning in for the train wreck factor however! 

The situation here is now so bad, you have to make jokes and have fun with it.  It's the only aspect of it left that could be considered "entertaining."

Edited by Fadingpain

25 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Maybe I'm sick...sadistic or a glutton for punishment...I cant put a finger on it.  Bit here are a few possible reasons why anyone would want to watch peterman this Sunday.  

1.  Holy *****...there is no way of could get worse could it?   I mean he really has no where to go but up right???

2.  The meme and gifs monday after another epic fail will be hilarious as *****.  That's always good times.  

3.  Part of me is rooting for Gurley to outscore us this year.  (Dawgs fan)

4.  Can anyone say number 1 overall. 

5.  Can the bears D score more points than our O for the second straight week?  

6.  What's the record for sacks in a game?  He's going to he so gunshy we may find out.  

7.  I just feel bad for the kid.  He has no right being out there so I hope he doesn't suck too bad. 

What am i missing?  And in case there are people who dont see the humor in this.  It's a joke thread.  Ha

Even if this is a joke thread, I'm actually right there with you in that there is a part of me that would be intrigued to see Peterman start Sunday.  And as you stated, I'm also of the train of thought that he really has nowhere to go but up.  I have a hard time envisioning him stinking up the joint ANY worse than he already has, and I really do feel bad for the guy.  I mean the poor guy's last performance was so bad he had to resort to stating that there are things in life besides football, and had to proclaim his faith in Jesus.  I honestly thought that was his last day in Buffalo, and as an NFL quarterback.   But lo and behold, he's still on our roster.  He is the laughing stock of the entire league.  I say there is no pressure on him, no expectations.  He is obviously of the feline species because he's close to his 9th life.  I would love to see him go out there Sunday and play his little heart out.   And to be honest, with his knowledge of the playbook and Daboll's offense, he's a better option than anyone we could possibly bring in off the street at this point.  So yes, I too must be somewhat of a masochist,  because a part of me does want to see my fellow Pitt alum go out there and get one last chance.  And the upside, in addition to the chance he actually does play well, is that if he goes out there and does what 99.9 percent of the football world is expecting him to do, come Monday morning he'll HAVE to be unemployed.

1 minute ago, ngbills said:

Joke of the NFL. This is how players lose respect for their coach. 

Or it sets an example for the team that if you pray to Jesus hard enough, anything is possible. In the Process we Trust.

I should care.  In fact, I should be pulling my hair out.  But the fact is, I really don't give a damn.

At some point this season - maybe when we traded away TT without a viable replacement or maybe when I learned we had the lowest paid roster in the league - I decided that 2018 is simply preseason for 2019.  

I don't expect Derek Anderson or NP to be on the roster next year, so I don't really care which one gets the reps.  We'll probably lose in either case.  

I just hope the young guys who are sticking around play well.

6 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Joke of the NFL. This is how players lose respect for their coach. 

Season is done anyway. I hope he throws a bunch of picks and they are forced to cut him. The guy should not be on any NFL roster. 

Would love for the team to officially turn on McD; it would hasten his firing, which would move the franchise further along, quicker.

As it is now, we are going to have to sit through the Allen experiment, then get rid of McBeane, then do new hiring, then sit through their roster alterations, blah blah...it's gonna be 2021 or later before we have a shot at being decent. 

2 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I should care.  In fact, I should be pulling my hair out.  But the fact is, I really don't give a damn.

At some point this season - maybe when we traded away TT without a viable replacement or maybe when I learned we had the lowest paid roster in the league - I decided that 2018 is simply preseason for 2019.  

I don't expect Derek Anderson or NP to be on the roster next year, so I don't really care which one gets the reps.  We'll probably lose in either case.  

I just hope the young guys who are sticking around play well.

The one thing everyone should care about is that Allen is injured and not playing.  It's the only positive thing that can come from this season--his development--or lack thereof.

It would be beneficial for everyone to know if he is going to be the man, or not the man, as quickly as possible.

What we're going through now with his injury is just wasted time.

Edited by Fadingpain

Joke or not, being excited about watching Peterman start yet again is akin to taking some sick joy in seeing a rat getting repeatedly shocked in a Skinner box. End the ****ing experiment already... for his sake, his teammates’ sake, and the fans’ sake. He doesn’t belong in the NFL. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PIP said:

This would be a good week for the guy who lost $5,000 on the bills Minnesota game this is his chance to make his money back guarantee Buffalo gets destroyed

It would be awesome if that guy would bet 5k against the Bills every week.

He's got that jinx quality about him.