IF THE BILLS WERE TO EVER LEAVE BUFFALO

Irv

Personally, I've grown to enjoy the CFL in recent years, whenever I could catch a game on one of the ESPN channels. I could see myself rooting for the Hamilton Ti-Cats or Edmonton Eskimos.  Unfortunately, the coverage is spotty here in Virginia. Still hoping to catch the Grey Cup.

I still think about how much money the Pegula's could be making if they move the team. If they moved to a bigger market you are talking Billions of dollars that are being lost staying in Buffalo. I hope they never move but without a new stadium they will always be high on the list of teams that are likely to move.

3 hours ago, Irv said:

If the Bills were to ever leave Buffalo and become say, the St Louis Bills.  Would you still be a Bills fan or would you pick another team and who would that be?  I'm not entirely sure but I think I would become a Steelers fan or maybe just stop watching NFL completely.

NO and probably would never watch a NFL game again

1 hour ago, suorangefan4 said:

Can someone make me mod for 5 minutes so I can lock this stupid thread up?

These are always popping up during the off season, it's hardly an original idea. But when they show up at the midway point of the regular season, you know your team sucks.

It's stupid but you just have to let it die its usual death.

3 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

The Saint Louis (or wherever) Bills wouldn't make sense, so hopefully they'd get a brand new identity. Names, colors, etc, like the Ravens did. I'd then hate the franchise with a passion. Would probably come around to the Texans since they're local, but would only watch occassionally, and would never come around to loving them like I do the Bills. 

If that happened, the CFL could probably expand, use the Ralph. Buy whatever licencing fees they need to call the team the Bills. Get the logo, colors, jerseys back, and I guarantee there'd be some success there, simply because we'd need to fill the void left somehow. They'd never be as big as the AFL/NFL Bills were, but it'd certainly fill the void. Same way The Bandits picked up a cult following starting with the NHL lockout back in the mid 2000s. 

You’re on to something. But I’m wondering if the current day Bills could just join the cfl. I think they could put the talent out there to at least contend in a few yrs. 

• Haha (+1) 1

If the Bills leave Buffalo hopefully they take Peterman with them. Other then that I’d be ok. I’d be a fantasy fan and follow players/teams I like. My 2nd favorite thing about the NFL is the Patriots losing, that would become first. 

Watching the Bills after Allen went down is emotionless. I was pleasantly surprised they played hard last night but at no point in time did I think they could win. When they inevitably blew it I felt nothing. Best part of the night was watching Anderson yell and B word after every incompletion. I feel like he is going to retire but I hope he comes back and gets pissed again. 

Edited by Commonsense
  • Like (+1) 1

I don't get the "I would never watch the NFL again" people. If you are so ambivalent towards football in the first place then why watch even now? I would still watch. I doubt I would have the same fandom as I do for the Bills, but there are already several teams I have soft spots for because of players or coaches I like so I imagine I'd watch their games more and then probably adopt whichever team ends up as the London team eventually. It isn't happening though. I feel like the Pegula family are in for the long haul. 

• Like (+1) 1