Play of the game......Stanford's whiff

not his fault, look at the sad loads he gets to practice against at WR

they don't have the wherewhithall to bother running routes correct, let alone catching a ball, let alone putting on a football move in open field

That whiff was exactly the point when I knew the game was lost. Even if they hadn't scored a TD, a FG would have made it a 9-point game with about 6 minutes to go, putting it out of reach for our offense.

2 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

I agree with you.   I think Witten actually commented on that, which is rare considering he only had two salient points all night.   But yes Tremaine made that exact same read/tackle earlier in the game as we all saw.   It's a hard play for any LB, but Tremaine has the freak wingspan and closing speed.   

The second point Witten made was after watching film, all the TE's and WR's for Buffalo seemed to get little or no separation at the top of the routes, which means the throws have to be perfect or it's a pick or incompletion.   Zay seems to be our only guy with the moves to get free.

Witten made two salient points? Banner day for him. Wittless is the worst at what he does and it’s not easy making Booger McFarland look like the smart one. 

4 hours ago, TC in St. Louis said:

Not that they would have won the game....doubt that.  But on 3rd and long, pressure on Brady and he hits James White a few yards short of the first down, and Stanford whiffed on the tackle.  Hey, I think overall the kid did a solid job backing up Edmunds, but if he makes that tackle, they punt.  They don't get the touchdown a few plays later, and who knows?  We were down by 6 at the time.  

But our offense is historically pathetic. 

The defense had a great game overall.  On Edmunds concussion....when he made that hit, I told my kid, "Concussion.  He's out."  He stayed in for another play and looked groggy.  Helmet to helmet vicious hit.   

Yup, you're right. It was imperative that he makes that one-on-one tackle.

4 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I jumped off the couch and up and down as that was the best chance to light up Brady since Clements.  Ugh. 

Milano was a beast but man a pick there could have been incredible 

He came super close to catching that ball but even if he did, I think he would've landed out of bounds.

28 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

He came super close to catching that ball but even if he did, I think he would've landed out of bounds.

Could be. Can’t fault him- he played the game of his life. Offense left so many opportunities on the table. I’m imagining if Rodgers QBs that game for the Bills its a win. 

3 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I know 

He seems like he was a better athlete in college which is hard to understand 

Well, as Booger said, he is 1 Popeye's biscuit away from being a tight end.  That plus he did blow out his knee in I think his 2nd year. 

5 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

He took a bad angle and paid the price for sure. That play plus the dropped batted ball by Milano changed the course of the game. The Bills are so offensively inept, they cannot win without takeaways. The margin for error is razor thin. 

Bingo- last year they got alot of takeways and why they backed into the playoff. Im sad to say it but the Bills are still bottom feeders in the NFL.