Call your shot. Who goes today?

McBean

15 minutes ago, McBean said:

Hey Rober I like your posts. Remember you back from the BBMB days...

You’ve seemed to be good at scouting QB’s and talent.

If you were the GM today, what would you do to fix this mess?

I imagine he'd bring in Winston.  Back in the day on the BBMB he had indicated a team should trade their whole draft to get the guy.

Honestly think we will see McCoy sent away.   I think they used him enough last night to show he wasnt injured anymore, but then cut his carries back in the second half to save him from injury.

Two darkhorse candidates not on the Bills would be Eli Manning to Jacksonville and Leonard Fournette out of Jacksonville.

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

Hey. I'm just an armchair GM but I'll give you my plan.

CURRENT

1. Trade McCoy. His style doesn't fit our offense. He takes too many negative plays and this offense is incapable of overcoming negative plays. Let Ivory and Murphy plow into the line for 3-4 yards a carry and reduce the lost yardage.

2. Cut Benjamin. The guy is useless. Give a younger guy a chance. 

OFFSEASON

1. Sign Teddy Bridgewater to a 2 year, $20 mil contract. Let him and Allen compete with a new rookie picked in the 3rd or 4th round. If he beats out Allen, so be it. This team will mutiny if the offense isn't drastically better next year. 

2. Cut Charles Clay. Another terrible Whaley signing.

3. Sign Donte Moncrief and Geronimo Allison to bolster the WR corps. 

4.  Trade down!!! Stockpile draft picks. Move down out of the top 5 to pick up either an extra 1st rounder or a couple extra 2nd rounders. We need to stockpile picks and fill out the roster with NFL calibre talent. No more trading away picks to move up for players. 

Allison will be a RFA, for the record, and likely tendered at a 2nd-round level (though he was undrafted). But with the Packers drafting 3 WR’s, two of whom have shown real promise, I suppose it’s conceivable they tender him at his undrafted level and he’s obtainable.

1 minute ago, Midwest1981 said:

Allison will be a RFA, for the record, and likely tendered at a 2nd-round level (though he was undrafted). But with the Packers drafting 3 WR’s, two of whom have shown real promise, I suppose it’s conceivable they tender him at his undrafted level and he’s obtainable.

Doubtful given your second point.

They'll promote the young guys and let them compete behind Adams. 

46 minutes ago, PearlHowardman said:

It doesn't matter.

The Buffalo Bills will never be a successful NFL team under the ownership of Terry & Kim Pegula.  Same goes for the Buffalo Sabres.

:thumbdown:

Couldn't agree more. And besides the NFL will ensure we continue to do our job as a 7-9 schedule filler. It's almost gotten pointless to follow this team anymore. 

• Like (+1) 1

KB I think. I hope Charles Clay goes at some point too. 

I still say, trade Clay and a pick or something to the tight end needy Chargers for Forrest Lamp, who is wasting away on their bench.

KB I could see getting traded to the Colts or I think he would be a great fit for the Packers. 

I think Shady and Hughes stay, unless they get a king's ransom. 

5 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

No one is trading anything for Kyle Williams or Lorenzo Alexander. 

You could get mid round picks for both if a contending team needs a DT and Pass Rusher. 

I would have to go thru the list of contenders and see if any are there.

But also there goes McD “leadership counsel”. 

Edited by MAJBobby

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I still say, trade Clay and a pick or something to the tight end needy Chargers for Forrest Lamp, who is wasting away on their bench.

KB I could see getting traded to the Colts or I think he would be a great fit for the Packers. 

How can you watch Benjamin and believe he would be a “great fit” on any NFL team?

Benjamin for sure, maybe Clay just to dump his salary. Shady deserves to be on a contender. Send him to a team that can give up a good WR who can actually help whoever will be the QB going forward. Ivory and Murphy can handle things in the running game. We're a long way from win now mode. The offense needs a full rebuild.

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

How can you watch Benjamin and believe he would be a “great fit” on any NFL team?

I get where you are coming from, but offenses and quarterbacks that would do more with KB than throw jump balls on go's, would probably get more out of him. He should be running more in breaking routes, digs, crossing routes, etc. He would do those things with Indy and Green Bay and would play with competent quarterbacks. A guy that big should be working the middle of the field, not running 9 routes on the outside. This is the same crap we saw with Sammy Watkins. He never ran any in breaking stuff or screens or any of that stuff. He was the go route guy. Now we see the impact he is having in KC because he is actually being used right.   

KB's been bad, but he also isn't being used properly. 

7 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I don't see Beane's phone ringing for Benjamin, do you? 

Or Clay for that matter. 

They will both be free agents and neither one brings much. 

The only guy that could move is Shady. 

Shady

I think last night was the team's last stand.  I can see them not wanting to move Shady before the home primetime game against the Pats, but last night pretty much sealed up any delusions of playoffs.  I think they sit Allen all year and won't be concerned with having a safety outlet for him.

I'd say Benjamin if they could get anything for him, but the receiver market seems pretty flush.  

It seems pretty clear McBeane is dead set on building the defense above all else, I would be surprised to see them take pieces out of that.

17 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I get where you are coming from, but offenses and quarterbacks that would do more with KB than throw jump balls on go's, would probably get more out of him. He should be running more in breaking routes, digs, crossing routes, etc. He would do those things with Indy and Green Bay and would play with competent quarterbacks. A guy that big should be working the middle of the field, not running 9 routes on the outside. This is the same crap we saw with Sammy Watkins. He never ran any in breaking stuff or screens or any of that stuff. He was the go route guy. Now we see the impact he is having in KC because he is actually being used right.   

KB's been bad, but he also isn't being used properly. 

I've been saying for a while that KB needs to be used like a "move" TE.  But the guy plays smaller than anyone in the league, I don't think he has the stones for that type of role.

Edited by Chuck Wagon
  • Like (+1) 1