A Few Thoughts on Witten

The Process

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

This entire MNF crew is as bad as I can remember .... yes, worse than the Dennis Miller experiment.

I'll take listening to Witten over listening to Booger ANY day, though.

Booger had the best line of any announcer this season: Kelvin Benjamin is one Popeye's Biscuit away from being a tight end.

3 hours ago, John Gianelli said:

If you understood even a few words in Spanish, the Spanish broadcast on ESPN Deportes was tremendous. Sometimes you could tell just by the tone of voice and a few key words what the announcers were saying. "Doble Flea-Flicker!"

The bi-lingual interview with Marv Levy was touching when at the end Marv said, "Gracias!"

The Spanish-language commercials were pretty awesome, too.

It actually made watching the game fun.

Spanish football broadcasts are great. I listen to them a bunch on Sundays, energy is always good.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, WRONG JOSH said:

He's no Romo that's for sure

Romo is great. However unlike most people I do not like it when he calls out plays presnap. Witten did it once or twice too. It bothers me, right before snap a random "this is a run to the right." Cool that you were correct.... I would also just like to see the play happen pls. I would love it though if like after the play they ran a quick replay and said "this play was easily picked up by the defense because 'this this and this tell me you are going here with the ball.' " I would love that insight. I just dont like the Nostradamus crap as the play is just about to happen

6 hours ago, Gugny said:

This entire MNF crew is as bad as I can remember .... yes, worse than the Dennis Miller experiment.

I'll take listening to Witten over listening to Booger ANY day, though.

i only watch if the Bills are on

• 2 months later...