Sammy Watkins Admits to an "Ego Problem" When He First Came into the League

52 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

It is hard to criticize the Rams right now, obviously, but that Sammy trade was bad.  I thought they had to have a plan in place to extend him after trading a 2nd for him. 

They had the highest scoring offense in the nfl with Sammy.

23 minutes ago, teef said:

they really did seem to mishandle that, (although it didn't hurt them).  why give up a second, and later a first to replace a wr? especially over 2 mill.

Sammy signed the second free agency started.  

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

They had the highest scoring offense in the nfl with Sammy.

Yes, they averaged 29.9 last year with Sammy.  Then, after letting him walk, they are averaging 33.2 this year.  Addition by subtraction?  Stats are fun!

1 hour ago, SWATeam said:

It is hard to criticize the Rams right now, obviously, but that Sammy trade was bad.  I thought they had to have a plan in place to extend him after trading a 2nd for him. 

It only seems bad to people who overvalue draft picks (as I think many do). He helped get them up off the doormat last season, and while didn't have a ton of catches, he had a lot of TDs and a high ypc. That's important for an offense.

11 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

It only seems bad to people who overvalue draft picks (as I think many do). He helped get them up off the doormat last season, and while didn't have a ton of catches, he had a lot of TDs and a high ypc. That's important for an offense.

We'll see how it works out, the Rams clearly don't overvalue draft picks.  I understand going all-in while having a cheap QB, but they better win in all in the next couple years or they are going to be in some trouble, IMO.

31 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Sammy signed the second free agency started.  

that's nice.  i'm just not sure why they gave him away after investing a second in him, only to give up a first to then replace him.  i think i'd rather keep the first and give up the extra 2 mill a year. 

24 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Yes, they averaged 29.9 last year with Sammy.  Then, after letting him walk, they are averaging 33.2 this year.  Addition by subtraction?  Stats are fun!

And Sammy is on a team that averages more points than that!  But clearly, you and the Bills have this whole offense thing down pat.  Our team is super fun to watch.  I love our wrs.  Sammy clearly won’t be an upgrade.

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

i'm not even being critical of sammy here, but i don't think some people realize the points they're making when quoting sammy's stats.  

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

And Sammy is on a team that averages more points than that!  But clearly, you and the Bills have this whole offense thing down pat.  Our team is super fun to watch.  I love our wrs.  Sammy clearly won’t be an upgrade.

It's easy to fall back on- "The Bills suck so everything they do is wrong."  Lazy, but easy.

You're right, I'm creaming my pants right now thinking about watching the aerial assault of Peterman to Sammy.  What might have been...

2 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

It's easy to fall back on- "The Bills suck so everything they do is wrong."  Lazy, but easy.

You're right, I'm creaming my pants right now thinking about watching the aerial assault of Peterman to Sammy.  What might have been...

this is what far too many decide to go back to when the sammy argument comes up.  the bills completely mishandled the wr position after sammy left, but that still doesn't mean getting a pick for a guy that was going to leave for 16 mill a year was a bad idea.  how they followed up was bad.

sammy is a guy that will help your team, but he isn't the game changer too many are trying to make him out to be.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

If one of the best offensive minds in the game thinks Sammy was worth it,

I'll go with his opinion.

what?  what are you arguing here?  just because he paid 16 mill a year doesn't mean he's elite.  he's not.  i'm still trying to figure out why the rams parted ways with him...and i don't think it's over 2 mill more a year.

Just now, ScottLaw said:

The argument seems to be he's not worth $16 million a year.... almost like it's coming out of the Bills fans own pockets. It's not your money, the Bills have the cap, and one of the best offensive minds in football thought they needed to pay him 16 million a year. 

I'll take Reid's opinion over anyone's here and certainly McBeanes.

what?  so you would have pain anything sammy wanted?  if another team matched the bills offer, would sammy have stayed or moved on?  i know you'll say the bills could have taken the 5th year option, but what after that?  you really don't have an argument.  his production isn't worth what he's paid.  so andy reid over paid for sammy...so what? 

again, explain to me why the rams traded for him for a second, only to let him go, and use a first to replace him?  oh let me guess...reid wanted him so it doesn't need explaining.

if you can come up with an answer...great.  otherwise this is just scott talk.

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The argument seems to be he's not worth $16 million a year.... almost like it's coming out of the Bills fans own pockets. It's not your money, the Bills have the cap, and one of the best offensive minds in football thought they needed to pay him 16 million a year. 

I'll take Reid's opinion over anyone's here and certainly McBeanes.

It’s not worth it.  They will never get that good offensive cos he’s know that having multiple threats on offense open up the entire offense.  The Bills have constructed one of the worst offense in the history of the nfl in a league that begs you to score points.  Almost every offensive decision they have made has been terrible.

but I’m looking forward to fans nitpicking Sammy in the playoffs again.  I’m sure he is terribly upset to be gone. Just like Gilmore. Just like Darby. Just like Woods, Just like Hogan.  Thank you for rebuilding this disaster of a team McBean!!!

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

What's so hard for you to comprehend? Pick up his option and pay him the going rate for a receiver of his status. 

I have no idea and neither do you on why the Rams didn't get him resigned. What's your point though? Because the Rams didn't resign him means they didn't want to pay him? 

ok.  pick up his option, and then what next year?  you just think the bills should have paid him whatever?  that seems to be the only point you have to make.  pay him anything he wants for average production!  right?!  and i know your response to this...what about the bills wrs now?  i get that the bills screwed that position up, but that still, in no way means they should have paid sammy whatever they wanted.   he's not worth 16 mill a year...at all.  

2 hours ago, SWATeam said:

We'll see how it works out, the Rams clearly don't overvalue draft picks.  I understand going all-in while having a cheap QB, but they better win in all in the next couple years or they are going to be in some trouble, IMO.

Well, if they don't win it all, going 14-2 is a pretty nice consolation. Even if they don't win it all, though, they put themselves *in position* to win it all. They are currently as good as any team in the league. They may lose to a good team like NO, but it's not because they're worse. If they play each other 4 times, my guess is that they go 2-2.

• Like (+1) 1

Why hasn't Julio, Antonio, Deandre, OBJ, Larry Fitz & other great receivers all bolted as soon as their contracts are up or 5th season?  Because their teams value them (yes some arguing and in-fighting maybe), but all are thrown the ball and paid.......

The stupidity of these arguments are ridiculous.

• Like (+1) 1