Sean McDermott is Out of Answers

1 hour ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Goff was considered a bust and wasted pick ,by many, 2 years ago. The Rams were a complete dumpster fire.

A lot can happen with a QB on his rookie contract and cap space .

No no no. Everyone expected the Rams to be the surprise team last year. They went 11-5 and Goff played well. It is not the same as here or even close. 

The year before they struggled and that was more expected with Goff starting the second half of the yea. Most did not call him a bust and expected him to be solid going into 2017.

In 2016 they were 4-12 and fired the coach mid year. McVay came in and did not purge the roster. He added key pieces and kept many of the prior regime players. It is ego driven mistakes like turning over an entire roster that set teams back. 

Edited by ngbills

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

What do you suggest they do right at this current moment?

Fire this loser coach and get someone else in here to get a shot and see what they can do. But they won’t do that. We’ll be stuck with them for another year and a half and back in this same spot then. 

38 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

They nstink right now.  No one is denying that.  No one is denying that they need to make sure they use their cap space and draft picks wisely or they will be in jeopardy of losing their jobs.

But here you are, trying to rewrite history to have your little hissy fit.  And it's tiring. 

Pretty solid ideas.

What’s tiring is watching this team and it’s idiotic fans make excuses and fail for those excuses 

27 minutes ago, Perry Turtle said:

Yeah, and they fired his defensive-minded head coach and replaced him with an innovative offensive coordinator.

The Rams Offense is basically a play action passing offense predicated on Gurley running well. It is not very innovative.

And, the NFC west is a bigger dumpster fire than the AFC east. They have 6 gimmee games right off the bat.

Edited by Buffalo Boy

10 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Most did not call him a bust and expected him to be solid going into 201

You clearly weren’t reading the threads on here two years ago.

I , and a few others, were soundly mocked for suggesting he needed some time before one could call him a bust.

Just now, Perry Turtle said:

Right,  basically the same scheme Fisher was running.?

It’s not the Chiefs and it isn’t innovative.

4 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I listened to the post-game show last night, and Sean McDermott is out of answers folks. When his team gets kicked in the teeth, he pulls out his Dick Jauron cue cards repeats the most bland answers and cliches. 

First question out of the gate: "your offense has 2 Touchdowns in the last 5 games, explain it" and McDermott leads with "the defense came out and played well at times"... "go back and find answers". 

On McCoy's ineffectiveness as a runner - "making sure we are giving LeSean opportunities, and I have to go back and look at the tape" - HEY SEAN, MAYBE STOP ALLOWING SWEEPS AND PITCHES TO THE EDGES

"Learn from our mistakes"

"We are developing a football team"

"Learn from the tape"

From your time in the NFL could you recall any offense you've been a part of that has struggled like this? .... "establish the line of scrimmage early, thought we did some of that early, they made adjustments, and we weren't able to sustain it really the rest of the game

Derek Anderson evaluation: "thought he made some good throws, and he had some throws he'd like back"

What is holding Derek Anderson's back: "being able to establish the run game ... stay in 3rd and manageable"

Why is first down such a problem? "Can't get it going"

And so I ask Bills fans, do McDermott's answers bother you? Because they aggravate me. You have Bills fans sitting out there all night to watch a 47 yard and 51 yard FG and they get: we have to study tape harder. They get we are building a culture as we "move this thing forward".  

I think McDermott really thinks that you can line up in 2018 with an extra Tight End and Fullback, and run over teams across a 16-game schedule. That you can line McCoy up and just use the run game to control the line of scrimmage and that still works in the NFL. That you can watch tape, correct mistakes, and learn to be good offensively. That stay in 3rd and manageable is an accomplishment. 

Halfway through the season, 11-13 as a Coach and I think McDermott is out of answers. If he was gifted Alvin Kamara today he wouldn't know how to use him. He'd slam him into the line 8 times and talk about physicality. 

It's very frustrating listening to him speak about the team and you definitely are not alone in this.

A Buffalo Bills message board is probably the only place on earth where you'll find a lot of people arguing with you about this.

