Maybe the truth is the bills just dont want to give up Shady

31 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I know we could use another pass rusher....I know we need WR help

But more and more I am leaning towards taking the best LT......either in the first or second round......move Dawkins to LG.....start the rook at LT......find a free agent OG and OC....spend money there

Just keep our RB's.....improve what is in front of them

Buffalo had cap spacd to target players..based on who they sign will affect who they draft.

If buffalo picks top 5 id trade down and get additional picks to use on players they need. One player to target in 2nd or 3rd is a RB.

2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

The Bills are not in any position to pass on elite talent to trade down for more picks. They are trending towards a Top 5 pick. 

And if that ends up being the case, they should seriously consider trading down.

The Bills are going to need all the draft picks they can get.

34 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Maybe they didn’t want to go be him up for a 5th...

Agreed. I'm sure no team was offering anything better than a 5th. 

He's worth more to the team than that. Im sure they were asking at least a 3rd for him or no deal.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

And we’ll play against that elite talent we pass on for the rest of our time in Buffalo like Watson and Mahomes. 

Drafting a QB high again would be a waste of time. The Bills have committed to Josh Allen, now they have to get players to build up the offense, and they need more depth on defense.

Trading down would be a wise move.

Respected vet that carries juice in the locker room too must have gone into the decision as well, I expect McD will lean a lot on McCoy over the rest of the season.

I don't agree with the decision but that seems to be par for the course with this duo for me.

Just now, Mark Vader said:

Drafting a QB high again would be a waste of time. The Bills have committed to Josh Allen, now they have to get players to build up the offense, and they need more depth on defense.

Trading down would be a wise move.

If the Bills knew 4 games sooner than Manuel wasn’t the answer they could have had another QB in here. 

Instead we wasted resources skipping on Mack and having to waste time with Orton. 

55 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

My guess is Shady wants to stay. If he wanted out Im sure they would oblige.

Sounds like it. 

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

He still has juice.....just a OL that doesnt create holes or get blocks at the 2nd level

Just for the love of god dont release him in the offseason if we are not going to trade him........get the OL fixed as soon as possible.

Agreed 

2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

If the Bills knew 4 games sooner than Manuel wasn’t the answer they could have had another QB in here. 

Instead we wasted resources skipping on Mack and having to waste time with Orton. 

That's hindsight for ya.

Not everything works out as planned. That's just how it is.

3 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

That's hindsight for ya.

Not everything works out as planned. That's just how it is.

And that’s Buffalo for you. As long as you can explain why something happened it’s okay and excused.

The Coach we have right now tells you every chance he gets that he has to look at the tape  and correct mistakes as the means to get better. 

We should have moved on. Watch the league and there are so many dynamic playmakers at the rb position. Shady is just a guy right now. Sure he will still make some unbelievable jukes but more often than not he is doing too much dancing and putting the offense in 2nd and 3rd and longs. 

The Bills couldn't trade the best offensive weapon and a team captain and expect to keep the locker room. Beane and McDermott are already on thin ice simply because Peterman is still on the roster. You think we are sick of watching this putrid offense. The defensive players are as well. If Peterman has to start because either Allen isn't ready or Anderson isn't ready and he has a poor game. This locker room could blow up the likes the league has never seen. Sean and Brandon need to hope they get some luck, or else it won't just be a lost season at OBD. 

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

He still has juice.....just a OL that doesnt create holes or get blocks at the 2nd level

Just for the love of god dont release him in the offseason if we are not going to trade him........get the OL fixed as soon as possible.

...pretty sure it was Marv who said, "if you go by the fans, you'll be sitting with them".....or something like that.....despite it being a slow year for him to date, he is probably the only identifiable offensive player, perhaps emotionally and sentimentally based, because Ivory, Murphy (healed soon?) and Jones (ditto on healing soon) have IMO demonstrated production....

51 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

And that’s Buffalo for you. As long as you can explain why something happened it’s okay and excused.

The Coach we have right now tells you every chance he gets that he has to look at the tape  and correct mistakes as the means to get better. 

Yeah, I get the frustration, it sucks.

Having said that, I am not abandoning our coach after 2 seasons or our rookie quarterback after one season.

$85-90 million in cap space next off season and 10 draft picks. There is a lot that they can do with that.