Is our defense actually good?

uticaclub

Defense is at least Top 5 in the NFL right now. 

Offense is easily the worst in the NFL right now.

Special Teams is pretty bad, outside of our Field Goal Kicker.

Overall, I think our record accurately reflects where the team is at. 

Considering the team overall, I think we are in the bottom quarter of the league.... roughly the same tier as the Jets, Browns, Colts, Raiders, Giants, Cardinals and 49ers (without Garoppolo).

I don't necessarily think we are the worst team in the NFL, but it's hard to win ANY games if you can't score points. 

The fact that we have zero, and I mean ZERO, offense probably does impact opposing team's offensive strategy.

But sure our D is good!  

With a very middling, average offense we could have beaten the Pats last night.

As it is, we are historically bad.

8 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

No your not. You have an offense that struggles to get 10 points. If anything Bills took a huge step back. McDermott is trying to play 90's ball. It doesnt work.

Are too.  Ton of cap space this offseason and a ton of picks.

And your QB is ancient.  And he looked it yesterday.  And you only have Hoyer behind him.

It’s getting close.

42 minutes ago, Success said:

Are too.  Ton of cap space this offseason and a ton of picks.

And your QB is ancient.  And he looked it yesterday.  And you only have Hoyer behind him.

It’s getting close.

Cap space doesnt mean anything. Money can be moved anyway you want. Picks are only good if the person picking knows what he is doing.

Your trusting a guy that went into the season knowing his offense is horrible, or worst he actually thought the offense was going to be decent. Either way doesnt look good for him

6 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

Cap space doesnt mean anything. Money can be moved anyway you want. Picks are only good if the person picking knows what he is doing.

Your trusting a guy that went into the season knowing his offense is horrible, or worst he actually thought the offense was going to be decent. Either way doesnt look good for him

You sound worried.

Probably won’t see you as much after the script flips.  It’s been fun.

1 minute ago, Success said:

You sound worried.

Probably won’t see you as much after the script flips.  It’s been fun.

Not worried at all. I dont think the Bills organization is run very well.

In fact I dont think mcd makes it to the 2020 draft.

Just now, Chris66 said:

Not worried at all. I dont think the Bills organization is run very well.

In fact I dont think mcd makes it to the 2020 draft.

I disagree.  I think they have the perfect plan to take over the division once the old man moves on.

And hey - I thought you “rooted” for the Bills?  Can’t be that you just come here to gloat all the time....could it?

Just now, Success said:

I disagree.  I think they have the perfect plan to take over the division once the old man moves on.

And hey - I thought you “rooted” for the Bills?  Can’t be that you just come here to gloat all the time....could it?

I like the Bills. Heck I probably follow the Bills more than the Pats, but the ineptitude of this franchise is amazing. How does one team get things so wrong so often.

1 minute ago, Chris66 said:

I like the Bills. Heck I probably follow the Bills more than the Pats, but the ineptitude of this franchise is amazing. How does one team get things so wrong so often.

Oh, please.  Such bull.

You hated the bills.  That’s why you’re here now.  

They aren't just good. They are great!

But only every second outing. The rest of the time they aren't so good.

So they have the wherewithal to play at a very high level but they need to be more consistent. But of course that's 

hard to do when they get no help from the offence. They would be that much better if the O was actually capable of at least holding its own (which it can't). More first downs and time of possession would be great, but apparently we can't have any of that.

McDermott and Frazier know what they are doing on that side of the ball both with respect to scheme/adjustments and evaluating talent as evidenced in the draft. 

You can't win with 1\2 of a football team but the guys deserve a lot of credit for their effort on D, especially given their weekly gut busting suicide missions.