Has any team ever botched offensive personnel like this front office?

21 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Let it die.     He died before week 3 was over.   

We we understand that a pocket of you guys are super angry over Allen’s 2-3 record through 5 games. 

JA's the only one on the roster that can do something . Only quarterback that can move the chains on this offense is an athletic QB that says **** it, nobody's open, if I throw it to their tiny catch radius they either drop it, pop it up for a pick, or catch! and fumble, or make their best catch of the season called back for a holding penalty.. I'm running it baby! 

Russel Wilson might be the only quarterback on the planet that could win with this team.

Tyrod would at least be a poor man's Wilson (very poor man's).. Josh Allen might learn some good (or bad) habits playing this way, but I like a guy that can scrub a toilet with some dirty water and a tooth brush. 

Oh and some guy named Kaepernick.. literally the only way to get first downs on offense. I know we want that Dan Marino pocket golden boy, but man.. an uninjured JA playing week 1 all throughout the season running through MLBs smaller than him would squeeze out an okay record with this defense.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

I'd have done a couple different things, I'd have gone after John Sullivan in free agency instead of Bodine he'd be my starting center. I'd have jettisoned Vlad and probably gone with Teller, that or gone after Justin Pugh (who's been injured but was a solid free agent target guard).   

I'd have not signed Star so I had money to sign my two olinemen.   But looking back, there was really not much we could have done with respect to the WRs, so really we would be in the exact same boat we are now.

Except for Bridgewater, I'd have signed him instead of letting him go to the Jets.    No McCarron.  

18 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

If we had an average starting NFL QB we could be 5-3 right now and in the playoff race.

We have an elite defense and elite special teams. 

Our QBs have been our Achilles Heel. 

I agree, but it wouldn't be a conventional QB, the guy has to have some athleticism (and of course pocket awareness).. Josh Allen's inexperience at making presnap calls, shifting protection is his achilles heel at making his offense maybe get a first down every other possession

3 hours ago, twoandfourteen said:

What makes you think these two guys (who have already proven to have no clue) will suddenly figure it out? Cut ties now, don't waste time. 

They have assembled an almost impossibly bad offense. That will not be fixed in one or two offseasons. 

Offense wins football games. Period. 

All of their BS about "defense" and "running the ball" and "field position" should cause Uncle Terry to show them the door immediately. 

I didn't say they would figure it out.  Right now we dont know.  And if you think a coach should be fired after a year and a half after taking a team to the playoffs for the first time in almost 20 years you are the one who doesnt have a clue.

And again can you answer why you think Uncle Terry is going to get it right this time?  If they did fire McDermott youd be here on two years saying the samething.

And Idk McDermott might not be the guy but a coach should get three years.  And answer me this...where has the constant hiring and firing of coaches got this team?  

1 hour ago, jrober38 said:

Tyrod is a much better QB right now than anyone on our roster. 

I believe they actually thought McCoy would be the same runner without Tyrod. I believe they actually thought Peterman would be better passing the football because he'd throw it quickly. I believe they're inept football people.

56 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I agree, but it wouldn't be a conventional QB, the guy has to have some athleticism (and of course pocket awareness).. Josh Allen's inexperience at making presnap calls, shifting protection is his achilles heel at making his offense maybe get a first down every other possession

This is coaching.

Just now, CuddyDark said:

I believe they actually thought McCoy would be the same runner without Tyrod. I believe they actually thought Peterman would be better passing the football because he'd throw it quickly. I believe they're inept football people.

Agreed.

Since McDermott has been HC he's made numerous terrible decisions on the offensive side of the football. There's little evidence he knows how to evaluate QBs or WRs or even offensive linemen.

McDermott is Jauron 2.0. A super conservative HC whose defenses play hard but is constantly plagued by inept offense. 

