Has the light finally gone on for Zay Jones?

KOKO NFL

1 minute ago, HeHateMe said:

Foster and Mckenzie are better than Zay.

Foster is much better. 

Mckenzie is just too small. The fact that he's standing out is a bad look for Jones.

Reality is that Jones only does damage out of the slot. Putting him outside against the Jets corners didn't work. He can't separate against man coverage and is only capable of finding space when the defense runs zone. 

Not a good day for production for sure. 

On the realistic side not the reactionary side   -  Youze guys is funny. 

Yes, he had drops.  Zay wasn't targeted that much was he?   Some  passes were not all that catchable and that bullet to the chest.  I heard that POP on my TV.  I'd love to see you jokers catch that ball. 

What fantastical takes some of you take LOL 

• Like (+1) 1

I notice Zay tries to catch the ball in his chest or gut, especially ion the drop.. You got to grab that football with the hands. Not try to cradle it in the gut

He has gotten better this year, but still has lapses

50 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

I notice Zay tries to catch the ball in his chest or gut, especially ion the drop.. You got to grab that football with the hands. Not try to cradle it in the gut

I thought the best was was to try to cradle it.  Trap in solidly into the body.   

When Josh throws with top velocity catching with the hands in the cold has to be harder.  

Zay still has the best completion % on the team so far.  

Robert Foster is doing a good job himself with 3 less games.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Not a good day for production for sure. 

On the realistic side not the reactionary side   -  Youze guys is funny. 

Yes, he had drops.  Zay wasn't targeted that much was he?   Some  passes were not all that catchable and that bullet to the chest.  I heard that POP on my TV.  I'd love to see you jokers catch that ball. 

What fantastical takes some of you take LOL 

If your standard for a legitimate starting NFL WR is that they can't be expected to make plays that people on this forum can't...it's going to be incredibly easy for them to fill those spots. We won't win at all with guys like that, but they'll surely pass your test. Pretty low intellect stuff there. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

If your standard for a legitimate starting NFL WR is that they can't be expected to make plays that people on this forum can't...it's going to be incredibly easy for them to fill those spots. We won't win at all with guys like that, but they'll surely pass your test. Pretty low intellect stuff there. 

Lets be clear.  I'm not pronouncing Zay is a #1.     I'm not going to crap on Zay because of  the game yesterday.

KB and Clay have had horrible seasons.   They are probably the main factor  (beyond rookie yips) Josh has the worst completion % in the league.  

The best Completion %  in the NFL is Drew Brees at 75.7.

Phil Rivers had a near perfect game the other week and his completion % of 69.4.  Tom Brady 65.6 %.  

Last years bust is this years best performer.  

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Lets be clear.  I'm not pronouncing Zay is a #1.     I'm not going to crap on Zay because of  the game yesterday.

KB and Clay have had horrible seasons.   They are probably the main factor  (beyond rookie yips) Josh has the worst completion % in the league.  

The best Completion %  in the NFL is Drew Brees at 75.7.

Phil Rivers had a near perfect game the other week and his completion % of 69.4.  Tom Brady 65.6 %.  

Last years bust is this years best performer.  

I trust Foster more than I do Zay. I think he's at best a #3, a decent slot receiver. 

Not all throws are going to hit receivers in the numbers and yes every QB is going to have some drops from players, but when I watch other games, I see quality players including rookies and 2nd year players make catches that ours routinely can't, and that includes Zay. 

Zay was missing in action against the Jets.

I think he could be a good #4.  He does not have the good hands to be a good #3.  A #3 is usually reliable if nothing else. 

I'll give him one more year.  Maybe if Allen had more time to set up and throw from the pocket we could judge Zay better but he does not look like a good pick, certainly not worthy of trading up to get. 

30 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

I trust Foster more than I do Zay. I think he's at best a #3, a decent slot receiver. 

Not all throws are going to hit receivers in the numbers and yes every QB is going to have some drops from players, but when I watch other games, I see quality players including rookies and 2nd year players make catches that ours routinely can't, and that includes Zay. 

Robert Foster has 3 games of 90+ yards receiving in his last 4 games. Zay has 1 in 28 career games and a sub-50% catch rate this season.

It's not inconceivable that Zay continues to improve, but when a UDFA like Foster, who has a 70%+ catch rate (in an admittedly smaller sample size) it's concerning. 

The main difference is, Robert Foster didn't cost a 2nd and 3rd like Jones did. 

3 hours ago, ddaryl said:

The replays showed that the throw from Allen was on him just after he turned to look for the ball, and that ball was a missile. Jones did not have a good game and should have caught that ball but he not as bad as he detectors say and not as good as he was promised to be.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

He should definitely catch that ball. And we shouldn't measure WRs by TSW posters' ability to catch balls.

• Like (+1) 1