Bills vs. Patriots MNF Postgame

My observations after watching the game at a famous Cincinnati area sports bar which serves decent wings:

*  At least the Bills weren't humiliated on MNF like many of us thought they might be.

*  Bills fans and the stadium came across great on the big screen TV.  The crowd was loud and the place was packed.  How many times when they scan NFL stadiums do you see rows of empty seats nowadays.  Tonight the Ralph was jam packed with an assortment of colorful characters.  The red heat lamp seating zone looked eerie on TV and is unlike anything I've ever seen before.  The halftime shots with the stadium darkened and the phone lights shimmering in the air was cool. 

*  The Bills defense was outstanding.  To hold the Pats to less then 20 points and only 1 TD was a great nights work. 

*  The Bills offense is beyond woeful.  Don't be fooled by Anderson's numbers - he's a savvy vet who on 3rd & 13 will take that 8 yard pass all day long.  Over the course of a game going to the check down guy on 3rd down will plump up the stats but do nothing to converts 3rd downs.  Then when the game is out of reach Anderson knows how to milk a prevent defense for another 75 - 100 yards yet never actually sniff the end zone.  Throw in a pick 6 that effectively ended the game and the Bills are putting an historically bad offense on the field.

*  Oh & I forgot to note that I don't think the Bills got to the red zone the entire game.  Chew on that for a moment and keep in mind that the Pat's D is below average.

*  It was interesting how the announcer kept calling out the fact that the Bills WR's & TE's got absolutely NO separation.   

*  Tonight's game provided further support to me that Shady is the ONLY Bills offensive skill player that would start for ANY OTHER NFL TEAM. 

*  Why with less then 2 minutes to play and down by 19 were the Bills having Anderson throw the ball?  Were they trying to get him hurt?  What on earth were they thinking? 

• Like (+1) 2

I've gone from excitement to despair and now anger these past 8 weeks. How in the hell can the Pegulas sit back and watch as these 2 clowns in charge of the Bills operate the team like they are feckless teenagers? Derek Anderson is an embarrassment to this franchise. He has no place whatsoever on this team or any other NFL team. Peterman should have been cut before the season started. No hope whatsoever on the O line. Terrible special teams (except for Hauschka). They pick a decent prospect in Allen then throw him to the wolves and get him hurt. Its one intensely stupid thing after another and we deserve so much better as fans.

• Like (+1) 2

We're all naturally going to overreact after such a horrific performance, but I was glad to see McDermott's defense respond the way they did after being embarrassed in Indy.

With the sh*tshow at QB and on the offensive side of the ball at large, his ONLY hope as a HC is to create terrific defensive gameplans. He did that tonight.

This team desperately needs a QB. I feel like I've said that before. 

As an aside, what Tyrod Taylor did with last year's offensive roster was downright miraculous. He wasn't the long term answer, but the time has come for people to appreciate him for what he was.