Do we really have give McBeane the 2019 season?

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Are they? Keep at 10 points a game and putting up a Historically disgusting offense and some more blowout losses and lets see 

They have to spend a certain amount which is manditory by the NFL....but I bet that they are relying heavy on the draft for needs......

I just dont see Beane going on a huge spending spree to bring in marginal players just because Pegula will pay the tab

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Are they? Keep at 10 points a game and putting up a Historically disgusting offense and some more blowout losses and lets see 

Bobby.....they could be a complete ***** show on offense the rest of the year and they will not get fired.....if firings were gonna happen they would have happened by now

1 hour ago, Tazor Face said:

Yeah let's go back to.the way we've done things the past 18 years, that worked well.

Like how firing Rex after <2 seasons led to a playoff berth the next year with a rookie HC ?

In all seriousness though, I think we absolutely need to give McBeane one more full season after this one. The "process" was clearly to build long term at the cost of winning this year. I'm not sold on the plan and see a lot of red flags in their decision making, BUT they've shown enough to give them the benefit of the doubt for one more year. If 2019 draft + FA class work out and Allen+Edmunds turn into the stars we hope, this will be a great team. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Bobby.....they could be a complete ***** show on offense the rest of the year and they will not get fired.....if firings were gonna happen they would have happened by now

And I hope Pegs says you onow what I am caping you. You cannot spend that cap space. Then when they are fired the same rebuilding excuse cannot be used. 

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...I've worn out the comparison my friend, but do not really give a rat's azz in my 56th year of following this club...so I'm gonna do it AGAIN....and maybe even AGAIN later.....the Steelers' model....(1) non-meddling owners who hire football people to do their jobs. (2) THREE HC's in 48 years and I doubt it was based on "warm 'n fuzzy continuity" crap versus based on their abilities; (3) Colbert has been their GM since 2000 and AGAIN,  I doubt it was based on "warm 'n fuzzy continuity" crap versus based on his abilities;RESULT: SIX Lombardis.......yes SIX....sounds like a damn good formula to me...hell I only want ONE before I ship off to "Hell's Kitchen" where the reception sucks and LCD's melt before halftime.....ONE is too much to ask in my advancing years??....

100% agree and I think we are saying the same thing.  My first game was in the %$&@ rockpile.... so yeah forever fan here as well.  People just need to relax and allow this plan to work out.  In 3 years, IF we suck.... churn the butter and go from there. Many Bills' fans have the attention span and the patience of a gnat!!

Edited by aceman_16
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, vorpma said:

Then we fire the new guys in 2020 because we don't have the fricking patience to rebuild into a contender for the long term; the millennial Bills cheer "WE WANT IT AND WE WANT IT NOW, keep firing until we get it! You must be new to the NFL!

Isn't this like the 412,347th time this guy's has posted this sentiment?

• Like (+1) 1

McBeane's alright. Offensively behind the curve, great motivator, great D caller. Look at the GM that's giving him nothing to help his weaknesses. Sean McVay doesn't know crap about defense. Doesn't care. Good thing he had a GM that recognized that.

But he's a Petermoron. That's justification for firing I'll give you that. Not that I would but I understand. His faith in him is a level of stupidity I rarely see. What if Whaley just loooooved his baby UDFA Tuel. He was smarter than that. AND TUEL IS SO MUCH BETTER

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

No *****.

Terry has been no better than Ralph. Ralph was bad and even worse in his later years. Terry is right there with him to this point. He's probably more clueless.

It must be the twenty somethings who only been a fan for ten years want patience 

Edited by Helpmenow

29 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

100% agree and I think we are saying the same thing.  My first game was in the %$&@ rockpile.... so yeah forever fan here as well.  People just need to relax and allow this olan to work out.  In 3 years, IF we suck.... churn the butter and go from there. Many Bills' fans have the attention span and the patience of a gnat!!

...admittedly, I'm NOT the brightest bulb in the lighting store.....but how do TBD prognosticators forecast 3-13, 4-12, 5-11. 6-10 etc., yet nylons get knotted up when we are ON THE SAME DAMN PATH THEY FORECASTED?....what did I miss or is my hope of being at least a 30W bulb down to 15?.....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 3

34 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Like how firing Rex after <2 seasons led to a playoff berth the next year with a rookie HC ?

In all seriousness though, I think we absolutely need to give McBeane one more full season after this one. The "process" was clearly to build long term at the cost of winning this year. I'm not sold on the plan and see a lot of red flags in their decision making, BUT they've shown enough to give them the benefit of the doubt for one more year. If 2019 draft + FA class work out and Allen+Edmunds turn into the stars we hope, this will be a great team. 

I think the front office and coaching staff where surprised as anyone with the playoff birth. Obviously the process included getting a qb in a qb rich class but with the playoff record it forced them to use valuable draft picks to trade up, if we where able to use one of those 2nd round picks on an interior lineman our line might of improved.

I believe this regime will get at least 2 more years, next year we should be back to an average 7-9, 8-8 record, year after that they will be expected to make a playoff push

34 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

It would be the smart move to move on after this season. 

This isn’t getting fixed in the off-season. There won’t be enough Carolina cast offs in FA, and any other FA has to be part of their precious process as well as their draft picks, speaking of  the draft resources, the players drafted that give immediate impacts will be at the very best 3 players and the first draft pick will be  defense player anyway. 

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I personally dont think you should give them the 2019 season.

They do not deserve your fan loyalty

Is that code for “go away”?   ?

The simple and obvious answer is: YES. 

Why do we have to keep asking the question? Over..and over...and.....