3 hours ago, CuddyDark said:

This is coaching.

absolutely, that's one flaw I'm perfectly okay with, can be easily fixed. But he is pretty bad at it, even for a rook. Wentz was doing this from day one.. I mean, it's not like they didn't have to do the same thing in college, so that's worrisome. Idk if JA had that issue in college, but I seriously doubt it. I'd bet it's 100% nerves being in the NFL afraid to change anything your OC set up assuming he had a crystal ball calling protections.. I never see quarterbacks have this issue for very long, so he just needs a QB coach barking in his ear about it. If that's not happening, that's godawful coaching. If it is, JA needs to listen as it really shouldn't take long to at least make some coverage adjustments.

Just bringing it up because there were sacks where a safety was clearly blitzing, the defense was loaded on one side, and JA seems to never make blocking assignments. I remember a safety blitz in particular where the announcers were saying he HAS to see that.. even if it's a disguised zone, assign Shady away from his wheel route on your left, put him on the safety side on the right, and assign a rub route or just a read block to run the wheel on the side of the safety if he's disguising the blitz or chill and block the safety if he is blitzing.

Noticed the announcers were saying the blitzers had a huge advantage, because they were showing blitz, then blitzing, with JA not accounting for it. If you're showing blitz.. AND blitzing then you're getting to the quarterback so much faster. If JA isn't making that presnap read, there's no point in disguising a blitz lol. Just do it.

How many times can I say blitz in a post...

10 hours ago, nucci said:

Yes, it is....they are wasting a playoff defense yet again. Made the playoffs last year with a below average offense and instead of building on that, made it worse. You can't expect this offense to be fixed in one off-season. You can't neglect one side of the ball. In 2 years most likely Williams, Alexander and Hughes will be gone. Will this FO sign Tre White to a big long term contract....

With what.  They are cap straped.  I f things dont improve over the next few years Ill be with you.  But I dont expect a championship in year 2.  I suppose last year was the result of all the great talent we had or was our 9-7 season after dumping over priced players and people who didnt want to be here a result of coaching. BTW amazing you expect the ream to compete with the big boys right away but you say yourself things dont happen in a single offseason.  Think about your own words.  Personally I still like Zay.  I think Teller will be a beast.  We just drafted Dawkins last year.  I like Ray-Ray.  If Allen continues to progress we have our franchise QB.  Beane did something others refused to do.  He traded up and took a swing for a QB.  Whether it works out or not he took a shot.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

7 hours ago, Skins Malone said:

I didn't say they would figure it out.  Right now we dont know.  And if you think a coach should be fired after a year and a half after taking a team to the playoffs for the first time in almost 20 years you are the one who doesnt have a clue.

And again can you answer why you think Uncle Terry is going to get it right this time?  If they did fire McDermott youd be here on two years saying the samething.

And Idk McDermott might not be the guy but a coach should get three years.  And answer me this...where has the constant hiring and firing of coaches got this team?  

Yes, he did "take" this team to the playoffs. But let's not act like McD jumped in a phone booth to put on his cape, led the team to a strong 12-4 record with a bunch of decisive complete victories over good teams, and secured a playoff spot in week 15. 

The reality is that he was responsible for steering his team to be in a position to benefit from an Andy Dalton miracle TD pass in a game in which the Bills were not participating. 

These are two VERY different scenarios.

I don't know if he'll get it right this time. What I do know is that I very much believe he got it wrong the last time and like any good businessman, he needs to recognize this is a bad investment and cut his losses. If the new coach & GM they hire turn out to not be good at their jobs too, then yes -- I would definitely be back here saying the same thing until they stumble upon the right people. 

Stop hiring coaches & GMs that come in to an interview talking about "run & stop the run", "defense", "ball control", and "field position". Only hire coaches who talk about scoring lots of points and understanding the risk/reward of 4th down. Problem solved. 

17 hours ago, Skins Malone said:

I always find the Fire Them Now responses hilarious.  What makes you confident at all that this Organization will get anyone better...the Marrone debacle?  The Rex Ryan circus?  I get the frustration but two things...one...they are not getting fired and everyone knows that...two please explain why you think the organization will hire better?  Certainly shouldnt be their track record and now you want a coach and GM to be fired before their second year?  Good lord people...think.