For whatever reason, this forum attracts the kool aid types.

1 hour ago, kota said:

LOL at people who get mad a press conferences.  

But he didn't say what *I* wanted him to say, so I have to complain about it, or no-one will know that he didn't do what I thought that he should have done! ?

2 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

It's very frustrating listening to him speak about the team and you definitely are not alone in this.

A Buffalo Bills message board is probably the only place on earth where you'll find a lot of people arguing with you about this.

For whatever reason, this forum attracts the kool aid types.

LOL

5 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I listened to the post-game show last night, and Sean McDermott is out of answers folks. When his team gets kicked in the teeth, he pulls out his Dick Jauron cue cards repeats the most bland answers and cliches. 

First question out of the gate: "your offense has 2 Touchdowns in the last 5 games, explain it" and McDermott leads with "the defense came out and played well at times"... "go back and find answers". 

On McCoy's ineffectiveness as a runner - "making sure we are giving LeSean opportunities, and I have to go back and look at the tape" - HEY SEAN, MAYBE STOP ALLOWING SWEEPS AND PITCHES TO THE EDGES

"Learn from our mistakes"

"We are developing a football team"

"Learn from the tape"

From your time in the NFL could you recall any offense you've been a part of that has struggled like this? .... "establish the line of scrimmage early, thought we did some of that early, they made adjustments, and we weren't able to sustain it really the rest of the game

Derek Anderson evaluation: "thought he made some good throws, and he had some throws he'd like back"

What is holding Derek Anderson's back: "being able to establish the run game ... stay in 3rd and manageable"

Why is first down such a problem? "Can't get it going"

And so I ask Bills fans, do McDermott's answers bother you? Because they aggravate me. You have Bills fans sitting out there all night to watch a 47 yard and 51 yard FG and they get: we have to study tape harder. They get we are building a culture as we "move this thing forward".   

I think McDermott really thinks that you can line up in 2018 with an extra Tight End and Fullback, and run over teams across a 16-game schedule. That you can line McCoy up and just use the run game to control the line of scrimmage and that still works in the NFL. That you can watch tape, correct mistakes, and learn to be good offensively. That stay in 3rd and manageable is an accomplishment. 

Halfway through the season, 11-13 as a Coach and I think McDermott is out of answers. If he was gifted Alvin Kamara today he wouldn't know how to use him. He'd slam him into the line 8 times and talk about physicality. 

McDermott bothers me....not just his generic, clueless answers

5 hours ago, Skins Malone said:

I kind of feel like that's how he always answers.  I mean what can he really say?  The QB situation is beyond bad at this point in time...and the staff deserves blame for that.  I know things are bad but McDermott and Bean McDermott deserve more time.

You just said the staff deserves blame and then drop the lame ass: let them botch more things since they "deserve" it. Exactly why do they "deserve" more time? 

Side note. When I watch this guy speak, it seems his irritation level is based upon how they defense plays. He can get the doors blown off of him in a game, but if defense shows up, it's not a big deal to him. 

Edited by Elite Poster

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Do you honestly think he talks the same way with his team as he does at press conferences?

I think he truly believes that punting, field position, 3rd and manageable, running in snowy Buffalo are the keys to winning.

And I think that mentality will never allow you to beat the good teams in the league. 

3 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I think he truly believes that punting, field position, 3rd and manageable, running in snowy Buffalo are the keys to winning.

And I think that mentality will never allow you to beat the good teams in the league. 

:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

You are a f-ing rock star Dallas! 

I laughed so hard at this I cried.

This really needs its own thread.  If you won't make one, I will.

I am begging any Bills fan with some computer skills to do one of these for McDermott.

The material needed is out there in abundance.

Someone, PLEASE, make one of these!

I still don't know why everyone is getting so worked up over the season, any reasonable fan could see this season was a wash just 2-3 weeks in, hell probably even week 1 when we were forced to start Allen.

Sean can only say and do so much, sometimes fans are unreasonable in their expectations for a team and I feel it's true in this case.