Play of the game......Stanford's whiff

Not that they would have won the game....doubt that.  But on 3rd and long, pressure on Brady and he hits James White a few yards short of the first down, and Stanford whiffed on the tackle.  Hey, I think overall the kid did a solid job backing up Edmunds, but if he makes that tackle, they punt.  They don't get the touchdown a few plays later, and who knows?  We were down by 6 at the time.  

But our offense is historically pathetic. 

The defense had a great game overall.  On Edmunds concussion....when he made that hit, I told my kid, "Concussion.  He's out."  He stayed in for another play and looked groggy.  Helmet to helmet vicious hit.   

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, TC in St. Louis said:

Not that they would have won the game....doubt that.  But on 3rd and long, pressure on Brady and he hits James White a few yards short of the first down, and Stanford whiffed on the tackle.  Hey, I think overall the kid did a solid job backing up Edmunds, but if he makes that tackle, they punt.  They don't get the touchdown a few plays later, and who knows?  We were down by 6 at the time.  

But our offense is historically pathetic. 

The defense had a great game overall.  On Edmunds concussion....when he made that hit, I told my kid, "Concussion.  He's out."  He stayed in for another play and looked groggy.  Helmet to helmet vicious hit.   

Exactly why Exmunds plays every snap, normally

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, buffaloboyinATL said:

that one was a bummer and Tre' White having an absolute free shot on Brady when he didn't slide and missing him, was a bummer.

The fullback that hit Edmunds lowered his helmet and should have been flagged for it.

I jumped off the couch and up and down as that was the best chance to light up Brady since Clements.  Ugh. 

Milano was a beast but man a pick there could have been incredible 

• Like (+1) 1

It's hard for me to fault any single play the defense didn't make considering they held NE to 1 TD and 4 FGs.  I thought the worst play of the game, and a real momentum killer, was Benjamin's PF call on Shady's big gain.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 3

I agree with you.   I think Witten actually commented on that, which is rare considering he only had two salient points all night.   But yes Tremaine made that exact same read/tackle earlier in the game as we all saw.   It's a hard play for any LB, but Tremaine has the freak wingspan and closing speed.   

The second point Witten made was after watching film, all the TE's and WR's for Buffalo seemed to get little or no separation at the top of the routes, which means the throws have to be perfect or it's a pick or incompletion.   Zay seems to be our only guy with the moves to get free.

20 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

The second point Witten made was after watching film, all the TE's and WR's for Buffalo seemed to get little or no separation at the top of the routes, which means the throws have to be perfect or it's a pick or incompletion.   Zay seems to be our only guy with the moves to get free.

Yeah, Booger McFarland also said something to the effect of "Buffalo doesn't really have a number one WR or a number one TE right now. He didn't state it as an insult, it was just a matter of fact observation.

36 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

It's hard for me to fault any single play the defense didn't make considering they held NE to 1 TD and 4 FGs.  I thought the worst play of the game, and a real momentum killer, was Benjamin's PF call on Shady's big gain.

Benjamin killed that entire drive. He followed that penalty with a nice catch against Gilmore, but then committed another blatant PI to end it.

I wish he would just run faster and better routes instead of relying on the push-off...

• Like (+1) 1

Really was the turning point imo...

I was worried when Edmunds went out, and unfortunately it turned out not to be unfounded.

Once that play happened, NE started picking on Stanford (who had actually had some good plays before that).

11 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Yeah, Booger McFarland also said something to the effect of "Buffalo doesn't really have a number one WR or a number one TE right now. He didn't state it as an insult, it was just a matter of fact observation.

I was calling for them to use Clay and Croom more, actually. They seemed like obvious mismatches and when they finally threw to them, they almost got that TD.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I jumped off the couch and up and down as that was the best chance to light up Brady since Clements.  Ugh. 

Milano was a beast but man a pick there could have been incredible 

Bottom line, the Cheats have playmakers who make plays when it counts.  We don't.

9 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Bottom line, the Cheats have playmakers who make plays when it counts.  We don't.

I know 

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

Benjamin killed that entire drive. He followed that penalty with a nice catch against Gilmore, but then committed another blatant PI to end it.

I wish he would just run faster and better routes instead of relying on the push-off...

He seems like he was a better athlete in college which is hard to understand 

• Like (+1) 1