...imagine how much bandwidth we could free up with a "PG-13 Forum" solely dedicated to this type of crap?......CERTAINLY brings back memories of the BBMB "Fisher-Price Wi-Fi Gang" posting during nap time........

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I seriously can’t think of a front offense that has botched one side of the ball so badly...I’m sure John Gruden will try but man 

I havve never seen a worse offense on the NFL ever. This is Really bad. 

9 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Because they at least believe they have a plan and firing them after a season and a half is beyond stupid. 

You are arguing with a bunch of retarded children throwing a temper tantrum. It’s really not worth the effort. Anybody with even a partial brain knows they get next year to continue molding the team. The simple fact is if Allen works out they stay, if he falters they are most likely done. If they can’t re tool the offense with the cap room and draft, they will be gone. But these idiots are going to continue to B word the rest of this year, they will soil their diapers crying when we don’t go 7-9 for the next few seasons which to them is more important than trying  to build for future success. Again not worth arguing over...

45 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

Yes, he did "take" this team to the playoffs. But let's not act like McD jumped in a phone booth to put on his cape, led the team to a strong 12-4 record with a bunch of decisive complete victories over good teams, and secured a playoff spot in week 15. 

The reality is that he was responsible for steering his team to be in a position to benefit from an Andy Dalton miracle TD pass in a game in which the Bills were not participating. 

These are two VERY different scenarios.

I don't know if he'll get it right this time. What I do know is that I very much believe he got it wrong the last time and like any good businessman, he needs to recognize this is a bad investment and cut his losses. If the new coach & GM they hire turn out to not be good at their jobs too, then yes -- I would definitely be back here saying the same thing until they stumble upon the right people. 

Stop hiring coaches & GMs that come in to an interview talking about "run & stop the run", "defense", "ball control", and "field position". Only hire coaches who talk about scoring lots of points and understanding the risk/reward of 4th down. Problem solved. 

You can stop with the Andy Dalton crap Moose Knuckle, if that game happened in week one it has the same effect as week 17. The fact is he did what he needed to do, as happens every year for every wild card team. 

1 hour ago, formerlyofCtown said:

With what.  They are cap straped.  I f things dont improve over the next few years Ill be with you.  But I dont expect a championship in year 2.  I suppose last year was the result of all the great talent we had or was our 9-7 season after dumping over priced players and people who didnt want to be here a result of coaching. BTW amazing you expect the ream to compete with the big boys right away but you say yourself things dont happen in a single offseason.  Think about your own words.  Personally I still like Zay.  I think Teller will be a beast.  We just drafted Dawkins last year.  I like Ray-Ray.  If Allen continues to progress we have our franchise QB.  Beane did something others refused to do.  He traded up and took a swing for a QB.  Whether it works out or not he took a shot.

Playoff teams don't need to suck ass the following year. We have the same defense that carried us. Just a simple question, why can't we evaluate our strengths and weaknesses and beef up the weakness?

Unless we're dying for a high pick (which if that's what you want, i can deal with that answer and respectfully disagree). But to say we couldn't have gotten better.. I don't believe that's true. KB and Matthews failures set us up for a bad WR corp sure.. 

Cap strung? We could have paid star money on 2 okay O-Line players, grabbed John Brown, drafted primarily offense. If we had just made moves on the offensive side. We were cap strung last year and this year, that's how GMs work, they add a few players to fill a weakness, we didn't.. other than QB.

I've echoed the that dude's sentiment as well. We have a rare opportunity to capitalize on fantastic secondary contracts. It's not mutually exclusive to make playoffs and Improve. I'd have seen we got by on a good secondary, and passed on Edmunds for Ridley.. love him, but can improve there next year no?

Suddenly we have an offense where we have a slight idea what Josh can do. Got better in our rebuild, and spend all our dough on both sides of the ball cause all this CAP I'm hearing about having next year needs to be spread around.. since top quality FAs are rare and won't magically turn out to be a treasure of O Line and WRs.

And mostly don't have this defense in a losing culture where they just spent a season knowing they're likely to lose games when they play top notch football regardless.

