First Round Draft Pick Is ...

15 hours ago, Soda Popinski said:

It's all subject to BPA and who slides where.  If you see a guy rated as a 1st round pick in the 3rd and he's a CB, then why wait, take him.   I would focus on the offense, but not totally ignore value.   This draft and free agency period are not going to solve all our problems on offense or defense.   Should go a long way but this roster will never be perfect. 

Rosters never are perfect. no team has a perfect roster. good but not perfect. Some times you see teams in draft ignore BPA and draft need. Then you see people go wild "why did that team draft that" till you realize the need and the positions filling. IF the player is good, fits the need then I can give a crap. But no one is going to draft a 3rd rounder in the first round. Some times you have to reach to fix a roster ya know..

19 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Dawkins can't play RT if you are kicking him somewhere you should be kicking him inside to LG where I truly believe he could be elite. I don't have an opinion on Greg Little yet, I haven't watched him.

I am on board with the general approach if you end up drafting 3-5. If you are drafting 1-2 you have to pick the elite prospects.

Why do you think he wouldn't be able to play RT?  

6 minutes ago, BillsCuse said:

Because when we tried it in the 2017 pre-season he looked awkward beyond belief. But when tried on the left when Cordy was not available he immediately looked like a bona fide NFL player. So I don't think it was just a rookie struggling to adjust to the league. I think it was a player who is naturally comfortable on the left looking uncomfortable trying to mirror those actions. I have always believe some people are just natural going one way and struggle going the other. I think Dawkins is a left sider. Could he learn to play RT yea, he could. But I don't think he would ever be outstanding there, it just looks unnatural to him. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BillsCuse said:

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Because when we tried it in the 2017 pre-season he looked awkward beyond belief. But when tried on the left when Cordy was not available he immediately looked like a bona fide NFL player. So I don't think it was just a rookie struggling to adjust to the league. I think it was a player who is naturally comfortable on the left looking uncomfortable trying to mirror those actions. I have always believe some people are just natural going one way and struggle going the other. I think Dawkins is a left sider. Could he learn to play RT yea, he could. But I don't think he would ever be outstanding there, it just looks unnatural to him. 

I’m of the belief still that LG may be his best position. If they draft a LT I wouldn’t have any issue if they kicked Dawkins inside and had a strong left side (like they did with Glenn and Incognito). 

We're going to be picking high. These are the guys we should target.

Nick Bosa-DE Ohio State 

Justin Herbert-QB Oregon

Quinnen Williams-DT Alabama

Ed Oliver-DT Houston

Jonah Williams-LT Alabama

Clelin Ferrell-DE Clemson

Devin White-LB LSU

Greedy Williams-CB LSU

DK Metcalf-WR Ole Miss

Hakeem Butler-WR Iowa State

Or we can trade down but we're guaranteed to get a really good player this year

Edited by FeelingOnYouboty

Just my opinion (based on my assumption that Buffalo is picking in the 3-5 range):

I will be happy if they go with one of these two routes:

1. Trade down and stockpile picks. I would guess this would mean moving down far enough that a WR or OLine would no longer be a reach, and I'd probably lean in that direction (we're talking like the mid to late teens); I'd like to get N'Keal Harry or Kelvin Harmon there based on what I've seen of them so far this year. Even after trading down, I wouldn't be vehemently against taking a pass rusher or corner in the 1st round; trading down should give us enough picks to address most of the offensive concerns anyways.

2. Stay in the top 5, take Bosa/Oliver/Quinnen/maybe Greedy if they're available and then turn the focus to offense. You could theoretically come out of the first 4 rounds with:

Ed Oliver, DT

Collin Johnson, WR

Isaiah Prince, OT

Riley Ridley, WR

Darrell Henderson, Karan Higdon, or Matt Colburn, RB

I'd be pretty thrilled with that.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

Just my opinion (based on my assumption that Buffalo is picking in the 3-5 range):

I will be happy if they go with one of these two routes:

1. Trade down and stockpile picks. I would guess this would mean moving down far enough that a WR or OLine would no longer be a reach, and I'd probably lean in that direction (we're talking like the mid to late teens); I'd like to get N'Keal Harry or Kelvin Harmon there based on what I've seen of them so far this year. Even after trading down, I wouldn't be vehemently against taking a pass rusher or corner in the 1st round; trading down should give us enough picks to address most of the offensive concerns anyways.

