Pegulas mentioned by name in Eric Reid story

Big Turk

2 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

You are a big Democrat, huh?

When does your benefit check arrive?

Now be nice...they call them their paychecks.  

49 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

I don’t believe it will. Unless people take the position that anyone who has a different opinion than them is displaying bias. 

Hahaha, people here never do that.

5 hours ago, The_Dude said:

Eric Reid is a spoiled piece of ***** who thinks he’s entitled to take his politics into the workplace. Do you know what would happen to regular employees if they started getting political at work and it caused their employers headaches? Eric Reid’s stance is that he should be entitled to a roster spot and have the freedom to act however he wants. Who amongst us has that privilege? But I’m sure Eric Reid would discount everything I’m saying because I’m white and out of the two of us he’d probably suggest I’m the privileged one because of my skin color....

im so sick of these spoiled brats. 

I got a raise and a promotion after telling a few of our larger customers that we won't do business with them after they complained to me about the kneeling

Some people care more about people than they do money. 

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I got a raise and a promotion after telling a few of our larger customers that we won't do business with them after they complained to me about the kneeling

giphy.webp

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

giphy.webp

Lmao i just watched that. But i think you should meet the owner before doubting it they throw rolls of paper towels at trump supporters and are constantly getting suspended on Facebook for attacking Republicans.  

Edit: to be a little clearer I didn't get the promotion for declining their business. I was promoted a short time later for other reasons.  

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

5 hours ago, Fred Clause said:

Not my fault you have zero reading comprehension skills. Let me put it in simple terms for you. Complaining that idiots have been killed by police officers because when they were told to stop reaching for their firearm they didn’t and ended up shot dead is no reason to start this ridiculous cause of kneeling during the anthem. If you don’t understand that, you are a complete moron...

Bull crap if it isn't a good reason ..... Its fine until your drunk sibling is laying on the ground lifeless 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I got a raise and a promotion after telling a few of our larger customers that we won't do business with them after they complained to me about the kneeling

What is it you do?

14 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

The only argument to be made is when someone puts up 1.4 Billion he should have his voice heard when the actions of his employees start to lose him money.

Pegula’s losing money?

11 hours ago, Fred Clause said:

What makes him an idiot is fighting for a cause that is garbage, complaining that a few idiots who couldn’t follow simple instructions of LEO’S and died because of it is ridiculous. A simple review of arrest statistics shows the number of blacks killed by Law Enforcement where they weren’t reason for the action shows the number is irrelevant. 

11 hours ago, fridge said:

What in the hell are you trying to say here.  I read it three times and I felt dumber each time.

10 hours ago, Fred Clause said:

Not my fault you have zero reading comprehension skills. Let me put it in simple terms for you. Complaining that idiots have been killed by police officers because when they were told to stop reaching for their firearm they didn’t and ended up shot dead is no reason to start this ridiculous cause of kneeling during the anthem. If you don’t understand that, you are a complete moron...

No his reading comprehension is just fine. Your writing and point is horrendous. You said that a simple review of arrest statistics where the number of blacks killed by law enforcement where they weren't reason for the action is shows the number is irrelevant.

So what you're saying, with no proof of statistics. Btw Great way to really make a point, refer to statistics, say you've reviewed them, but never actually cite them. 

Your whole argument is why they protest. You said the number of black people killed wrongly by law enforcement is so miniscule that it doesn't even matter. Essentially, I'm sorry we shot your relative, but accidents happen. 

It is about the most simple view you could take of the protests. It goes so far beyond that for a lot of the players. It's not just, hey don't shoot us. It's about drug laws, inner city schools. I don't agree with all of it, but you hear players say systemic oppression. It's not just about the innocent lives deemed worthless taken by you because they are so few and far between, it's about putting people in a better position to succeed.

Again, I don't agree with all of it, but that's the point they'd make. Your view of it is just so narrow minded. I'm not saying they are right, but you don't even try to get it.

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Let me tell tou an even bigger lie....