5 hours ago, Fred Clause said:

You are arguing with a bunch of retarded children throwing a temper tantrum. It’s really not worth the effort. Anybody with even a partial brain knows they get next year to continue molding the team. The simple fact is if Allen works out they stay, if he falters they are most likely done. If they can’t re tool the offense with the cap room and draft, they will be gone. But these idiots are going to continue to B word the rest of this year, they will soil their diapers crying when we don’t go 7-9 for the next few seasons which to them is more important than trying  to build for future success. Again not worth arguing over...

You can stop with the Andy Dalton crap Moose Knuckle, if that game happened in week one it has the same effect as week 17. The fact is he did what he needed to do, as happens every year for every wild card team. 

Ok, great.

My point still stands -- the Bills did not control their own destiny. 

8 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Jauron thinking that a no-huttle led by Trent was pretty funny, the fired Turk Schonert 3 days before the season started. 

The 2013 Bills drafted Manuel and had him compete against Kevin Kolb, Thad Lewis, Jeff Tuel with a rookie HC and rookie OC who was also doubling as the QB Coach...

This flashback to games where they went with a quick snap O and were off the field in literally 3 minutes of real time for consecutive series,  a wonder the D didn’t mutiny and make the coaches walk the plank

Edited by row_33

19 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Allen is gonna be awesome after some lineman and another wideout are added. 

2019 is gonna suck for you.     

Based on what?

Because you're a Bills fan? 

Blind faith is a hell of a drug.

10 hours ago, Fred Clause said:

You are arguing with a bunch of retarded children throwing a temper tantrum. 

Wow... retarded children, and not only are they retarded children, they're retarded children that are also throwing a temper tantrum. Which is a really weird sentence. I don't think I've ever thought "hey that kid with disabilities is really annoying over their throwing that temper tantrum". It's just a bit gratuitous.

I've noticed this trend in people who are Beane and McDermott fans. They get really angry when you criticize them. Yesterday some guy, I think he was serious, he accused me of being mentally ill.

Maybe I am, I don't know. Maybe he's a really smart guy, but the retarded children and posts like that other dude was making just make you look bad.

I'm guilty of saying dumb things too. But damn I've never put retarded children throwing temper tantrums into a sentence. That's some next level stuff.

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Playoff teams don't need to suck ass the following year. We have the same defense that carried us. Just a simple question, why can't we evaluate our strengths and weaknesses and beef up the weakness?

Unless we're dying for a high pick (which if that's what you want, i can deal with that answer and respectfully disagree). But to say we couldn't have gotten better.. I don't believe that's true. KB and Matthews failures set us up for a bad WR corp sure.. 

Cap strung? We could have paid star money on 2 okay O-Line players, grabbed John Brown, drafted primarily offense. If we had just made moves on the offensive side. We were cap strung last year and this year, that's how GMs work, they add a few players to fill a weakness, we didn't.. other than QB.

I've echoed the that dude's sentiment as well. We have a rare opportunity to capitalize on fantastic secondary contracts. It's not mutually exclusive to make playoffs and Improve. I'd have seen we got by on a good secondary, and passed on Edmunds for Ridley.. love him, but can improve there next year no?

Suddenly we have an offense where we have a slight idea what Josh can do. Got better in our rebuild, and spend all our dough on both sides of the ball cause all this CAP I'm hearing about having next year needs to be spread around.. since top quality FAs are rare and won't magically turn out to be a treasure of O Line and WRs.

And mostly don't have this defense in a losing culture where they just spent a season knowing they're likely to lose games when they play top notch football regardless.

We lost two ProBowl caliber OL.  First your build your defense.  Then you build your offense and then you insert your young QB.  Unless of coarse you get fooled by Peterman and jump the gun with a trade of the QB you figured would start.  Then you insert your young QB and hope he gets injured before his confidence is completely destroyed.

We are in good shape I believe.  Give it another season and a half.  This coming draft is supposed to be deep at WR hopefully we don't give up a bounty of picks to go up and get the best one only to have him go through 3 years of injuries.