IF THE BILLS WERE TO EVER LEAVE BUFFALO

Irv

Funny, we used to have this thread all the time back in the day, and just realizing we havent had it since the Pegulas bought the team.

Same answer as always: If the Bills left Buffalo, Id be done with the NFL completely. I dont watch any other games as it is. I'd be 100% college football.

Sadly, this is not that that different from where I am right now with this season.

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Funny, we used to have this thread all the time back in the day, and just realizing we havent had it since the Pegulas bought the team.

Same answer as always: If the Bills left Buffalo, Id be done with the NFL completely. I dont watch any other games as it is. I'd be 100% college football.

Sadly, this is not that that different from where I am right now with this season.

Same. I've already gotten to a point where other than the Bills, I really don't watch the NFL as much as I used to. It used to be I'd watch my Houston Cougars play, but that was it, and spend my whole Sunday watching The Bills, then whatever other games were on. Now it's the opposite.

Not even sure why, to be honest. I'm not mad about the anthem stuff, some of the new rules are questionable, but not to the point of hating the game. Maybe it's just living in The South now.

Just now, Marv's Neighbor said:

IF St Louis needs a team, and they've already lost a franchise 2x, I'd see the Chargers go there before anybody else.  LA cannot support two NFL teams.

If the Chargers are going anywhere, it's right back to SD.

1 minute ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Same. I've already gotten to a point where other than the Bills, I really don't watch the NFL as much as I used to. It used to be I'd watch my Houston Cougars play, but that was it, and spend my whole Sunday watching The Bills, then whatever other games were on. Now it's the opposite.

Not even sure why, to be honest. I'm not mad about the anthem stuff, some of the new rules are questionable, but not to the point of hating the game. Maybe it's just living in The South now.

If the Chargers are going anywhere, it's right back to SD.

Not aware of San Diego building a stadium.  Where would they play?

Just now, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Ha! The south will definitely turn anyone into a college fan.

For me, its that I dont have a college team that I live and die with. I can just sit back and enjoy the games for what they are, for the simple love of the sport and not a team. Maybe kinda route for one team, but if the other team starts making awesome plays, I can enjoy that too and start routing for them.

Also, the purity of the players not being paid (officially) and seeming like they are playing more for the love of the game.

Also, the fact that there are such different schemes in college. In the NFL, everyone does the same thing. It's the same offense no matter where you go, just different terminology. Whereas in college, you get all sorts of fun and interesting offenses and defenses. Heck, Georgia Tech still runs the Triple Option!

Also, the fact that in college football, no matter the score, there is always "a lot of game left". Anything can happen, and usually does. A team can be up 30 points in the second half, and their star CB goes down and a true freshman comes in, and the other team is right back in it.

All of that factors into making college football much more entertaining for me. Maybe if I wasnt from Buffalo and didnt have a team the NFL would be similar. But its almost like the very nature of being a Bills fan, from Buffalo, changes what it all means. I know that is stupid, but that's how we're raised.

Giants stole my heart kicking Patriots ass in my formative years

1 minute ago, May Day 10 said:

I would not follow the team to new city.

I would probably go all in for UB and get into tailgating for 100% of those games

NFL I would adopt the Browns, but never really be emotionally invested.

Would NOT follow to another city, screw em. Although I'm sure many would be okay with Toronto (yuck). I'd be torn between Giants and Browns.. and I'd still love the NFL but feel like a jackass fan joining a new fanbase.

52 minutes ago, Irv said:

If the Bills were to ever leave Buffalo and become say, the St Louis Bills.  Would you still be a Bills fan or would you pick another team and who would that be?  I'm not entirely sure but I think I would become a Steelers fan or maybe just stop watching NFL completely.

#UBHornsUp

28 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

the Bills are never leaving

The only reason the Bills are viable in a small market is revenue from the TV contract.

If the TV contract collapses and the Bills need revenue from their own suite and ticket sales--they'd be out of here in a minute. 

Pegs may not be looking for a huge profit, but I'm pretty certain he and she want to be in the black at least.

101916-nflratings-social.jpeg

Edited by boater

1 minute ago, boater said:

The only reason the Bills are viable in a small market is revenue from the TV contract.

If the TV contract collapses and the Bills need revenue from their own suite and ticket sales--they'd be out of here in a minute. 

Pegs may not be looking for a huge profit, but I'm pretty certain he and she want to be in the black at least.

There are a lot of teams that you could say the same about 

there are a bunch of teams that would leave before Buffalo and I’m not saying that out of pride 

Buffalo may be a small market, but it’s a small market the NFL wants

45 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

*insert Notre Dame fight song here*

Sundays would open up for me. 

I was in their stadium once ...mid fall against Pitt.What a beautiful campus...The church bells ringing while the multi colored leafs were falling off the trees was an amazing experience.Most of the fans went into small cathedrals for prayers after the game which was unique.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Misterbluesky said:

I was in their stadium once ...mid fall against Pitt.What a beautiful campus...The church bells ringing while the multi colored leafs were falling off the trees was an amazing experience.Most of the fans went into small cathedrals for prayers after the game which was unique.

The goal is to see a game there someday.   Probably the same year I go to a home game in Buffalo.   

It's on the list.   

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Buffalo may be a small market, but it’s a small market the NFL wants

I don't think the NFL wants small markets. The Bills are still in Buffalo because a Bills fan was rich enough to buy the team.

1 hour ago, Irv said:

If the Bills were to ever leave Buffalo and become say, the St Louis Bills.  Would you still be a Bills fan or would you pick another team and who would that be?  I'm not entirely sure but I think I would become a Steelers fan or maybe just stop watching NFL completely.

The one good thing you can say about the Bills is they are not leaving.

The NFL doesn’t care about any new or decking domestic markets.  The revenue is mostly from TV.  Non NFL markets already watch a lot of NFL football.  

The NFL can only expect to grow the revenue by adding international markets.

if the Bills or Chargers or Jags move, it won’t be to St Louis or San Antonio.  The days of growing through domestic markets is done.  London, Toronto, Mexico City.  Possibly two London teams. 

If the Bills leave it will be an international destination.  

Keep in in mind that the owners would rather enter international markets with existing franchises as opposed to expansion because you share the added revenues with the same number of teams and not having to split those up with more new owners.  

Losing 25% of the Buffalo TV market is a non factor when you can gain the entire Canadian market by relocating To Toronto 

15 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

I don't think the NFL wants small markets. The Bills are still in Buffalo because a Bills fan was rich enough to buy the team.

Buffalo being a AFL original is untouchable at this point. If Pegula didn’t pony up, some other rich Buffalonian or transplant would have

everybody who is scared is losing sleep... i was worried when I was 10 and their were “TALKS” 

The Wilson’s trust were only selling to somebody who committed to Buffalo 

7 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

The NFL doesn’t care about any new or decking domestic markets.  The revenue is mostly from TV.  Non NFL markets already watch a lot of NFL football.  

The NFL can only expect to grow the revenue by adding international markets.

if the Bills or Chargers or Jags move, it won’t be to St Louis or San Antonio.  The days of growing through domestic markets is done.  London, Toronto, Mexico City.  Possibly two London teams. 

If the Bills leave it will be an international destination.  

Keep in in mind that the owners would rather enter international markets with existing franchises as opposed to expansion because you share the added revenues with the same number of teams and not having to split those up with more new owners.  

Losing 25% of the Buffalo TV market is a non factor when you can gain the entire Canadian market by relocating To Toronto 

They would lose 99% of the Buffalo market... and it is the best NFL market in America ratings wise almost yearly

Edited by Buffalo716