Derek Anderson injury - in concussion protocol

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Augie said:

It’s certainly not personal. Like EJ, Peterman is supposedly a great guy. Not many people are NFL quality QB’s.The world needs about 64 of them, but 32 is 50% too many to ask for. 

My point exactly, it's our coaching/gm that evaluates the talent....and to this point on offense they have failed miserably, to a point to where if they didnt make the playoffs last year, the regime would have to go at this point.  They get one more year imo, but also imo I think they digged so big of a hole by their roster moves, they will not overcome the holes next year, even with the cap and draft picks unless they hit home runs across the board, which is very difficult 

1 minute ago, Nelius said:

Been thinking about this for weeks now as soon as people started seeming content with throwing away the season. This is why you never throw away a season. This defense is good right now. They're not guaranteed to be good whenever this" brain trust" figures out the offense...

Look at Jacksonville, they had a defence that helped one of the leagues worst offences and  Blake Bortles to almost upsetting the Patriots I  the playoffs last year and now they are very beatable. You cant take years to build a team anymore and throw seasons away . They have a very good defence now and an offence that may be close to one of the worst ever. Who knows what happens next year

7 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

The offense isn't the problem.  The defense is ahead of schedule and throwing the entire rebuild "process" out of balance. 

No, the offence is 100% the problem. Its one job is to score points, it has been inept at doing that and cant stay on the field. They could be near the division lead right now if they could put up a messily 20 points in a game, something even most bad teams can do

You do have to wonder what value Derek Anderson sees in playing for the Bills this year. According to spotrac, he made about $5.75 million holding a clipboard from 2015-17. And that's just the last 3 years.  Sure, he also brings home about three quarters of a million bucks playing out the string this year, but still ... is it worth it? It's not like he's chasing some kind of miracle playoff run. I think we saw how much saving his body is worth to him on that pick 6, where he wound up looking like he was running with the bulls instead of trying to actually trip up a bull.

1 hour ago, Livinginthepast said:

Anderson looked very beleaguered out there and that last series took 2 punishing shots. I cant believe those wouldn't hurt like hell  at 25, let alone at 35 . I wouldn't be surprised if he asked for his release from this horror show.  Why would you risk your long term health for this garbage?? 

It always amazes me Brady hardly gets hit by guys full speed. Why someone doesn’t hit him late at full force is besides me. 

Just now, Dr.Sack said:

It always amazes me Brady hardly gets hit by guys full speed. Why someone doesn’t hit him late at full force is besides me. 

His line gets to hold all day long - makes it next to impossible.  Some plays there are 3 major holds going on at the same time.  

2 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Kale juice and robot force fields. I hate him but his ability to never get hit is incredible.

1 hour ago, Livinginthepast said:

Anderson looked very beleaguered out there and that last series took 2 punishing shots. I cant believe those wouldn't hurt like hell  at 25, let alone at 35 . I wouldn't be surprised if he asked for his release from this horror show.  Why would you risk your long term health for this garbage?? 

I noticed he always stayed down quite awhile after each hit—that’s usually a big no no for a qb, isn’t it? Gotta bounce right up to show the D that they didn’t hit you hard enough, and pump up your own unit’s morale. Of course I can’t blame him I’m sure he hurts like crazy, but was definitely noticeable during the game 

2 minutes ago, BuffaloFan68 said:

His line gets to hold all day long - makes it next to impossible.  Some plays there are 3 major holds going on at the same time.  

In the 4th qtr tonight, i think it was 3rd and long, there were 2 holds by the left side right next to each other right in front of the ref. No call, 20 yard completion to Edelmen..lol...

25 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

I am not mad at peterman, but the idiot's that put him out there to embarrass him.  I'm sure he is giving 100%, but he is not Nfl quality. Put this on coaching and GM, bot Peterman 

I agree Peterman should not be on the team anymore, but what makes you think Anderson is "NFL quality" ?

He's not.  We've seen it now.  And it makes a lot of sense.  He was a middling talent when he was younger and now he's old and a year removed from his playing days.  Only in Buffalo would this guy see the field in a starting role.

To suggest he gives us a better chance to win than Colin Kaepernick, for example, is absurd.  Not trying to make this about Keep but this team cannot start Anderson again IMO.

If they do, you'll know they are truly tanking, i.e., deliberately creating a roster that, if it plays to the best of its ability, will consistently lose.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

I agree Peterman should not be on the team anymore, but what makes you think Anderson is "NFL quality" ?

He's not.  We've seen it now.  And it makes a lot of sense.  He was a middling talent when he was younger and now he's old and a year removed from his playing days.  Only in Buffalo would this guy see the field in a starting role.

To suggest he gives us a better chance to win than Colin Kaepernick, for example, is absurd.  Not trying to make this about Keep but this team cannot start Anderson again IMO.

If they do, you'll know they are truly tanking, i.e., deliberately creating a roster that, if it plays to the best of its ability, will consistently lose.

At least Anderson has had some success in the NFL as a starter in his career and has done it before. 

As for Kaep, doesnt matter if he would be an improvement or not, he is blackballed and will never play in the league again. He already said Buffalo of all places treated him The worst when he played their against them. He is done in the league and has been out longer then Anderson, it would most likely take the rest of the season just to shake off any rust to get back to playing.

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

I disagree;  Peterman is a much more proficient passer than Anderson.  He's more proficient than Allen too.

But then you have the INT issue....which does change the equation, and it doesn't seem to be improving.

Its that arm, floats like butterfly, stings like an interception. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DRA3196 said:

This offense situation is pathetic. I think we deserve an apology from McDermott, Beane and the Pegula's

I don't need an apology, I just want an acknowledgment that they they know they ***** up.

They've been ***** up for like a decade. Yet they are arrogant. 

Pegula is no Jerry Buss.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Kind of my whole point, the Qb situation, under a different staff that got us to the playoffs, would be a fireable offense

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I swear If they start him ever again I may go to the pitchfork store.  I’m tolerant of a rebuild to a point, but Np  doesn’t belong anywhere above an NFL practice squad and even that’s a stretch 

I was surprised there wasn't more booing when he came in.  Then they showed a shot of the crowd and it looked like most people had left at that point.

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills can address WR and OL in FA and then with the draft they can get another CB, LB, DT and a speed WR and possibly a RB and be ready to roll come next year. 

The Bills needed to clear cap space this year and just deal with a crappy O.