Golden Tate traded to Eagles for a 3rd

YoloinOhio

35 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think they like Golladay... and Tate is an upcoming FA 

I understand that, but the NFC North is wide open, if the Lions wanted a shot at it, shouldn't they do it with all the players they have?

6 minutes ago, 416BillsFan said:

Ugh, our 3rd rounder was so much tastier. Hard to think of a better receiver available at that price to help out Allen, especially with the amount of cap space we'd have next year to extend him.

The 2-5 Bills could not give up their 3rd this year for a guy who is going to be a FA unless he was willing to agree to an extension now. They will hang on to their 3rd,  and try to throw a bunch of money at him in FA and have both.

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

I understand that, but the NFC North is wide open, if the Lions wanted a shot at it, shouldn't they do it with all the players they have?

Guessing they knew they weren’t paying him so a 3rd was a good return for 1/2 season 

8 minutes ago, 416BillsFan said:

Ugh, our 3rd rounder was so much tastier. Hard to think of a better receiver available at that price to help out Allen, especially with the amount of cap space we'd have next year to extend him.

FA at the end of the year.. so we won't part with any draft picks to sign him then.

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The 2-5 Bills could not give up their 3rd this year for a guy who is going to be a FA unless he was willing to agree to an extension now. They will hang on to their 3rd,  and try to throw a bunch of money at him in FA and have both.

Guessing they knew they weren’t paying him so a 3rd was a good return for 1/2 season 

4 minutes ago, Jobot said:

FA at the end of the year.. so we won't part with any draft picks to sign him then.

Yeah you guys are likely right. My thinking was he could come in this year and help out Allen and the Bills could extend without competing with other teams. Though your logic trumps my "things I'd like to happen."

2 minutes ago, 416BillsFan said:

Yeah you guys are likely right. My thinking was he could come in this year and help out Allen and the Bills could extend without competing with other teams. Though your logic trumps my "things I'd like to happen."

They would definitely be competing with other teams either way. The only way it would make sense is if an extension was agreed to prior to making the trade. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

16 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

How often are they going to have four wide receivers on the field at the same time? They also have Ertz and several backs that they like to split out.

"They have too many good receiving options" is not a debate I'm going to entertain.

1 hour ago, White Linen said:

This is the WR I hope the Bills target in free agency.  I hope they don't lock him up to an extension.

If I were a WR free agent, I would not sign with the Bills given the uncertainty of their QB situation. They will probably have to upgrade through the draft.