If Anderson is sidelined due to injury......

2 hours ago, longtimebillsfan said:

If Derek Anderson can't play for an extended time, who do you think the Bills should pick up.  The popular choices seem to be Sam Bradford or Tyrod.

Bradford has not looked very good this season and is injury prone.

Tyrod will add some versatility to our offense and he will limit turnovers.  This option may compliment our strong defense.  Yes, Tyrod will still throw for 190 yards on a good day, but the reduced turnovers will help this team immensely.  Turn overs have cost us a couple move victories. 

What other viable options are available? 

Landry Jones. 

If it's me, I'm not spending draft picks on someone for,this year. 2-6. Bears on Sunday. Still another game against the Pats. 2 against Miami. This season is done. Play with who you have, improve in the off season.

26 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Mike RodakESPN Staff Writer 

Bills coach Sean McDermott said QB Derek Anderson was being evaluated after suffering an undisclosed injury late in Monday night's loss to the Patriots.

Is that why he didn't try to tackle the pick 6 runner? 

Nah, Dr Twitter thinks he got concussed the last play before 2:00 warning, and took another jolt first play after.

That pick-6 thing was just being feline.

Edited by Ralonzo
  • Haha (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

No to Kap, no to Tebow, no to Turod.  

It's most likely that JA will be back after the BYE.   

Bears then JETS.   Hang on to your hats 

How much worse can it get?   We see pick 6's w/o him.  At least he produced the TD pass to our leading WR Zay Jones.  

Peterman has been historically bad, no doubting that, but he has moved the ball pretty good at times, just throws picks and chokes under pressure. If we are out of the playoffs I see no point in trading an asset for a rental just because you don't want to see Peterman anymore. Just so we can win one or two more games maybe, why? Just start him, who knows maybe he will start to learn how to compensate for his arm and make better decisions as he gets more experience.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

[1] Peterman has been historically bad, no doubting that, but [2] he has moved the ball pretty good at times, just throws picks and chokes under pressure. If we are out of the playoffs I see no point in trading an asset for a rental just because you don't want to see Peterman anymore. Just so we can win one or two more games maybe, why? Just start him, [3] who knows maybe he will start to learn how to compensate for his arm and make better decisions as he gets more experience.

[1] Agreed 

[2] Agreed 

[3] Agreed 

who can we go to?  

source.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

The fear with Peterman revolves around the INTs he likes to throw.

But he is averaging 1.5 per game to Anderson's 2 per game!

:sick:

I'm not sure "per game" is the right way to frame Peterman's INTs because he has never played a full one. Across his 6 or appearances I would guess he has about 10 total quarters of playing time

We have to make a decision on allen soon. Can’t carry 4 QBs with 2 injured and 1 with less than a week in the playbook.

we should’ve signed a warm body to the practice squad 2 weeks ago and then as soon as allen is back or on IR sign a better vet option and cut peterman shortly after 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

We have to make a decision on allen soon. Can’t carry 4 QBs with 2 injured and 1 with less than a week in the playbook.

we should’ve signed a warm body to the practice squad 2 weeks ago and then as soon as allen is back or on IR sign a better vet option and cut peterman shortly after 

Of all the Tuesday Morning QBing that's going on today, this is the most obvious fail.  How did they not sign a warm body for the practice squad three weeks ago is mind-boggling.

Hell if we could grab Tyrod for significantly less than what we got for hik, it would be a defined win for Beane.

For a conditional 5th or 6th I would do it. Not higher than that though, we have seen his ceiling and it sure as hell isn't worth a 3rd.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, GG said:

Of all the Tuesday Morning QBing that's going on today, this is the most obvious fail.  How did they not sign a warm body for the practice squad three weeks ago is mind-boggling.

Right? 

Especially since we traded our 3 so it’s not like he’s just on the market like most teams that cut 3 and roll with just two QBs 

then roll in a 3 way qb competition not allowing much in the way of having a 4th guy get any reps/attention 

its basic planning to have soooomeone that knows the play book in case of injury if only keeping 2 active. 

You know what, let's be honest...it has gotta be Peterman.

Sign someone, but Peterman starts against Chicago.

1 hour ago, Zac said:

Colin Kaepernick?

Yes, I would.

Seriously, just to say and he would probably be the best option, but he isn't coming here even if they offer him a contract.

1 hour ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Johnny Football

0-6 right now in the CFL, although he is getting better.  I happen to watch the last game, a loss to Toronto.