The Bills/Panthers Connection

blacklabel

It's not uncommon for new GMs to work with their former teams or other executives they may have worked with in the past. At this point, it's kind of a joke that whenever the Bills wanna strike a trade or sign a free agent, it's going to come from Carolina.

Nothing groundbreaking, but I noticed that Carolina actually has a handful of ex-Bills on their roster and not all of them were acquired through Beane. They currently employ Da'Norris Searcy, Kevon Seymour, Ross Cockrell, Marshall Newhouse, Chris Manhertz (TE who was in a couple camps and on the PS for Buffalo a few years ago). Searcy, Seymour and Cockrell are all currently on IR.

As for the Bills...Derek Anderson, Kelvin Benjamin and Star Lotulelei are all former Panthers. And as of this point in time, they are all starters.

Just kind of interesting. Seems it's Carolina that likes former Bills players more than the Bills like former Panthers players.

Also... does anyone feel like the Bills have drawn up some stuff to get KB involved early and often as a means to showcase him for a trade tonight? He at least has some chemistry built up with Anderson and seems to be the guy Anderson is looking for first on most plays. Perhaps they have an offer on the table and they wanna upgrade it. They see that brand new unopened pack of Twizzlers there but Beane is all, "Hey man, I like me some Snickers. Let's get KB going, I'm hearing 5 catches for 90 yards gets me a Snickers, and a touchdown gets me the Snickers PLUS a juice box. Let's get it done!"

3 hours ago, blacklabel said:

It's not uncommon for new GMs to work with their former teams or other executives they may have worked with in the past. At this point, it's kind of a joke that whenever the Bills wanna strike a trade or sign a free agent, it's going to come from Carolina.

Nothing groundbreaking, but I noticed that Carolina actually has a handful of ex-Bills on their roster and not all of them were acquired through Beane. They currently employ Da'Norris Searcy, Kevon Seymour, Ross Cockrell, Marshall Newhouse, Chris Manhertz (TE who was in a couple camps and on the PS for Buffalo a few years ago). Searcy, Seymour and Cockrell are all currently on IR.

As for the Bills...Derek Anderson, Kelvin Benjamin and Star Lotulelei are all former Panthers. And as of this point in time, they are all starters.

Just kind of interesting. Seems it's Carolina that likes former Bills players more than the Bills like former Panthers players.

Also... does anyone feel like the Bills have drawn up some stuff to get KB involved early and often as a means to showcase him for a trade tonight? He at least has some chemistry built up with Anderson and seems to be the guy Anderson is looking for first on most plays. Perhaps they have an offer on the table and they wanna upgrade it. They see that brand new unopened pack of Twizzlers there but Beane is all, "Hey man, I like me some Snickers. Let's get KB going, I'm hearing 5 catches for 90 yards gets me a Snickers, and a touchdown gets me the Snickers PLUS a juice box. Let's get it done!"

I get what you mean for sure... but some of the "ex Bills" you are talking about you are reaching a bit. I mean Cockrell played for Steelers and actually saw significant playing time as well as I think either Colts or Giants. Searcy started for Titans for years after us. Not exactly "hey lets grab these ex Bills players." 

17 hours ago, PolishPrince said:

I get what you mean for sure... but some of the "ex Bills" you are talking about you are reaching a bit. I mean Cockrell played for Steelers and actually saw significant playing time as well as I think either Colts or Giants. Searcy started for Titans for years after us. Not exactly "hey lets grab these ex Bills players." 

And that wasn't the point I was trying to make, I just found it interesting that a fair amount of ex-Bills have ended up on Carolina's roster, that's all.