I believe you.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, H2o said:

Eric Reid is currently a football player. That is what he is likely best at and it is also what he is getting paid by an owner of a team to do. Every place of employment I have ever been has had rules that you had to adhere to. When the boss told you something then that is what you have to do, like it or not. Being employed by any company is not your right, it is a privilege. Whether you take that for granted or not is up to you. Your employer doesn't owe you anything outside of the paycheck you signed on for when you work x amount of hours. If you do something that costs them money then you more than likely will lose that job. We had an engineer who thought it was his right to close a certain valve at the plant. That engineer shut down a whole process and ended up costing the company about 1.75 million $$$ in lost product and repair costs. You know where he was a month later? Looking for another job. Eric Reid comes off to me as angry and entitled. Guess what? No one has to give him a contract. He can kick rocks, cry foul, put use to his degree, or become an activist on his own. Is it his right to protest? ABSOLUTELY. That has never been questioned by me, that these guys all have a right to protest. I don't have a problem with what they are protesting for. My issue is the crying you're not getting an NFL contract because of it. If any of us prove to be detrimental to our previous employer do you believe you will get a job because of that, especially if that outweighs what you bring to the table? I think not. Seems like common sense to me. Basically what I am saying is there is a time and place for everything. You want to protest or be an activist then do it on your own time. If you are getting paid to play football then be about football during that time. Simple. 

Well, the CBA and such grant players much more in the workplace than you and I normally get.... 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, H2o said:

Eric Reid is currently a football player. That is what he is likely best at and it is also what he is getting paid by an owner of a team to do. Every place of employment I have ever been has had rules that you had to adhere to. When the boss told you something then that is what you have to do, like it or not. Being employed by any company is not your right, it is a privilege. Whether you take that for granted or not is up to you. Your employer doesn't owe you anything outside of the paycheck you signed on for when you work x amount of hours. If you do something that costs them money then you more than likely will lose that job. We had an engineer who thought it was his right to close a certain valve at the plant. That engineer shut down a whole process and ended up costing the company about 1.75 million $$$ in lost product and repair costs. You know where he was a month later? Looking for another job. Eric Reid comes off to me as angry and entitled. Guess what? No one has to give him a contract. He can kick rocks, cry foul, put use to his degree, or become an activist on his own. Is it his right to protest? ABSOLUTELY. That has never been questioned by me, that these guys all have a right to protest. I don't have a problem with what they are protesting for. My issue is the crying you're not getting an NFL contract because of it. If any of us prove to be detrimental to our previous employer do you believe you will get a job because of that, especially if that outweighs what you bring to the table? I think not. Seems like common sense to me. Basically what I am saying is there is a time and place for everything. You want to protest or be an activist then do it on your own time. If you are getting paid to play football then be about football during that time. Simple. 

Agree with most of what you say.  I believe individuals have the right to engage in social or political causes but your constitutional rights to protest or express those views do not generally translate to the workplace.  For example, I cannot walk into the break room at work and make a speech to fellow employees present about one issue or another on one side or the other.  I would be disciplined or fired, for cause.  NFL stadiums are places of work for professional football players.  There are workplace rules and code of conduct rules in place.  Just like at all our jobs.  If players want to protest, join specific causes, or make social statements on their own time in a public place or a private place that supports those beliefs then there's nothing wrong with that.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Agree with most of what you say.  I believe individuals have the right to engage in social or political causes but your constitutional rights to protest or express those views do not generally translate to the workplace.  For example, I cannot walk into the break room at work and make a speech to fellow employees present about one issue or another on one side or the other.  I would be disciplined or fired, for cause.  NFL stadiums are places of work for professional football players.  There are workplace rules and code of conduct rules in place.  Just like at all our jobs.  If players want to protest, join specific causes, or make social statements on their own time in a public place or a private place that supports those beliefs then there's nothing wrong with that.  

So eh... your job isn't an NFL athlete. I understand the company you work for may have rules against it. The NFL, they don't. So you're comparing apples to oranges.

I feel like the people who make this point are people who just disagree with some players and want an easy way to silence them

Edited by Ol Dirty B

18 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

This should come as a surprise to no one. Football is a business, any owner of a business wouldn't keep an employee who negatively affects the bottom line. 

It's a simple concept, really. I can't believe how many people can't understand this. If I owned a business, and an employee is costing me money/business, sorry bud, you're gone.

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

Well, the CBA and such grant players much more in the workplace than you and I normally get.... 

Ok, so every NFL owner has the freedom to not offer you a contract. You still aren't owed anything.