Has any team ever botched offensive personnel like this front office?

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Historically bad. I’d guess no, and that’s saying something. The Bills all time worst point differential of -210 is within their sights. 

The 1980 Saints had to be worse, half the team was freebasing in the locker room at half time

• Haha (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

Anybody saying that our coach and GM need to be fired ... please stop. They took us to the playoffs last year and this is a REBUILD.

It does not happen in one season.

No. 

This is not a "rebuild". 

What we are watching is professional incompetence. 

A "rebuild" would show some signs of progress here and there. What we are watching is the result of the "vision" put forward by a GM & head coach that have absolutely no idea what they are doing with the only two things that truly matter in professional football -- the offense & the QB. 

They have managed to produce one of the worst offenses in NFL history at a time when records are being smashed regularly. They passed on a potential all-time great in Pat Mahomes. They passed on a franchise QB in Watson. They have managed to put the team so far behind on Offense that by the time they get it to a "functional" level (if), the defense they assembled will be no good. It's absolutely backwards to build a defense first and shows that the Mgmt has no grasp on the current state of the game. 

Fire them both and start again. Keep Allen and draft another QB next year. Let those two fight it out and then trade the other one later on. You have to get the QB right before anything else. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

No. 

This is not a "rebuild". 

What we are watching is professional incompetence. 

A "rebuild" would show some signs of progress here and there. What we are watching is the result of the "vision" put forward by a GM & head coach that have absolutely no idea what they are doing with the only two things that truly matter in professional football -- the offense & the QB. 

They have managed to produce one of the worst offenses in NFL history at a time when records are being smashed regularly. They passed on a potential all-time great in Pat Mahomes. They passed on a franchise QB in Watson. They have managed to put the team so far behind on Offense that by the time they get it to a "functional" level (if), the defense they assembled will be no good. It's absolutely backwards to build a defense first and shows that the Mgmt has no grasp on the current state of the game. 

Fire them both and start again. Keep Allen and draft another QB next year. Let those two fight it out and then trade the other one later on. You have to get the QB right before anything else. 

Uh oh, Fan #3847271 wants em fired, I guess Terry better get a move on! 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, twoandfourteen said:

Nope. Which is why McD & BB need to be fired. 

This offense is inexcusable. 

How many drives has it been since they've scored a TD? It's almost 60 now. 

I always find the Fire Them Now responses hilarious.  What makes you confident at all that this Organization will get anyone better...the Marrone debacle?  The Rex Ryan circus?  I get the frustration but two things...one...they are not getting fired and everyone knows that...two please explain why you think the organization will hire better?  Certainly shouldnt be their track record and now you want a coach and GM to be fired before their second year?  Good lord people...think.

• Thank you (+1) 1

There's a thread already created about how bad we are.

But...In 1971, our point differential was -210, easily our worst in franchise history.

At the halfway pole this year, we are leading the league with a -113.

So we're on pace for worst point differential in franchise history.

For example.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Perry Turtle said:

Nothing.  Fans who claim they are tanking mistake the NFL for the NHL or NBA where there is a huge dropoff after the top few guys in the 1st round.

There is no huge dropoff in the NFL if you don't have a Bruce Smith at the top of the draft.

No team tanks the year AFTER they draft their franchise QB. 

This is pure incompetence.  This front office believed that Nate Peterman is a NFL starting QB.  They believed that Benjamin was a #1 receiver.  They believed that Zay Jones was worth trading up for.  They don't believe in speed at the skill positions.

In the 2018 NFL where offensive records are being set around the league, the Bills are run by a staff whose offensive philosophy is stuck in the 1960s.

This is correct, tanking in the NFL is not a thing like it is in other leagues.  McBeane are simply morons...

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Perry Turtle said:

Nothing.  Fans who claim they are tanking mistake the NFL for the NHL or NBA where there is a huge dropoff after the top few guys in the 1st round.

There is no huge dropoff in the NFL if you don't have a Bruce Smith at the top of the draft.

No team tanks the year AFTER they draft their franchise QB. 

This is pure incompetence.  This front office believed that Nate Peterman is a NFL starting QB.  They believed that Benjamin was a #1 receiver.  They believed that Zay Jones was worth trading up for.  They don't believe in speed at the skill positions.

In the 2018 NFL where offensive records are being set around the league, the Bills are run by a staff whose offensive philosophy is stuck in the 1960s.

If Terry Pegula has a PULSE, there will be harsh consequences for this nonsense - the fans deserve far better than the gross negligence we keep seeing on the field.  We'll find out soon enough.

