Maybe the truth is the bills just dont want to give up Shady

Absolutely . Hes important and  safety valve for a young developing QB. Trading him for a mid to late round pick doesn't help Allen and that's what this rebuild should be about.  Building and surrounding Allen with talent

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

He still has juice.....just a OL that doesnt create holes or get blocks at the 2nd level

Just for the love of god dont release him in the offseason if we are not going to trade him........get the OL fixed as soon as possible.

I mean..... if they get some issues fixed up front he and ivory could be formidable next year. and them splitting touches this year only keeps them more ready for that.

I know we could use another pass rusher....I know we need WR help

But more and more I am leaning towards taking the best LT......either in the first or second round......move Dawkins to LG.....start the rook at LT......find a free agent OG and OC....spend money there

Just keep our RB's.....improve what is in front of them

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

He still has juice.....just a OL that doesnt create holes or get blocks at the 2nd level

Just for the love of god dont release him in the offseason if we are not going to trade him........get the OL fixed as soon as possible.

We heard this weeks ago, so it is no surprise that he's still a Buffalo Bill. 

20 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

McCoy needs to be moved permanently to the slot for the rest of his Bills career. 

Run Murphy and Ivory. 

19 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The truth is that they waited a year too long to get rid of him.  I'm fine with it as I've always been a Shady fan.  But Beane should have moved him last season if he wanted to get a 3rd round pick for him.

• Like (+1) 1

I think keeping Shady for next year will be a good move, there is already so many holes on the offense that needs to be fixed that adding a starting RB to the long list would be a lot to get done in one offseason. 

This offseason hopefully they fix the OL and get some WRs who can contribute on a consistent basis should help Shady have another productive year and also being the safety blanket for Allen.

I don't see them trying to draft a RB until 2020. 

17 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

But more and more I am leaning towards taking the best LT......either in the first or second round......move Dawkins to LG.....start the rook at LT......find a free agent OG and OC....spend money there

I hear that.  Can' t fix it all but you can never go wrong building a dominant OLine.  Also, could still find WR or TE with picks 2 and 3 and free agency.

31 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

i like this plan (but i am not crazy about the OT in the first round, i want someone to catch the damn ball and run like hell with it). throw some cash at the line and get a few savvy vets in there that can steady the ship, add some young talent that can be mentored by the vets, and use the top of the draft for an influx of young, talented, offensive skill position players to catch balls from our young qb.

Edited by swnybillsfan