2. Stay in the top 5, take Bosa/Oliver/Quinnen/maybe Greedy if they're available and then turn the focus to offense. You could theoretically come out of the first 4 rounds with:

Ed Oliver, DT

Collin Johnson, WR

Isaiah Prince, OT

Riley Ridley, WR

Darrell Henderson, Karan Higdon, or Matt Colburn, RB

I'd be pretty thrilled with that.

Hard pass on Isaiah Prince. He’s been awful this year. I’m not interested in a guy that’s regressed.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Hard pass on Isaiah Prince. He’s been awful this year. I’m not interested in a guy that’s regressed.

I'm not really much of an offensive line expert; just meant it to make the point that you can take Oliver and still add 4 offensive players in the first 4 rounds and they'll likely all be pretty good prospects.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/31/2018 at 7:25 AM, SoTier said:

Isn't that exactly what the Bills have done in the last two drafts under McDermott???   They passed on two excellent QB prospects in 2017 who have turned into decent NFL QBs (at their low end) for a CB because they needed one.  They then traded away their starting QB and their starting LT to move up to take the fourth best QB prospect in the 2018 draft.   Why would they change "their plan" to stock up on offense in 2019 just because the best talent in the draft is on the defensive side?

This quote makes me want to poke my eyes out. Yes for better or worse the bills have drafted for talent the last two years. Every pick besides Allen who the jury is out on has been for talent only the last two years. The bills weren’t picking a qb in 2017 with a lame duck gm. Get this through your head. And they aren’t picking a qb in the first round like you probably want. 

On 10/30/2018 at 6:21 AM, Fadingpain said:

You can build an all pro offensive line but if our QB play is no better than what we have received this year, our record will be the same.

Offensive tackle has very little impact on wins and losses.

Jerry Hughes has WRECKED games for QBs in some games this year.  Top defensive front players can make a MAJOR impact on games.  You have to have solid play at all 5 positions on the line or you likely aren't making it far into the postseason.  We have many offensive needs put an offensive lineman can help both the run and the pass game. 

If we can get a top notch lineman I say we start there if not then a wr.  Not opposed to going back for the right amount of picks!  Speaking of and this may be old news but I just read the rams i quoted about Hughes!  Nothing was said about what was offered so I'm guessing it was crap!  Think I would of for a 3rd!  

Trade down would be good if we can to get a second and third or fourth. If not go best oline or wr available for first four rounds with two wr's and at least two linemen, then best available the rest of the way. Sign a wr and guard and te. Cut or trade clay. Keep Anderson as a mentor for Allen and see what Barkley can do along with another mobile QB under thirty.

On 10/30/2018 at 4:01 AM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Bills trade down in the first round and select :

OT Jonah Williams 6'5" 301 Alabama

"PROS: Size and strength are NFL-ready. Excellent footwork out of his stance, entering his pass set with no wasted movements or false steps. Adjusts his set points based on edge defender’s alignment. Patient in pass protection, waits for opponent to show his hands and then counters. Times up his strikes well to combat power. Explosive in his first step to build his house against wide nines. "

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/08/05/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-jonah-williams/

Trade out..maybe twice.

I wouldn’t be opposed to trading back for extra picks and taking Greedy Williams.  

Re-sign Justin Phillips and beg Lorax to come back for one more year.  

DT - Star/Harry/JP

DE - Hughes/Murphy/Shaq

LB - Lorax/Edmunds/Milano

DB - White/Greedy/Taron

S - Poyer/Hyde

Keep and/or sign a few depth guys.  That defense is filthy and all we did was use our 1st. 

Then spend the vast majority of cap space and draft picks on Offense.