Brandon Beane Won't Rule Out Allen Missing the Rest of the Season; Not Actively Shopping Any Players Ahead of the Trade Deadline

7 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

I have said for a while now that his injury is quite possibly worse than many believe, especially given his reliance on velocity.

IIRC, Andrews said it was a partial tear. It is a serious injury.

also, fans need to understand that agents have a large voice in these situations.

Sprains are stretches or tears in a ligament.  I know your son I believe had a ligament injury but you need to quit projecting what's going on with Allen based on your limited personal history. 

They have had him checked out and they say it's week to week.  No reason for them to lie.

2 hours ago, RosenNOTchosen1 said:

Jesus.

If Allen misses the rest of the season just fire McBeane right now and start over. 

Why>  because a guy gets hurt they should be fired?

This firing nonsense needs to stop.  YEs fans are frustrated but they are not firing Beane nor are they firing McDermott anytime soon. 

44 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Sprains are stretches or tears in a ligament.  I know your son I believe had a ligament injury but you need to quit projecting what's going on with Allen based on your limited personal history. 

They have had him checked out and they say it's week to week.  No reason for them to lie.

Why>  because a guy gets hurt they should be fired?

This firing nonsense needs to stop.  YEs fans are frustrated but they are not firing Beane nor are they firing McDermott anytime soon. 

I'm not projecting. I'm merely reacting to a comment from the friggin' gm in which he doesn't rule out Allen missing the season. That is both new and genuine news. 

5 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I'm not projecting. I'm merely reacting to a comment from the friggin' gm in which he doesn't rule out Allen missing the season. That is both new and genuine news. 

Because he's week to week.  If the docs aren't sure, why do you think Beane would be?

5 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Because he's week to week.  If the docs aren't sure, why do you think Beane would be?

Don't you think it's odd for a gm to suggest the very real possibility of the worst possible outcome? Teams simply don't do that. He volunteered it on his own too; he wasn't asked about it specifically. This comes in a situation in which we were all told a mere 13 days ago that it'd be 2-3 weeks and that the injury was "not believed to be serious."

Edited by dave mcbride

Just now, dave mcbride said:

Don't you think it's odd for a gm to auggest the very real possibility of the worst possible outcome (on his own; he wasn't asked about that specifically)? This comes in a situation in which we were all told a mere 13 days ago that it'd be 2-3 weeks and that the injury was "not believed to be serious."

No I don't think it's odd.  He's week to week.  That means there's uncertainty when he returns.  I suspect they'll be careful bringing him back before he's ready.

I think you're reading too much into this.

Just now, oldmanfan said:

No I don't think it's odd.  He's week to week.  That means there's uncertainty when he returns.  I suspect they'll be careful bringing him back before he's ready.

I think you're reading too much into this.

We'll see. I think it's very odd. I'm more pessimistic about this than you, obviously. I hope you're right and I'm wrong. 

12 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

I take that point, but McBeane has a vested interest in keeping their jobs as long as humanly possible.

From an organizational standpoint, it makes sense to play Allen, let him learn, and figure out what we have. 

From McBeane's perspective, the longer you can dangle the hope Allen represents in Pegula's face, you longer you collect a paycheck. I'm really not trying to bash JA here, but the sooner we find out what we have, the better.

Mahomes sat the entire year (minus 1 game), learned from Smith then showed up and blew the doors off.  Ill take that situation over JA playing in the dark with no line and getting demolished.  Sitting sure didnt seem to hurt Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady but hey

12 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Who says they dont learn from the sidelines? It's just as likely they dont learn by being thrown to the wolves with no talent  to help them.

This topic has been explained to death in countless other threads. 

All 4 rookie QBs from the 1st round have started games in their rookie year.  They were drafted A): because their teams had bad records, B) because their team didn't have an entrenched starter.

They absolutely get "thrown to the wolves", unless their team has a Brett Favre or an Alex Smith or a Drew Brees or even a Jay Cutler already on the roster.  That's how the NFL does this.  Not sure why this is hard to figure out.

7 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

Tell that to Patrick Mahomes...

Tell that to Aaron Rodgers...

Tell that to Phillip Rivers...

Tell that to Carson Palmer...

Josh Allen was a known project QB who NEEDED to sit for a season. You don't start a rookie QB with this crapfest of a supporting cast around him.

This is good news if they will let him sit and learn by watching Anderson. Hopefully he gets a new offensive coaching staff, new line, new WRs. 

see my post above.

Edited by Mr. WEO

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

This topic has been explained to death in countless other threads. 

All 4 rookie QBs from the 1st round have started games in their rookie year.  They were drafted A): because their teams had bad records, B) because their team didn't have an entrenched starter.

They absolutely get "thrown to the wolves", unless their team has a Brett Favre or an Alex Smith or even a Jay Cutler already on the roster.  That's how the NFL does this.  Not sure why this is hard to figure out.

The counter argument is Mahomes who sat almost an entire year without game action.

• Like (+1) 1