Trade Deadline Updates - Official Thread

wppete

37 minutes ago, Pete said:

I guess beane thinks the offense is all set and he didn’t need additional reinforcements or draft picks.  I am beginning to sour on beane.  We gave up Cordy Glenn, picks 12, 53, and 55 for josh.  Like I stated over and over- keep the picks, build the lines, draft skill positions, and don’t give up all those picks for 1 player.  We would have 3 new starters with those picks. Don’t make the move for a qbunless we are close and certain they are the qb.  ***** giving up all those picks!

josh Gordon and a 7th for a 5th.  Demaryous for a 4th.  Good ***** luck finding Demaryous in the 4th

If they would have done this then Lamar Jackson would be pur QB right now more than likely. 

35 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Remember when Beane got pick 65 for Tyrod and everyone thought he was the best thing ever?

A lot can happen here in six months... 

Still think it was a great move.  Problem here is everyone said they were ready to deal with the ups and downs of drafting a rookie qb, but in the back of their mind expected the rookie to be Tom Brady.  

• Like (+1) 2

I could be way off... but I don’t think the Bills wanted to acquire any talent this year.. talent might mean we win games. I truly think Beane hopes we lose games and end up with a better pick in the draft. 

I am still all in for Derek Carr (if we don’t have to give up a first)... but can’t get him now or else we may win a few games.. and then back to the middle of the drafting pack. 

Maybe my brain is just fried...

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Ian Rappaport just said on NFL Network that he knows the Bills did not make any trades today.

So no KB like surprise after the deadline.

...sounds like the opposing 31 GM's DO have some sanity after all....if the draft was 17 rounds as it was in 1971, they could offer something more palatable like perhaps a 14th round conditional....

• Haha (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, H2o said:

If they would have done this then Lamar Jackson would be pur QB right now more than likely. 

Instead we overpaid for a broken QB because we have no line and our WR's cannot get separation.  I banged the table build the line and draft skill players with those picks.  12, 53, 55 we could of drafted Billy Price and a competent WR.  Why give so much for the QB if there is such a dearth of talent on the offense?   Our offense is historically bad, and will only get worse with Peterman.  Archie Manning is one of the most skilled QBs of all time.  But he didn't do much in NFL because he played on a line that couldn't block and he had no WRs.  I don't care if you put Tom Brady or Aaron Rogers at QB for the Bills.  They would get pummeled and injured by week 6.  WTF is the point of drafting a QB and putting off fixing a horrendous online and fielding the worst bunch of WR's in the NFL?

And back to my point.  Our offense is one of the worst the past 20 years.  Stats show this.  League scoring is at an all time high, and we cannot score a TD.  We need all the picks we can get.  Shady is 31 and way overpaid.  Ivory is just as effective.  Why include Shady in the rebuild?  I would of rather traded him, and drafted his replacement.  Tate was given away.  Demaryous was given away.  Josh Gordon was given away.  Beane could of made some moves.  But instead we are going to roll with Peterman, Benjamin as our #1, Andre as our 2, Zay in the slot.......WTF is that?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

Instead we overpaid for a broken QB because we have no line and our WR's cannot get separation.  I banged the table build the line and draft skill players with those picks.  12, 53, 55 we could of drafted Billy Price and a competent WR.  Why give so much for the QB if there is such a dearth of talent on the offense?   Our offense is historically bad, and will only get worse with Peterman.  Archie Manning is one of the most skilled QBs of all time.  But he didn't do much in NFL because he played on a line that couldn't block and he had no WRs.  I don't care if you put Tom Brady or Aaron Rogers at QB for the Bills.  They would get pummeled and injured by week 6.  WTF is the point of drafting a QB and putting off fixing a horrendous online and fielding the worst bunch of WR's in the NFL?

And back to my point.  Our offense is one of the worst the past 20 years.  Stats show this.  League scoring is at an all time high, and we cannot score a TD.  We need all the picks we can get.  Shady is 31 and way overpaid.  Ivory is just as effective.  Why include Shady in the rebuild?  I would of rather traded him, and drafted his replacement.  Tate was given away.  Demaryous was given away.  Josh Gordon was given away.  Beane could of made some moves.  But instead we are going to roll with Peterman, Benjamin as our #1, Andre as our 2, Zay in the slot.......WTF is that?

Its called a rebiuld....they dont want older players they want younger ones

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Its called a rebiuld....they dont want older players they want younger ones

then WTF is Shady still doing here?  And last years Bills were shockingly one of the older teams in the league.  There are only 4 players on the roster prior to 2017.   And 40% of roster currently is 1st or 2nd years.  You need some veterans.  And when you invest so much in a QB, it is good to have a veteran WR he can learn nuances from

Just now, Pete said:

then WTF is Shady still doing here?  And last years Bills were shockingly one of the older teams in the league.  There are only 4 players on the roster prior to 2017.   And 40% of roster currently is 1st or 2nd years.  You need some veterans.  And when you invest so much in a QB, it is good to have a veteran WR he can learn nuances from

Like I have said all day....if they release Shady before next year none of this will make sense to me

BUT

Shady is a different kinda cat because he doesnt take the hits like guys like Ivory do....he avoids the big hits and he has more tread on the tires......he really is the best offensive player we have.....

Maybe they think that with improved OL play and WR's that can actually stretch the field he can regain his game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Like I have said all day....if they release Shady before next year none of this will make sense to me

BUT

Shady is a different kinda cat because he doesnt take the hits like guys like Ivory do....he avoids the big hits and he has more tread on the tires......he really is the best offensive player we have.....

Maybe they think that with improved OL play and WR's that can actually stretch the field he can regain his game.

Shady would be great on the Eagles or Colts.  He will suck in Buffalo.  Keeping Shady makes no sense to me.  Like you said, "it's called a rebuild.  they want to get younger"

31 is ancient for a RB in NFL.  I get what I can for him 

16 minutes ago, Pete said:

Pete, maybe...just maybe..  they drafted Allen 1 year earlier than they expected him to start for us, so they didn´t care about fixing the O-line this season. You can tell they really trusted last season´s 5 pick game for NP was a fluke and they trusted him enough to risk starting with him...

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Pete said:

Shady would be great on the Eagles or Colts.  He will suck in Buffalo.  Keeping Shady makes no sense to me.  Like you said, "it's called a rebuild.  they want to get younger"

31 is ancient for a RB in NFL.  I get what I can for him 

Why would Shady be great for the Eagles or Colts but not for us....he has had a VERY productive time with us.

Fix this OL and he is back in business

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaLoko said:

Pete, maybe...just maybe..  they drafted Allen 1 year earlier than they expected him to start for us, so they didn´t care about fixing the O-line this season. You can tell they really trusted last season´s 5 pick game for NP was a fluke and they trusted him enough to risk starting with him...

I do think the plan was Josh to sit and learn this year.  Then they go and trade McCarron.  Our line cannot block anyone.  Wait until next year when there is a flood of stud rookie Dline freaks to block.  It is not going to get better.  And if Beane cannot fix the offense this year, he is toast IMO.  I would like to see 8 new starters next year on offense.  Good luck with that Bills

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Why would Shady be great for the Eagles or Colts but not for us....he has had a VERY productive time with us.

Fix this OL and he is back in business

http://www.nfl.com/player/leseanmccoy/79607/gamelogs

3.4 yards per carry.  0 TDs.  Look out Todd Gurley