Brandon Beane deserves to be fired tomorrow

On 10/30/2018 at 7:34 AM, Coach Tuesday said:

The systematic dismantling of one of the Bills' highest-producing offenses in franchise history, replacing it over two years with what is shaping up to be statistically the worst offense in the modern era - an incredible feat when you consider that offenses are scoring points at a record pace - cannot go unpunished.

Brandon Beane gutted the offense and has failed to draft or acquire a single quality player on that side of the ball.

Not one.

The 2017 WR group was the worst in the NFL - and they did absolutely nothing - NOTHING - to upgrade it.

The lack of talent on offense predictably led to the highly-invested QB getting seriously injured.  

There is no excuse for this - none.  Don't tell me they're "tanking" - no team tanks the year AFTER drafting their franchise QB.

Don't tell me they have cap problems and are "rebuilding" - those problems are self-imposed, and even if they were sound decisions (which is dubious), there is no excuse for failing to even attempt to acquire playmakers during the offseason.  Find some speedy gadget WRs and a James White-type scat back who can create mismatches.  Find me one - ONE tight end who can BLOCK, let alone occasionally get open and catch a pass.  Find me a guard who can move laterally without running into his own guys, or a right tackle who can at least attempt to execute a cut block without taking himself, and only himself, out of the play...

This offense is a shambles and it absolutely positively did not have to be.  No one expected this team to contend for the Super Bowl this season but fans act like there is nothing in between a Lombardi and the first overall draft pick - it just ain't so.

Brandon Beane's "solutions" at WR have included trading up for Zay Jones (if you want to put that draft on him - fine with me if you don't), trading Watkins, trading for Kelvin Benjamin, trading for Jordan Matthews, trading for Corey Coleman, signing Jeremy Kerley.

I would let Beane spend the day working the trade wire and, come 4:01 p.m., if the roster is not upgraded for 2019, I would fire him.  Why wait?  I suppose you could do the Bills-y thing and wait until Beane squanders $80M in salary cap room and 8 draft picks, but why saddle the next GM with that?  Get a head start now - once the trade deadline has come and gone, there really isn't much more for the GM to do until the offseason.  Now is the time to make the change.

And for those of you who want to tell me that it's really McD calling the shots - fine.  This will put him on notice.  He has no business making personnel decisions and screw the Pegulas for their nonsensical org chart - they want to piss away their $1B business, I guess that's their right.  They are clueless.  If they understood accountability, they'd tell McDermott he's going to be judged based upon Juan Castillo and David Culley and the rest of the bogus offensive coaching staff that McD hired.  But they probably won't.

Fire Beane, do it tomorrow morning, rip the bandaid off and move forward.

Amen man. Amen 

On 10/30/2018 at 7:39 AM, CLTbills said:

back up from the edge.... this is part of the rebuild process. We ALL knew this coming in to this year.

No I dont think we expected this offense. We knew this wasnt a winning program but this isnt college. You should not be getting blown out by this much this often... Ever

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

You keep doing your thing old man - it’s the same tired routine every post.

Meanwhile, Beane deserved to be fired on Wednesday and he still deserves it.  This season is no one’s “plan” - it’s a disgrace.  These rookie owners should stop hiring rookie GMs.

5 days and counting.  You made a hysterical post knowing it was absurd.  Own it.

• 1 month later...

He is a basically a rookie GM.  Just like Josh Allen, Bills ownership will give him time to grow.  He will have growing pains but also the potential to be the best GM we have ever seen.  He admits his mistakes, which is rare in the NFL.  This guy some want fired, could have possibly drafted a franchise QB in his most recent draft.  Keep in mind too that he moved up to pick #7 and still kept his second 1st round pick.

They are building something special in Buffalo.

10 minutes ago, mead107 said:

Is he going to be fired? I don’t think so. 

Tryna' squeeze in a premature SB parade lap.........BEFORE the Patriots game, I might add. ?

You can be optimistic without pretending 5-9 and the second worst scoring team in the NFL should somehow quiet doubters.

Get to 7-9 this season McBeane......... and join the ranks of greats like Gailey, Marrone and Rex with ACTUAL wins over Belichick as a Bills coach......and then we can start crowing like Niners fans were last season when Jimmy G ripped off 5 straight wins at the end!   Championship!:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 10/30/2018 at 7:34 AM, Coach Tuesday said:

The systematic dismantling of one of the Bills' highest-producing offenses in franchise history, replacing it over two years with what is shaping up to be statistically the worst offense in the modern era - an incredible feat when you consider that offenses are scoring points at a record pace - cannot go unpunished.

Brandon Beane gutted the offense and has failed to draft or acquire a single quality player on that side of the ball.

Not one.

The 2017 WR group was the worst in the NFL - and they did absolutely nothing - NOTHING - to upgrade it.

The lack of talent on offense predictably led to the highly-invested QB getting seriously injured.  

There is no excuse for this - none.  Don't tell me they're "tanking" - no team tanks the year AFTER drafting their franchise QB.

Don't tell me they have cap problems and are "rebuilding" - those problems are self-imposed, and even if they were sound decisions (which is dubious), there is no excuse for failing to even attempt to acquire playmakers during the offseason.  Find some speedy gadget WRs and a James White-type scat back who can create mismatches.  Find me one - ONE tight end who can BLOCK, let alone occasionally get open and catch a pass.  Find me a guard who can move laterally without running into his own guys, or a right tackle who can at least attempt to execute a cut block without taking himself, and only himself, out of the play...

This offense is a shambles and it absolutely positively did not have to be.  No one expected this team to contend for the Super Bowl this season but fans act like there is nothing in between a Lombardi and the first overall draft pick - it just ain't so.

Brandon Beane's "solutions" at WR have included trading up for Zay Jones (if you want to put that draft on him - fine with me if you don't), trading Watkins, trading for Kelvin Benjamin, trading for Jordan Matthews, trading for Corey Coleman, signing Jeremy Kerley.

I would let Beane spend the day working the trade wire and, come 4:01 p.m., if the roster is not upgraded for 2019, I would fire him.  Why wait?  I suppose you could do the Bills-y thing and wait until Beane squanders $80M in salary cap room and 8 draft picks, but why saddle the next GM with that?  Get a head start now - once the trade deadline has come and gone, there really isn't much more for the GM to do until the offseason.  Now is the time to make the change.

And for those of you who want to tell me that it's really McD calling the shots - fine.  This will put him on notice.  He has no business making personnel decisions and screw the Pegulas for their nonsensical org chart - they want to piss away their $1B business, I guess that's their right.  They are clueless.  If they understood accountability, they'd tell McDermott he's going to be judged based upon Juan Castillo and David Culley and the rest of the bogus offensive coaching staff that McD hired.  But they probably won't.

Fire Beane, do it tomorrow me orning, rip the bandaid off and move forward.

And what will you say when we are competing for championships in the next couple years?

I am also glad youre ok with not blaming him for a Bills draft that took place while he was in Carolina, that is very considerate of you.  It must take a lot of consideration for you not to blame Hitler for WWI as well.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

13 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

And what will you say when we are competing for championships in the next couple years?

I am also glad youre ok with not blaming him for a Bills draft that took place while he was in Carolina, that is very considerate of you.  It must take a lot of consideration for you not to blame Hitler for WWI as well.

Godwin's Law.  And on that note...this thread had a good run, and it needs to sleep now

• Like (+1) 1