Ok All Those Who Want Beane/McDermott Fired? Who Do YOU Want?

Like A Mofo

7 minutes ago, Like A Mofo said:

we cannot just keep changing GM's and Head Coaches like nothing, we have to stick with this.

Now the Offensive Coordinator and such, that I agree with. Above all, we need to fix the OL. It always starts in the trenches.

That's why I said I'd give them 4 years.  Definitely need to shore up the OL this off season and get some decent WR talent as well.

• Like (+1) 1

Let me reverse the question. Why do you want to keep McBeane?

After starting 5-2 they have gone 6-12.

And can we be real about Josh Allen? He wasn't even a good quarterback at Wyoming. He's probably going to bust if we're being realistic about it.

I just don't see what is so great about McBeane. 

Edited by RosenNOTchosen1
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I don't want them fired, but also not a fan of what they did on offense up this point. They were handed an elite running team, and now made it one of the worst. Anyways I don't them fired but say for some reason they do get canned. 

I would take the Vikes OC John DeFilippo as the HC mainly because he would help Allen immensely. Other than that I have no other thoughts of who I'd want because it isn't realistic.

Edited by Captain Murica
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Like A Mofo said:

Names anyone? Of course I want someone too who can help the offense, but let's talk names. I am not that knowing myself, asking the panel of experts here who yearn for firings.

Frank Reich.  Pretty sure we interviewed him and went with the defensive version of him. 

22 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

I don't want them fired, but also not a fan of what they did on offense up this point. They were handed an elite running team, and now made it one of the worst. Anyways I don't them fired but say for some reason they do get canned. 

I would take the Vikes OC John DeFilippo as the HC mainly because he would help Allen immensely. Other than that I have no other thoughts of who I'd want because it isn't realistic.

Retirement of Wood and Incognito was our elite running team, hard to fill both those spots with equivalent talent given the timeline. But I agree, some decisions on handling the offense are on them, but nothing warranting a firing imo.

It's hard to gauge OC's as most current successful OCs either want to stay put or go HC somewhere else. I like the failed HC coming back as a coordinator thread, but definitely do not want Hue Jackson anywhere near this team. Todd Haley I don't know enough about outside of associating his name to Pittsburgh. I don't think we'd need a new HC, but if one were to be hired, please just go with an offensive minded coach...

Edited by ctk232
  • Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, jkirchofer said:

I want someone that knows how to build an offense. Someone that can evaluate talent beyond how they fit into a culture. I want someone that can call plays on offense when needed. Good Defensive Coordinators are a dime a dozen. Defenses no longer win in this NFL. They keep you in games, but they do not win them. McDermott is a glorified D-Coordinator, who is over his head as a head coach.

Yeah yeah....we all want that. Sounds like you have it all figured out. 

Edited by RaoulDuke79

57 minutes ago, Nester said:

Not a single name named yet...

Not shocked at all.

Did you really expect anything other than "I WANT IT AND I WANT IT NOW!" Temper tantrums is all that you get, this post exposes those who really don't follow football and just like making noise!

13 minutes ago, Pete said:

I give Beane one more year.  There should be a marked improvement after 3 years.  I don't care what kind of mess a NFL GM walks into.  If the team is not improved in 3 years- sayonara 

Fair enough!

3 hours ago, jkirchofer said:

I want someone that knows how to build an offense. Someone that can evaluate talent beyond how they fit into a culture. I want someone that can call plays on offense when needed. Good Defensive Coordinators are a dime a dozen. Defenses no longer win in this NFL. They keep you in games, but they do not win them. McDermott is a glorified D-Coordinator, who is over his head as a head coach.

It seems like you missed the point. We want names, not concepts. Yes, we all want “better”. Who gets us there? I’m sick of knee jerk reactions and fine watching this play out. Every time you start over you go back to zero. 

I actually thought of starting a similar thread about young, creative offensive minds for OC. (I’m just not generally a thread starter, too many of those out there!) NOT saying fire anyone, and maybe you like Daboll, but who is available to make the offense a weapon. I KNOW, they need talent, but there must be an NFL assistant of college coach who is on the rise. Is Daboll the guy? Who’s the next big thing. I really have no idea, so it was just a question. 

2 hours ago, ctk232 said:

Retirement of Wood and Incognito was our elite running team, hard to fill both those spots with equivalent talent given the timeline. But I agree, some decisions on handling the offense are on them, but nothing warranting a firing imo.

It's hard to gauge OC's as most current successful OCs either want to stay put or go HC somewhere else. I like the failed HC coming back as a coordinator thread, but definitely do not want Hue Jackson anywhere near this team. Todd Haley I don't know enough about outside of associating his name to Pittsburgh. I don't think we'd need a new HC, but if one were to be hired, please just go with an offensive minded coach...

I heard Tony Gonzales on the radio today saying he asked guys around the league when Haley came in and heard he had a huge ego, was a screamer, and Tony  decided he wasn’t a guy he wanted to play for. Said he’d rather retire than play for him, so ended up getting traded. I was surprised at his candor, and turned off by Haley. 

Edited by Augie

I’m okay either way but I don’t hate the idea of a young, creative, offensive mind to bring them into this millennium. There are things I like and things that I hate about McDermott. Give me Lincoln Riley while retaining Frazier and try to keep the defense going. 

It is criminal to have a young, talented QB that is surrounded by this talent with no QB coach. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2