Brandon Beane deserves to be fired tomorrow

5 minutes ago, ctk232 said:

And it could have just as easily went the other way. Not saying so to discredit your post as I also agree sometimes those decisions are necessary. But for a GM/HC banking their entire futures in Buffalo on landing the franchise QB, knowing this fanbase has an utter lack of patience, does picking Mahomes (as he was graded out to be, and not who he is now) seem like a decision they'd make?

I understand your point, but I'm also not going to give them a pass because other teams reached the same conclusion.

They should ultimately be judged solely on the decisions they make.

9 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I understand your point, but I'm also not going to give them a pass because other teams reached the same conclusion.

They should ultimately be judged solely on the decisions they make.

Agreed - but even the choice to not pick Mahomes could be argued either way as a decision made and a decision not made...not to distract from the topic at hand.

I personally believe the "pass on Mahomes" was not a decision they actively made, nor does judging them for something happening after the fact that likely wouldn't have happened had we drafted him - it's post facto assessment, but isn't accurate. You could say that for any team about any player that ended up playing well that was passed over. Happens to every team, just doesn't make a relevant argument for firing an FO all on it's own. If the FO also had draft picks that perform poorly after drafted then maybe, but even that can be blamed on coaching in some cases.

Edited by ctk232

2 minutes ago, ctk232 said:

Agreed - but even the choice to not pick Mahomes could be argued either way as a decision made and a decision not made...not to distract from the topic at hand.

I personally believe the "pass on Mahomes" was not a decision they actively made, nor does judging them for something happening after the fact that likely wouldn't have happened had we drafted him - it's post facto assessment, but isn't accurate. You could say that for any team about any player that ended up playing well that was passed over. Happens to every team, just doesn't make a relevant argument for firing an FO all on it's own. If the FO also had draft picks that perform poorly after drafted then maybe, but even that can be blamed on coaching in some cases.

I'm of the OPINION that Allen is not going to work out, so that opinion tends to shape my assessment.

But I agree that the decision(or lack thereof) regarding Mahomes is not something they should be fired over. 

If the decisions they DO make work out in the long run, Mahomes becomes much less relevant.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

“They did nothing to improve the WR group.”

”Here is a list of things they did to try to improve the WR group.”

Anquan Boldin, Kaelin Clay, Philly Brown, Rod Streater, Corey Coleman, Ray Ray McCloud, Ruben Foster, Kelvin Benjamin, Jeremey Kerley, tried Isaiah McKenzie, Tyrelle Pryor. 

Anybody other impact player I’ve forgotten? 

8 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

B.S.

This is no "process."  There is no way that this level of offensive ineptitude was PLANNED.  

Somebody needs a hug. The roster has been mismanaged badly. But Beane is a decent talent evaluator and is a first-time GM, there will be mistakes!

8 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

You talking about this?

And for those of you who want to tell me that it's really McD calling the shots - fine.  This will put him on notice.  He has no business making personnel decisions and screw the Pegulas for their nonsensical org chart - they want to piss away their $1B business, I guess that's their right.  They are clueless.  If they understood accountability, they'd tell McDermott he's going to be judged based upon Juan Castillo and David Culley and the rest of the bogus offensive coaching staff that McD hired.  But they probably won't.

You say he has "no business making personnel decisions" but the organization is set up with him as the boss.  

My initial post stands.

Not for nothing the Bills are worth 1.6 billion. Terry has already made a return on his investment.

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Anquan Boldin, Kaelin Clay, Philly Brown, Rod Streater, Corey Coleman, Ray Ray McCloud, Ruben Foster, Kelvin Benjamin, Jeremey Kerley, tried Isaiah McKenzie, Tyrelle Pryor. 

Anybody other impact player I’ve forgotten? 

Tried to sign Maclin. Tried to sign JJ Nelson.  Jordan Matthews.  Andre Holmes.  Zay Jones.

7 hours ago, liverpoolkev said:

Exactly this mess is really about church boy mcdermett he initiated the exodus of young talent and acquiring older players , Tolbert anyone , mcdermott thought it was ok to pass on Watson& Mahomes who both played better competition and no draft capital was needed. We watched Watson for two years take apart  Alabama defense. The only thing both Warson & Mahomes didn't have was MY  skin tone.

I MIGHT OF HAD MY DIFFERENCES WITH WHALEY BUT HE CAN JUDGE FOOTBALL TALENT something mcdermet/beane dont seam to have a clue about

Speaking of flawed what have this QB did compare to the 2017 prospects that made you feel comfy enough to trade up for this. I'll put it to you this way if

JOSH  looked like Watson or Mahomes he would still be looking to get drafted. He is nothing more than a white Cordelle Jones except Cordelle won a national championship.   

Wow. Church boy and then bridging up race for not drafting Mahomes or Watson. Keep it classy. 

Are people that pissed about the game last night? Of course I wanted then to win but I really wasn't pissed about it. 

6 minutes ago, bills7834 said:

Wow. Church boy and then bridging up race for not drafting Mahomes or Watson. Keep it classy. 

Are people that pissed about the game last night? Of course I wanted then to win but I really wasn't pissed about it. 

It's liverpoolkev. Not exactly a beacon of intelligence. One need only read his posts to see that.

8 hours ago, Greybeard said:

Look who they traded away or chose not to sign.  They virtually declared they would have no offense.  They were suppose to have a top 3 pick last year but screwed it up.  That forced them to spend all their draft capital for Allen. 

They probably preached the "Good Tank" to the Pegula's.   Look competitive while losing close games.  Keeps the fan base involved.   Now they have to hope for a top 3 pick and a trade down to obtain as many starters as they possible can. 

