Matt Barkley Coming to town

Reed83HOF

55 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

Did you know that "Frankenstein" was the surname of the doctor who created the "monster."  Many people....like you, apparently....think that the green, tall, ugly monster with bolts sticking out of his neck & a flat top head, is named "Frankenstein." He is/was NOT.  He is/was simply "the monster."  *The more you know*

Hey, somebody else watched CBS this morning on Sunday. 

56 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

Did you know that "Frankenstein" was the surname of the doctor who created the "monster."  Many people....like you, apparently....think that the green, tall, ugly monster with bolts sticking out of his neck & a flat top head, is named "Frankenstein." He is/was NOT.  He is/was simply "the monster."  *The more you know*

Yes, I do know that. I even wrote a book about it. See my ID image.

pride-and-prometheus-9781481481472_hr.jpg

48 minutes ago, DallasMac said:

Guess I'm the only one that likes this.  He's had some good games but can turn the ball over.  I'll take it right now but yes management really screwed up the Qb situation this year.  

My fault. I thought you were referring to Peterman. All these quarterbacks are starting to blend together.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

They don't have many choices because they ***** up in the first place. 

How?  Other than not bringing  Anderson in earlier when they traded McCarron, how?

They are down two guys that got hurt.  So they have to bring a fourth guy in.

1 hour ago, White Linen said:

I agree and completely understand the point you're making.  Not to pile on but remember they didn't decide rag arm Peterman was a viable back up - they decided he was our starter.  They are scaring the crap out of me. 

While technically true, he was merely a placeholder. Unfortunately, that turned into a comical disaster. Oops! 

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

While technically true, he was merely a placeholder. Unfortunately, that turned into a comical disaster. Oops! 

I generally am not into superlatives but this is by far the worst this team has looked in the last 20 years. Utter incompetent mess. Offense is a total, unmitigated disaster and much of it is self inflicted. I would say this is comical if not for the number of QBs getting hurt. 

Edited by Fan in Chicago
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

I generally am not into superlatives but this is by far the worst this team has looked in the last 20 years. Utter incompetent mess. Offense is a total, unmitigated disaster and much of it is self inflicted. I would say this is comical if not for the number of QBs getting hurt. 

Yep, I can’t recall a worse NFL unit than our offense right now. Having said that, a lot has gone wrong that was not easily foreseen. Wood, Richie, KB forgot how to catch, QB injuries, etc. Still, it looks like a weak HS offense. It’s NOT the whole team, it’s the offense. (ST is meh.) I’m OK with waiting for another season and reserving judgment. To do otherwise would be foolish. Don’t start over every other year. That’s led to decades of disappointment. 

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Just like Derek Anderson, Matt Barkley will amount to crap here. Might as well call Charles Barkley.

That would be turrible! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

I'm not gonna lie. I liked Matt Barkley over EJ Manuel, Geno Smith, and Ryan Nassib in the "we HAVE to pick one" 2013 Draft. Kind of funny to see him suit up here 5 years after the fact. Couldn't be much worse than Derek Anderson and an upgrade over watching Nathan Peterman. I'm fine with Barkley steering the tank until they're ready to put Josh Allen back in.

• Like (+1) 1