Bills are not that bad.

Kevin1778

I have to agree. I watched our OL do some really decent work yesterday. Some very below average WR and TE play and and old average QB doing what one might expect. Nice defense until they gassed out. Very winnable game last night in the midst of an epic tear-down of the roster. I think some folks got too excited about that fluke playoff appearance last year. This team has already tried the "fire a coach every year" plan. Sit tight for another couple of years and then make your call on this one. Get some talent and see what happens.

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Per Bill Parcells, "You are what your record says you are".  2-6 says terrible football team that is currently in position to draft 4th overall in 2019. 

Watch out for the browns though - they showed yesterday that they will go lower than fourth before this season is over.  If we're to draft before cleveland in the spring we need the services of one n8 Peterman.

Nathan Peterman, you're our only hope.  ?

Edited by sleeby
  • Haha (+1) 1

The offense IS really that bad. The line  can't get the running game going, Allen and now Anderson got the snot beat out of them, and all that's left will be Pickmaster Peterman. The defense is good enough to make this a playoff team but the offense is college level right now. The only thing this team can compete for with this offense is the #1 pick in the draft (an NFC West team will get that).  As a whole, this team isn't that bad but the reality is the offense is nowhere near good enough.  A defense in playoff mode with an offense in tank mode has no chance for success.

Beane has his work cut out for him. What a process.......

1 hour ago, sleeby said:

Watch out for the browns though - they showed yesterday that they will go lower than fourth before this season is over.  If we're to draft before cleveland in the spring we need the services of one n8 Peterman.

Nathan Peterman, you're our only hope.  ?

I have never, do not now, and will never understand the mentality of hoping that your team loses in order to secure a higher draft pick. I've been around for it all, guys, the Jackie Kemp years, the great offenses and horrible defenses of the OJ years, the Super Bowl years, and now the current state of affairs, and cannot imagine pulling for the Bills to lose for any reason.  There, glad I said it, rip me  if it makes you feel better. 

2 minutes ago, Bob in NoCal said:

I have never, do not now, and will never understand the mentality of hoping that your team loses in order to secure a higher draft pick. I've been around for it all, guys, the Jackie Kemp years, the great offenses and horrible defenses of the OJ years, the Super Bowl years, and now the current state of affairs, and cannot imagine pulling for the Bills to lose for any reason.  There, glad I said it, rip me  if it makes you feel better. 

tanking rarely ever works..it perpetuates a losing tradition and cost you in other areas of the team even if you get a #1 pick out of it.Unless there is an elway out there you just dont do it.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Kevin1778 said:

In 2 of last 3 games the Bills led the Texans on the road with minutes to play and they went toe to toe with the Patriots for 3 quarters. Those teams have combined to win 10 straight games and are the #2 and #4 seeds in the AFC. The Bills were right there with both of them. This offense also moved the ball yesterday and moved the ball with Peterman against the Texans. 

Bad teams don't almost beat teams like the Texans and hang with the Patriots. The offense is a problem, but when you have a new offensive coordinator and you lose two Pro Bowl caliber offensive lineman it takes time to get an offense going. 

There are 5 home games left and the Jets and Dolphins on the road aren't exactly world beaters. Expect the Bills offense to improve each game with Peterman, who should finally get a few starts in a row before the bye. There are a bunch of wins left on this schedule. 

No sir....they are bad...simple as that.

The Defense is good...the offense is woefully bad....but you can easily see that the bills are doing this in increments which is why the sky is not falling to me

We were never going to win this year....if ppl could just get their minds wrapped around that they would feel a little better (maybe)

• Like (+1) 1

The defense is good.  Good to the point where even if the offense was mediocre, this team would be competitive.  Unfortunately, the offense is historically bad.   This team might find a way to eek out another win or two, but it is going to be a long year. 

The best hope is that when Allen comes back, he can develop into a better QB and get a little more out of the offense in some of the later games. 

3 hours ago, Kevin1778 said:

In 2 of last 3 games the Bills led the Texans on the road with minutes to play and they went toe to toe with the Patriots for 3 quarters. Those teams have combined to win 10 straight games and are the #2 and #4 seeds in the AFC. The Bills were right there with both of them. This offense also moved the ball yesterday and moved the ball with Peterman against the Texans. 

Bad teams don't almost beat teams like the Texans and hang with the Patriots. The offense is a problem, but when you have a new offensive coordinator and you lose two Pro Bowl caliber offensive lineman it takes time to get an offense going. 

There are 5 home games left and the Jets and Dolphins on the road aren't exactly world beaters. Expect the Bills offense to improve each game with Peterman, who should finally get a few starts in a row before the bye. There are a bunch of wins left on this schedule. 

Over the last 5 weeks, the Bills have scored an average of 7.4 points/game.

They are, indeed, "that bad."

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

And the Peterman experiment has NOT blown up??

He's historically bad.  He has been bad in each of the few times they have trotted him out there.

If they play Peterman again I am off the bus and they can fire the lot of them for all I care. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If they play Peterman again I am off the bus and they can fire the lot of them for all I care. 

Therefore you advocate spending more money on yet another QB rather than play what we already paid for and who knows the playbook?  We have two wins.  Play n8.  Maybe he will do better and we can then trade him for something. 

2 minutes ago, sleeby said:

Therefore you advocate spending more money on yet another QB rather than play what we already paid for and who knows the playbook?  We have two wins.  Play n8.  Maybe he will do better and we can then trade him for something. 

Nobody is trading you anything for Nathan Peterman. He will not even be on an NFL roster next year. He is the worst Quarterback I have ever seen play in the NFL. He is making us a running joke every time we play him. 

1 minute ago, sleeby said:

I don’t care how much they are paying or have paid Peterman. I don’t want to see him play QB for the Bills ever again. Go ahead and sign someone, then play them. The money is truly irrelevant.

31 minutes ago, Bob in NoCal said:

I did not say not to try to win.  We are losing not by choice here.  The browns though just made it clear that they are more interested in the draft slot.  The bills have not purposely tanked.