A Few Thoughts on Witten

The Process

Another thing about Witten:  He isn't great when announcing...maybe he'll improve.  He is REALLY bad when on camera.  He always looks uncomfortable and the lunges around when he is talking.  It also doesn't help that he id 6'6" and his buddy is slightly taller than Willie Shoemaker.

If you understood even a few words in Spanish, the Spanish broadcast on ESPN Deportes was tremendous. Sometimes you could tell just by the tone of voice and a few key words what the announcers were saying. "Doble Flea-Flicker!"

The bi-lingual interview with Marv Levy was touching when at the end Marv said, "Gracias!"

The Spanish-language commercials were pretty awesome, too.

It actually made watching the game fun.

First quarter: "The Bills have to go with their strength and keep running the ball."

Later: "You can't beat the Patriots by running the ball all game - you have to throw it downfield."

I never watch MNF, but wow what a terrible broadcast. Between the pregame stuff with the Applebees boneless wings to the awful announcing and the lack of real analysis. It was a cliche ridden broadcast that felt like a Key and Peele skit. Execute, give a 100%. 

2 hours ago, The Process said:

This guy is awful.....in the first half the Pats on offense line up, you expect to hear some color commentary on the formation or something. All this dolt said was "Tom Brady".... that's it.....

Fast forward to second half Croom drop in the end zone. Witless said...."ya gotta work harder to get both hands up".  It's not work raising an arm....no comment on a potential hold....

Last but not least, with the Bills on defense...he gave Gilmore a tackle! 

Yeah they were overall just terrible.

I tried to mute the tele and listen to WGR but that app doesn't work.

I was really annoyed at how many times he said "you gotta get that second hand in", like Croom was trying to one-hand it. Come the ***** on with that, obviously he would rather have used two hands. No mention of course of how his other hand was being held by both hands of the DB. Freakin duh. Those guys need to wash Brady's ball hair off their chins because that's all they did.

2 hours ago, Commonsense said:

I thought the camera angles sucked and all three of the commentators sucked. Booger had a few funny one liners. The rest was a tough listen. I did get a chuckle when Booger was talking about Allen’s completion % and then Tesatore chimed in about the other rookies also struggling. 

They probably wouldn’t have been so annoying if the Bills were winning and/or if I was drinking. 

Was the booger mobile there? I didn't see it.

2 hours ago, WRONG JOSH said:

He's no Romo that's for sure

Romo is the best thing to happen to NFL telecasts in a long time. 

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

This entire MNF crew is as bad as I can remember .... yes, worse than the Dennis Miller experiment.

I'll take listening to Witten over listening to Booger ANY day, though.

I will say it was troubling when Booger was in cases calling plays correctly before they happened based on alignment, personnel and motion. 

I am sure hoodies d was doing the same. 

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Romo is the best thing to happen to NFL telecasts in a long time. 

I will say it was troubling when Booger was in cases calling plays correctly before they happened based on alignment, personnel and motion. 

I am sure hoodies d was doing the same. 

Oh, Booger knows his stuff; so does Witten.  They're both simply not cut out for their current jobs.

16 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Was the booger mobile there? I didn't see it.

He had a glass background instead of the television setup... I'm guessing ESPN got the memo about ticket buying fans getting pissed off about their obstructed views.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Oh, Booger knows his stuff; so does Witten.  They're both simply not cut out for their current jobs.

I see like most of the starting o line, kelvin, and the entire QB depth chart and maybe Daboll(I can not tell if he’s just not able to compromise his scheme to sucky players or just isn’t good)

But Demarco split out wide is just silly. Demarco isn’t jimmy Graham or Dallas Clark.  He’s not even Tolbert. 

2 hours ago, BuffalOhio said:

Hey Witten - the word is established not "extablished" you freaking moron (I replayed it to make sure I heard it correctly). 

I agree - nothing about the hold or DPI on the Croom one-handed attempt.  

Lets not forget "excape".  Whoever had the idea of putting this guy on Monday night broadcasts ought to be fired.

• Like (+1) 1

The "best" part was when Witten said McD was a good coach because he saw him wearing a camo hat on the weekend. If they want to save face, ESPN should move Jason to the pre-game show and put Booger in the booth. It's a shame he's bringing the broadcast down, I really like the visuals on the MNF games this year. I hope the rest of the broadcasts copy the graphic where they list the skill position players on the field for every play.

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

It was the play by play guy who gave Gilmore the tackle actually. 

But yes. Witten sucked. They both did. What is with all the stupid compuuuuter graphics too? Brady jumping through a table and our Quarterbacks canoeing on the fall??? I mean WTF?

Oh and the rules guy sounded ancient, bumbling and confused. 

What a mess.... and that is before you even get onto the Bills offense. 

The rules guy was Jeff Tripplet, THE Jeff Tripplet I presume... Would explain a lot