For the sake of the potential #1 overall pick, start Peterman

18 hours ago, JPP said:

ummm....where did i say peterman was better???reading comprehension should not be ignored.....you are debating about 2 of the worst qb's paying?  why even bother...

This all stemmed from us talking about how many Ws we'd get. You said "we won't get 2 or 3 more no matter who's starting."

Well, 2 or 3 more wins gives us 4 or 5 wins and we're not likely in the top 3 or even top 5 in the draft.

Anderson is more capable than Peterman. He sucks, but not as much as Peterman.

Hell, for chunks of last night's game, our passing game was almost existent. And the guy has only been in Buffalo for 3 weeks.

He'll never be good for Buffalo, but compared to Peterman, he might look like an All-pro by the end of the season if he were given all the reps.

With our Defense and remaining schedule, a QB who sucks a little less might be the difference between the 3rd pick and the 13th pick.

Comprehend?

14 hours ago, Tcali said:

Bills D plays great every other game

they werent elite vs indy...or SD for a half...or Balt

So for 9 quarters they weren't Elite. 

For 23 quarters they were.

Fine, sorry. 

Our Defense has been Elite 72% of the season and has been bad 28% of the season.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

On 10/29/2018 at 11:19 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

If Allen is out til after the bye and perhaps the whole season and we're really looking to the future...

start Peterman.

Anderson might not have the stats, but if you're watching him, we will absolutely win 6 or 7 games this season even after this Patriots loss. Our defense is soooooo damn good and Anderson looks like he's starting to get a little more comfortable... yes, I know what his stats are.

So, let's make everyone happy... the Peterman guys... the tank guys....

well... I guess not the "win now" guys-- I was one of those.

But... can't please everyone.

Start Peterman!!!

Got your wish :lol:

9 hours ago, Skins Malone said:

Wheres the give up? Looked like he thought the guy juked the other way.  He was at least running.  Be nice if they showed the full graphic I did not see that play.

As I saw it, and others have made the same comment, he "turned the wrong way" giving an impression he gave up. 

You can turn your head to look the other way w/o changing the angle of the path you are running.  Had he not "juked" himself it wouldn't be a discussion. 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

6 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

As I saw it, and others have made the same comment, he "turned the wrong way" giving an impression he gave up. 

You can turn your head to look the other way w/o changing the angle of the path you are running.  Had he not "juked" himself it wouldn't be a discussion. 

Idk it's not a big deal to me either way.  Hes a QB.  I didnt see it as giving up.  The world may never know.

1 hour ago, Skins Malone said:

Idk it's not a big deal to me either way.  Hes a QB.  I didnt see it as giving up.  The world may never know.

true.  Live at than moment the reactions is much different than days later and calmer emotions,  I do see your point very well today.  

13 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

This all stemmed from us talking about how many Ws we'd get. You said "we won't get 2 or 3 more no matter who's starting."

Well, 2 or 3 more wins gives us 4 or 5 wins and we're not likely in the top 3 or even top 5 in the draft.

Anderson is more capable than Peterman. He sucks, but not as much as Peterman.

Hell, for chunks of last night's game, our passing game was almost existent. And the guy has only been in Buffalo for 3 weeks.

He'll never be good for Buffalo, but compared to Peterman, he might look like an All-pro by the end of the season if he were given all the reps.

With our Defense and remaining schedule, a QB who sucks a little less might be the difference between the 3rd pick and the 13th pick.

Comprehend?

So for 9 quarters they weren't Elite. 

For 23 quarters they were.

Fine, sorry. 

Our Defense has been Elite 72% of the season and has been bad 28% of the season.

i love what our D has done this year.But 'elite' defenses dont look like absolute crap for 2 and 1/2 games out of 8.

Well, upon reflection, I think the Giants or Raiders will have the #1 pick.

So how about AJ Brown in the top 5? 

We're still going to need crappy QB play for the rest of the season to lock up even a top 5 pick. Our schedule is just too easy for. The 2d half of the season and our defense is just too damn good.

On 10/30/2018 at 6:27 AM, John from Riverside said:

The problem with that is you would lose the locker room......

They are losing on purpose...but you cant tell that to the players because you dont want the D to pack it in....you want them to biuld off this season on defense going into next when reinforcements on offense will almost certainly have to come.

ppl just dont have the patience for it...I get it...but that is what is happening

Well, now the coaches can just say there's no better healthy option :thumbsup:

7 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

We're still going to need crappy QB play for the rest of the season to lock up even a top 5 pick. Our schedule is just too easy for. The 2d half of the season and our defense is just too damn good.

Do you think we can’t pull that off???      ?

On 10/29/2018 at 11:20 PM, CaptnCoke11 said:

Anderson just as bad.  Don’t worry 

If Peterman makes it 13 years in the league, maybe you'll have a point.

He's on year 2, won't see 3. And 2 looks like 2 too many. I'm not a fan of Anderson at all. Peterman is in his own plateau of bad. 

On 10/30/2018 at 12:18 PM, ShadyBillsFan said:

Oh he gave up on that idea 1000%  

better than not at all.    ;)

He's the second coming of Kyle Orton. I said that right after he ran out of bounds against the Colts instead of throwing it away. Throwing it away meant... maybe he'd get hit. He's Kyle Orton's slide 2.0. Maybe I should change my username to that.

