NO points... AGAIN!!!

Braveheart

On the 3rd and 8 they were blitzing big time so not a terrible call.  Looked like Shady had a hole where he could have made the yards.

It's a very frustrating year.  People go nuts over the QB situation but the only thing they should have done differently was bringing in a vet like Anderson when they traded McCarron.  Bottom line is either they were going to have their rookie play this year and deal with his up and downs, or a backup type like Anderson that is a backup for a reason.  Wouldn't be different if it was McCarron or whomever.

3 hours ago, October 1918 said:

Talent versus coaching can be debated endlessly, but the empirical evidence shows that we have an offensive coordinator who has never had success anywhere he's been. The last time Brian Daboll was an NFL offensive coordinator was the 2012 Kansas City Chiefs. It was the only offense this decade to average fewer than 14 points per game (we're currently far worse at only 10.9 ppg). That 2-14 Chiefs team had Jamaal Charles at running back, Dwayne Bowe at wide receiver, 4 year starter Matt Cassel at QB, etc. Certainly enough talent to score every once in a while. The next season with mostly the same players (although with Alex Smith at QB) and Andy Reid calling plays, the Chiefs went 11-5, made the playoffs, and had one of the league's better offenses.

Of course we need more talent on offense, no one would argue otherwise. But, 4.5 seasons with 4 different teams and there is simply no evidence that Daboll has any idea what he is doing as an offensive coordinator. I have no doubt he could do better with more talent, but so could the universe of other potential offensive coordinators. The real question is: could someone else do better with this exact same collection of players? I think the answer is "yes."

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2018/01/15/brian-daboll-somehow-able-find-meaningful-nfl-work-2018/

"Mahomes looks like an MVP because the Chiefs gave him the tools to be as exceptional as he can be. The coaching has been insanely creative. The playcalling has rolled the dice on a number of occasions. The Chiefs are playing as confidently as ever under Andy Reid because they truly believe they can win any game against anyone."

Did you notice what Dabol play sheet looked like seemed like a piece of notebook paper with scribbles on it.   The wildcat at start of game was clever but after catching Pats off balance on it once or twice he stuck with it.  Plus has Shady EVER throw. The football?  Did like flee flicker but defender played it perfectly 

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

How hard is it to understand that you can draw up the play....but the players have to execute it and our offensive talent is VERY BAD

Cant run a screen to save our lives

Cant pickup up the middle blitzes (blitz protection starts inside and you work your way out.....we are giving up INSIDE BLITZ SACKS

Nobody can get consistant separation....players are not open when they need to be

And this happens EVERY WEEK

Until the team retools the offense with wide receivers that are actually NFL talent and a offensive line that Shady doent run into the ass of the back of his offensive linemen and fall down because they cant run block....until we get blocking at the 2nd level....until we are not playing a retired golfer and a guy that cant stay away from throwing interceptions on the out route

We will continue to see this.....DEBOLL DOES NOT HAVE THE PLAYERS TO RUN HIS OFFENSE

They are nfl players.      Guess Daboll is your new guy to make excuses for 

• Like (+1) 1

Missed opportunities. The play where DA fumbled the snap he had Zay Jones coming across the middle of the field on a Post. He was WIDE open for an easy TD. Croom thought he was going to make a one handed catch when he could have secured the ball with two. Benjamin had a couple of key drops. Penalties at the most ill timed moments. I don't put this one on Daboll. Outside of the ridiculous trick plays he went to one too many times the gameplan wasn't that bad. I think we should pound the rock with Ivory more and use Shady the same way the Pats use White for the rest of the year. The pass pro and QB play is just bad right now. It's something we will see for 8 more games. 

6 hours ago, Braveheart said:

Nonsense. As OC your job is to put players in position to make plays! This guy's offense sucks and doesn't maximize the talent that they do have! As OC your job is to gain yards and score points in EVERY game like the rest of the league, or at the very least score points in SOME games. Not NO points in 7 games! Like I said, I should call the plays and Bills win this game easily!

