A Few Thoughts on Witten

The Process

This guy is awful.....in the first half the Pats on offense line up, you expect to hear some color commentary on the formation or something. All this dolt said was "Tom Brady".... that's it.....

Fast forward to second half Croom drop in the end zone. Witless said...."ya gotta work harder to get both hands up".  It's not work raising an arm....no comment on a potential hold....

Last but not least, with the Bills on defense...he gave Gilmore a tackle! 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I thought the camera angles sucked and all three of the commentators sucked. Booger had a few funny one liners. The rest was a tough listen. I did get a chuckle when Booger was talking about Allen’s completion % and then Tesatore chimed in about the other rookies also struggling. 

They probably wouldn’t have been so annoying if the Bills were winning and/or if I was drinking. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, The Process said:

Fast forward to second half Croom drop in the end zone. Witless said...."ya gotta work harder to get both hands up".  It's not work raising an arm....no comment on a potential hold....

Lol, I heard that too and couldn't believe it. Croom had his guy beat, so he held his arm, which should have been pass interference, and Witten blamed Croom for not being able to pull his arm free from a smaller back. 

I did like Booger McFarland's analysis though.

I thought the overall "production value" was awful. What the hell is a video/studio recorded halftime show? That's live entertainment? One song played on the JumboTron? The hell is that about? And the cutting in and out of the Thurman ceremony made  no sense either... ESPN has gone severely downhill.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, The Process said:

This guy is awful.....in the first half the Pats on offense line up, you expect to hear some color commentary on the formation or something. All this dolt said was "Tom Brady".... that's it.....

It was the play by play guy who gave Gilmore the tackle actually. 

But yes. Witten sucked. They both did. What is with all the stupid compuuuuter graphics too? Brady jumping through a table and our Quarterbacks canoeing on the fall??? I mean WTF?

Oh and the rules guy sounded ancient, bumbling and confused. 

What a mess.... and that is before you even get onto the Bills offense. 

• Like (+1) 1

Witten was bad.  He said that Anderson had been with the team for 6 days - interesting since he had played in the past two games.  I agree the entire MNF team is sad.  I think it was Triplett who could not speak, but then he wasn't good as a referee either.  

The good news is the announce team gave me something else to focus on instead of the woeful Bills offense.

1 hour ago, The Process said:

He was at least consistent because he called Gronks catch great but not one word on the guy being all over him way before the football got there.  (Not complaining just saying that was an obvious one too)

they made so so many bad calls and got the names wrong numerous times on the Pats even.. I mean one called the offense PI on Edelman when in reality it was Hogan.  It got to the point I shut the volume off and listened to the radio play by play instead with the game.