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

The giants would beat us by 20. You're underestimating how bad the offense is this year.

They can't score, on anyone. They could lose 20-0 to the giants, Tre could lock down Odell, the pass rush could be great. They'll still give up points. The issue is, they can't score at all. If they did 7 game series in the NFL I wouldn't take the Bills over any team. That's how bad the offense is. 

Don't worry, we're picking top 5. Easy schedule? That won't get in the way of this team. You realize every other team sees the Bills on the schedule and is thinking that's a win. Who could the Bills honestly do that with in the league? 

They're that bad. The Vikings and Tennessee game were aberrations. Vikings because they'd never beat a team that bad again, and Tennessee because it was what? A 13-12 game? That doesn't exist anymore. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B

31 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I like Marquise better. I think Hill and Cooks have dispelled the myth that a receiver needs to be 6-4. These quick twitch guys have become more valuable as the field has opened up with modern offenses.

It would be just like us to take the wrong Brown.

On 10/30/2018 at 4:05 PM, BullBuchanan said:

Anderson did that before you were probably born. At this point in time, Anderson is as bad or worse.

No, he's not.

What Anderson was able to string together after less than 3 weeks in this offense was still much more impressive than what we saw from Peterman after a full offseason.

I'm sorry your boy sucks and everyone knows that even the prospect of starting him this season week 1 was an utter and absolute Epic Fail.

That said, I'll still root for him to win on Sunday... as much for his own psyche as the team itself.

But that's my heart and gut, which never root against the Bills.

My head knows we aren't going anywhere this year and a top 5 pick would be helpful long term.

My head knows Peterman would be very helpful in achieving more Losses more than any other QB on our roster.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/29/2018 at 10:19 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

If Allen is out til after the bye and perhaps the whole season and we're really looking to the future...

start Peterman.

Anderson might not have the stats, but if you're watching him, we will absolutely win 6 or 7 games this season even after this Patriots loss. Our defense is soooooo damn good and Anderson looks like he's starting to get a little more comfortable... yes, I know what his stats are.

So, let's make everyone happy... the Peterman guys... the tank guys....

well... I guess not the "win now" guys-- I was one of those.

But... can't please everyone.

Start Peterman!!!

Are we pretending that Allen or Anderson don't give us just as good a chance as #1 overall as Peterman? 

Either way, unless the Raiders or Giants start winning, we're unlikely to get #1 overall. Top 5 though? Definitely.

Who would we even take #1 overall? Probably nobody, just trade back & hopefully snag as many O-linemen & WR's as possible.

Edited by BigDingus
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Ol Dirty B said:

The giants would beat us by 20. You're underestimating how bad the offense is this year.

They can't score, on anyone. They could lose 20-0 to the giants, Tre could lock down Odell, the pass rush could be great. They'll still give up points. The issue is, they can't score at all. If they did 7 game series in the NFL I wouldn't take the Bills over any team. That's how bad the offense is. 

Don't worry, we're picking top 5. Easy schedule? That won't get in the way of this team. You realize every other team sees the Bills on the schedule and is thinking that's a win. Who could the Bills honestly do that with in the league? 

They're that bad. The Vikings and Tennessee game were aberrations. Vikings because they'd never hear that team again, and Tennessee because it was what? A 13-12 game? That doesn't exist anymore. 

No.

The Giants wouldn't beat us by 20.

Now you're just being ridiculous.

I actually think we're more likely to win at least 2 or 3 more games this year no matter who's at QB.

But Peterman definitely gives us the opportunity for the least amount of wins.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

No.

The Giants wouldn't beat us by 20.

Now you're just being ridiculous.

I actually think we're more likely to win at least 2 or 3 more games this year no matter who's at QB.

But Peterman definitely gives us the opportunity for the least amount of wins.

I don't think the giants are good, and don't even have to play good to beat us.

When your offense is routinely referred to as historically bad, I think the potential exists for a 20 point loss to the giants. 

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

Are we pretending that Allen or Anderson don't give us just as good a chance as #1 overall as Peterman? 

Either way, unless the Raiders or Giants start winning, we're unlikely to get #1 overall. Top 5 though? Definitely.

Who would we even take #1 overall? Probably nobody, just trade back & hopefully snag as many O-linemen & WR's as possible.

Allen and Anderson are definitely better than Peterman, so no pretending at all. Peterman gives us the best shot, barring an incredible turnaround for him starting this weekend, which I'll root for.

9 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I don't think the giants are good, and don't even have to play good to beat us.

When your offense is routinely referred to as historically bad, I think the potential exists for a 20 point loss to the giants. 

9 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Allen and Anderson are definitely better than Peterman, so no pretending at all. Peterman gives us the best shot, barring an incredible turnaround for him starting this weekend, which I'll root for.

What was confusing about my post to you?

That our offense is historically bad? That the team is as bad as any in the league with a potentially great defense? 

27 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

That our offense is historically bad? That the team is as bad as any in the league with a potentially great defense? 

Confusing?

Never said it was.

This team beat the Vikings, beat the Titans, and would have beat the Texans if Peterman didn't play...

thus, with anybody but Peterman, saying we're easily losing to even the Giants by 20 is just dumb.

Might happen.

Just as easily might not.

34 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Oh yeah, also, we didn't lose to the Patriots by 20. 

Saying what you said was dumb. Maybe purposefully hyperbolic. But dumb, nonetheless.