6 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I seriously can’t think of a front offense that has botched one side of the ball so badly...I’m sure John Gruden will try but man 

Offense is on next years to do list.  Unless you believe they broke Woods neck and fed Richy some dope that made him lose his mind this really isnt their doing.

6 hours ago, Billznut said:

It’s called tanking. Pegula has already signed off on it. How does anybody not see that by now? McBeane is 100% safe. THIS is the plan. WAYYYY too much overthinking here. 

They aren't tanking genius. Honestly, they did more last year to make you believe a tank was happening.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Offense is on next years to do list.  Unless you believe they broke Woods neck and fed Richy some dope that made him lose his mind this really isnt their doing.

Isn't their doing? This is exactly their doing. Only Wood was excusable. Every other move was done intentionally, they told Richie take less or get out of Dodge, and HE DID! They told Tyrod we would rather have a rookie and Nathan Shitterman and it was a disaster. We trusted KB and Zay to be our top wideouts and KB is lazy, no effort, and didn't even know where to lineup. We went INTO the off-season down at OL. What did we do? NADA! Can we stop acting like all of this happened spontaneously a week before the season? 

These idiots inherited the #1 running game, destroyed it, and now we have the worst offense since 2000 and are on our second offensive coordinator with the rawest QB first round pick this century. Don't ***** tell me they didn't do this. Next year it will be the first year of a brand new offense and personnel, there's the excuse for next year. When will we be good? 2025?

Edited by Elite Poster
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

Isn't their doing? This is exactly their doing. Only Wood was excusable. Every other move was done intentionally, they told Richie take less or get out of Dodge, and HE DID! They told Tyrod we would rather have a rookie and Nathan Shitterman and it was a disaster. We trusted KB and Zay to be our top wideouts and KB is lazy, no effort, and didn't even know where to lineup. We went INTO the off-season down at OL. What did we do? NADA! Can we stop acting like all of this happened spontaneously a week before the season? 

These idiots inherited the #1 running game, destroyed it, and now we have the worst offense since 2000 and are on our second offensive coordinator with the rawest QB first round pick this century. Don't ***** tell me they didn't do this. 

For some reason there is an assumption made here by your average kool aid drinking Bills fan that the organization is dealing with a series of hardships that were thrown at them as some sort of force majeure.   Like a hurricane that comes out of nowhere and is unforeseeable and unpreventable.  And so the Bills are just in "disaster recovery" mode this year but it will get better down the road.

As you point out, Elite, this is total horse *****. A number of factors impacting the team negatively this year are an outcome of this team's decisions, the most important of which is the disaster situation at QB.  And that is 100% the end result of a series of Bills' decisions at that position going back a couple of years.

It is McD's show here; Beane is his errand boy.  And McD doesn't know what he's doing. 

The proof is what we see on the field. 

@ fifth worst team in the league right now with more losses almost guaranteed if Allen remains out, and hardly assured if he returns.  

Still on target for the bottom 3 finish I predicted after Week 1. 

Edited by Fadingpain
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

These idiots inherited the #1 running game, destroyed it, and now we have the worst offense since 2000 and are on our second offensive coordinator with the rawest QB first round pick this century. Don't ***** tell me they didn't do this. Next year it will be the first year of a brand new offense and personnel, there's the excuse for next year. When will we be good? 2025?

I see Tyrod is on his way to another MVP season

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Skins Malone said:

I always find the Fire Them Now responses hilarious.  What makes you confident at all that this Organization will get anyone better...the Marrone debacle?  The Rex Ryan circus?  I get the frustration but two things...one...they are not getting fired and everyone knows that...two please explain why you think the organization will hire better?  Certainly shouldnt be their track record and now you want a coach and GM to be fired before their second year?  Good lord people...think.

What makes you think these two guys (who have already proven to have no clue) will suddenly figure it out? Cut ties now, don't waste time. 

They have assembled an almost impossibly bad offense. That will not be fixed in one or two offseasons. 

Offense wins football games. Period. 

All of their BS about "defense" and "running the ball" and "field position" should cause Uncle Terry to show them the door immediately. 

12 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I see Tyrod is on his way to another MVP season

That's not the point but I'm glad you've fixated on that! Nobody is saying Tyrod is amazing but wouldn't you rather have Allen learning behind someone who can actually play the ***** position? What is Allen learning behind Nathan Peterpickerman and Derek "Pick 6" Anderson? Tell me what he is learning. 

• Like (+1) 1