After the good ount return by Hyde, Daboll called max protect and went deep, and a WR was running wide open for a corner of the end zone touchdown.  

Anderson fumbled the snap and got sacked. 

6 hours ago, Braveheart said:

Lol. This is seriously a joke. 0-3 points at the half...Again...for who knows how many games. 6 points total. OC needs to go! Since week 1! Team had plenty of chances to make plays on D- 3 dropped picks, missed fumble recovery. Gotta make plays. Make a play. 1 play.

2 plays:

1) 3rd & 8 and you run it!??? You're not fooling anyone trying to outsmart the Defense. You pass it for the first down and go for the Touchdown!

2) Big pass play to Benjamin. Next play, you run wildcat for -5!??? Terribleee play calling. With the momentum of a big play- You pass it again across the middle! Go after them and score a TD!

OC needs to go. I should call the plays and I'll take this team to the promised land!

It's not the OC...

51 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Over 300 yards passing.....  I saw some things I haven't seen before, but still the inability to score is just unbelievable......

teams gladly give up passing yards between the 20s in prevent D and hazmat suit garbagetime

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

How hard is it to understand that you can draw up the play....but the players have to execute it and our offensive talent is VERY BAD

Cant run a screen to save our lives

Cant pickup up the middle blitzes (blitz protection starts inside and you work your way out.....we are giving up INSIDE BLITZ SACKS

Nobody can get consistant separation....players are not open when they need to be

And this happens EVERY WEEK

Until the team retools the offense with wide receivers that are actually NFL talent and a offensive line that Shady doent run into the ass of the back of his offensive linemen and fall down because they cant run block....until we get blocking at the 2nd level....until we are not playing a retired golfer and a guy that cant stay away from throwing interceptions on the out route

We will continue to see this.....DEBOLL DOES NOT HAVE THE PLAYERS TO RUN HIS OFFENSE

Nonsense. His play calls suck. His Offense sucks. Enough said.

2 hours ago, Xwnyer said:

Did you notice what Dabol play sheet looked like seemed like a piece of notebook paper with scribbles on it.  

You beat me to it!  What in the world is going on?  And it was actually three hole punched! I didn’t think they even made paper like that anymore. One good gust of wind and there went the offense. Unfreaking believable.

5 hours ago, Bfanlc said:

Some of you guys dont understand. You can have the greatest scheme in the history of the NFL but without the players scheme is almost worthless. The Patriots aren't doing it with scheme. Derek Anderson or NP as the Patriot's QBs wouldn't have the record Brady does. I saw Daboll trying to throw new wrinkles in but there are NO weapons. No oline, no decent qb, and no decent wide receivers.  

I hope this is sarcasm. There are multiple nobodies who started for them and had success. Their schemes are a big part of their success.

6 hours ago, October 1918 said:

Talent versus coaching can be debated endlessly, but the empirical evidence shows that we have an offensive coordinator who has never had success anywhere he's been. The last time Brian Daboll was an NFL offensive coordinator was the 2012 Kansas City Chiefs. It was the only offense this decade to average fewer than 14 points per game (we're currently far worse at only 10.9 ppg). That 2-14 Chiefs team had Jamaal Charles at running back, Dwayne Bowe at wide receiver, 4 year starter Matt Cassel at QB, etc. Certainly enough talent to score every once in a while. The next season with mostly the same players (although with Alex Smith at QB) and Andy Reid calling plays, the Chiefs went 11-5, made the playoffs, and had one of the league's better offenses.

Of course we need more talent on offense, no one would argue otherwise. But, 4.5 seasons with 4 different teams and there is simply no evidence that Daboll has any idea what he is doing as an offensive coordinator. I have no doubt he could do better with more talent, but so could the universe of other potential offensive coordinators. The real question is: could someone else do better with this exact same collection of players? I think the answer is "yes."

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2018/01/15/brian-daboll-somehow-able-find-meaningful-nfl-work-2018/

Yes is correct. Chan Gailey did so, right here in Buffalo