Gruden has started to do the same thing.

Traded up for Zay, traded for Kelvin, traded for Coleman, signed Kerley, signed Bodine, signed Newhouse, and drafted Dawkins - in two years these are several moves involving cash and picks. Don't tell me they weren't trying to address offense. They ***** suck at it. 

Look at who they keep trying to shove down our throats at QB and you will see the truth. 

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

Draft

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/04/nfl_draft_2017_what_buffalo_bills_sean_mcdermott_said_about_doug_whaleys_status.html

That's a bit of a departure from McDermott's answer the last few months, when he consistently praised Whaley and touted a strong working relationship. McDermott did credit Whaley and his staff for helping to orchestrate the Bills' blockbuster trade, but it was also clear McDermott was the one calling the shots. When asked whether the Bills considered trading down again at 27, McDermott spoke in the first person. 

"Yeah, we looked at a couple things," McDermott said. "I didn't feel or we didn't feel like it was right at this time. We looked at a couple of situations that were on the table as well at 27. We had a chance to get a good solid football player and I wasn't passing that up." 

First...that articles does not state McD was in complete control, of course he had input, all Head Coaches are heavily involved in drafts.  Second, like I said earlier, even if you want to put it on McD, he was working off of WHALEYS TEAM AND SCOUTS going into the draft.  So everything in that draft was concluded off of WHALEYS TEAM...which is NOT Beanes team.

But...more importantly...this thread is about BEANE and he was NOT here for that draft, so it ONCE AGAIN has NOTHING to do with BEANE or THIS thread.  

Let me help since so many people cant seem to read the thread title and separate that draft from Beane.  This thread is about...

BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE BEANE 

You know, that guy that was NOT a Buffalo Bill during that draft.................Beane.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Is this thread going to be like the “Free Beer Tomorrow” sign?

He is not getting fired.

Wrong thread...........you are looking for "Beane fired!!!!". (Doesn't exist but when it does there is a 50% chance you will have started it.   You are free to use that exact text, btw.)

Mistakes happen......... like when you praised Beane for the Watkins trade.........but have since grown desperate for the team to trade draft capital and overpay a WR on retirements door like Desean Jackson or Demaryius Thomas because you now kinda' realize why the Watkins trade was dumb in the first place.

23 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Not a single person on this board would’ve been ok with the hire if they were told THIS was the plan two years ago 

If one crappy year led to a decade of success, yes they would. 

Nobody would have been OK with continued mediocrity, 7-9 or 9-7 every year.

13 hours ago, CLTbills said:

If one crappy year led to a decade of success, yes they would. 

Nobody would have been OK with continued mediocrity, 7-9 or 9-7 every year.

So when we fired the roughly .500 coach for underachieving with the roster, it was a situation where we didn’t think a new coach could step up and improve the record with better gameday management, slight fine tuning and chasing a qb? 

or did we think the roster was an absolute train wreck and decide to let the guy that assembled it take another round of free agency and the draft just for the heck of it?

i was very much under the impression in January 2017 that this was a re-load and watch improved coaching make the major difference, while putting a top shelf qb option in the system.... and not a burn it all to the ground situation.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/30/2018 at 6:19 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

Wrong thread...........you are looking for "Beane fired!!!!". (Doesn't exist but when it does there is a 50% chance you will have started it.   You are free to use that exact text, btw.)

Mistakes happen......... like when you praised Beane for the Watkins trade.........but have since grown desperate for the team to trade draft capital and overpay a WR on retirements door like Desean Jackson or Demaryius Thomas because you now kinda' realize why the Watkins trade was dumb in the first place.

No, no it wasn't. Watkins has now twice admitted he was a "me first" type of player when he came into the league and I suspect it took the Bills trading him and he getting a fresh perspective in order for him to realize what little a selfish player can do in a sport that is interdependent on 10 other guys on the field at once. 

Bills made the playoffs last year and used some of the Watkins trade capital to get their QB of the future and MLB of the future. Had Watkins been a humble, team-first mentality type of WR, he might still be in Buffalo. Additionally, he thrives when he's not the centerpiece of the Offense, i.e. Rams / Chiefs. But when he was in Buffalo he wanted to carry the Offense on his shoulders by catching a bunch of passes and getting the stats, but that's not how his game excels. So, now with his third team and Reid at the helm, he sees how all the parts need to work together to be truly successful. As for trading for WRs, I think the best idea Yolo had was to trade for Cooper who is just 24 years old, some eight months older than Calvin Ridley, yet has three years in the league and real NFL production. However, Cowboys giving up a 1st, was just more than the Bills could swallow I'm sure. All of that said, Beane and McD will have the 2019 Off-season to spend that Cap money and Draft plenty of players to build an Offense after securing their QB this year. So, time will tell....

Edited by BigBuff423

29 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

No, no it wasn't. Watkins has now twice admitted he was a "me first" type of player

The handling of Watkins was awful.

Not picking up the option...........that proved a fail when the AFC's best team so far paid him $16M per year.

Trading him DESTROYED the 2017 passing offense.........which made it hard for the Bills to sign any WR in FA...........and ultimately lead to the passing offense now which is the key component in the worst offense in NFL history thru 8 games.

And they gave away most of the draft capital they got for Watkins trying to replace him with Kelvin Benjamin...........who has been entirely unproductive and has become one of the greater villains in recent Bills history.

But Watkins was a "me first" player?

Corey Coleman

Josh Gordon

Terrelle Pryor

So much for that "high horse" thinking........these are the guys that McBeane has had to pursue.............they are players with REAL problems.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 2