The Draft Network: An offseason plan to fix the Bills offense

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think Dawkins is fine at LT. He had a big miss on mnf that led to DA fumble but he had left the field injured and had just come back and I think that could have been a factor 

Dawkins is the least of the problems. I’d hate to see them waste a top pick on a LT. Sign a few of those guards and then draft a mid round center and 2nd round RT. 

The only thing the defense needs is another edge rusher and that is the strength of this years FA class. 

Trade back to around number 8-10 and take the best WR. Use one of those extra picks on an elite RB in the 2nd round. Draft RT with other 2nd round pick.

That formula would have Dawkins as the only remaining starter playing outside of two middle of the road FA guards and the the rooks. 

This would allow the Bills to add the best WR available and a top 3 RB in the draft, a top RT prospect and a top 5 guy at center from the 19’ draft. 

2 minutes ago, Heitz said:

This thread doesn't get it - no amount of draft picks or dollars to spend in FA will help the Bills.  We're doomed.  It's unpossible to fix - I read it here!  ?

Bleh. They have the money and the picks it’s just the idea of them hitting on over half of the signings and picks. 

1 minute ago, Starr Almighty said:

I need Bell with the signings he suggests. If we're going to be a run 1st team we need a top 2 back 

If McD can get past his me first attitude, that’s a guy I can see them going after. But not sure you keep both him and Shady. They could trade Shady in the offseason for the final year of his contract. They need A running back, Shady, Bell or otherwise, who they can depend on defenses focusing on in both the passing game and running game. If they keep Shady I think they draft someone like that, if they don’t i think they sign someone like that with experience. I do not think they just go with a rookie. 

16 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

The author describes Allen as a critical building block and I guess assumes he's going to be magically better next year, especially considering his lost development time this year due to injury.

His plan doesn't involve a QB beyond that.

The rest of it doesn't really matter unless Allen can turn into a new player, and on short notice.

Yes- author is clear Allen has to get better, not magically but it’s a must. He’s flashed pocket presecence, accuracy and can get the ball to anywhere on the field. Needs consistency and for the game to slow down.  It’s possible it could happen. He’s shown incredible accuracy on some throws. 

“Allen developing is the single-most important element to Buffalo turning its offense around”