Terrelle Pryor in Buffalo! Update: He's signing!

Roundybout

8 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Why did we give up on that after the 1st drive Monday?   For our offense, it was humming.  Got several first downs keeping Tommy cool ing his heels on the sidelines.

Terrell can pass out of it too.  Heck, Fred threw  TD pass out of it.  Keep Nasty Nate cooling his heels in the sidelines. Maybe give him a clipboard to hold or something.

Maybe they had limited options with no mobile QB and New England would have caught on.   Adding Pryor to a wildcat would add a more mobile person who does have qb experience.   Not a long term solution, but maybe gets the team by for a game or two until Allen returns.

It is sad that it would come down to actually thinking that this is a good idea, but in my opinion it would have to at least be a little better than Anderson or Peterman.   Those two have thrown  more touchdowns to the defense than they have to the offense over the course of a year.

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

If Pryor can return to form, and Zay n Benjamin improving, we might finally have a pulse on offense.

The problem with mid season pickups at WR is they don't know the playbook and have zero chemistry with the QB. I can't think of many times when a WR came to a team mid season (either via trade or FA) and performed well. 

3 minutes ago, MDH said:

The problem with mid season pickups at WR is they don't know the playbook and have zero chemistry with the QB. I can't think of many times when a WR came to a team mid season (either via trade or FA) and performed well. 

I totally agree in most cases. It might not be as big of a deal here with our QB shuffle no one has any chemistry with them as it is. He’s more of a two or three different route guy too. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

13 hours ago, Gugny said:

WR???  He's already the best active QB on the roster.  (that hurt to write)

I understand that your ulna is messed up and that you want to wait until next year to get behind Buffalo's Oline.

20 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Terrelle Pryor: "I Can Ball" (6:52)

WR Terrelle Pryor talks about signing with the Bills, his first day of practice and his confidence in his ability to perform when given the chance.

Terrelle Pryor Eager to Provide a Boost to Bills Passing Attack

hfkimnoq9lzvs66b7yfc.png

“I can ball bro. I can ball.”

There was some moxie coming out of the Bills locker room this week, and the source was one of the newest signings to the roster. Wide receiver Terrelle Pryor is a player the Bills are hoping can be a shot in the arm to Buffalo’s 32nd ranked passing game. But Pryor wasn’t doing any hoping following his first practice on Wednesday. He is expecting to be a difference maker.

“I’m not being cocky. I just know how I study and how I work and how I practice,” said Pryor. “I compete at a high level and I expect high things from myself. I expect high things from the offense. Just because we had a couple of bad games and we didn’t score that doesn’t matter to me. What matters is this week coming out and competing and holding ourselves to a high standard. And just because we lost some games doesn’t mean we can’t win or put things together.”

Pryor’s energy was a welcome addition on the practice field. Though he was impressed by the tempo and intensity of his first Bills practice, his ability to step right in and perform in Buffalo’s offense was well received.

4 hours ago, MDH said:

you could say that with all our WRs , they haven't had much time with our QBs.

6 minutes ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

Wish we signed him to a 2 year deal

He’s only wanted 1 year deals going back to last year. He turned down a pretty lucrative multi year deal from the Browns in 2017, after his big year. He (or rosenhaus) thought he had a better chance of parlaying it into a bigger contract in 2018 if he went to be one of Kirk cousins’ primary weapons in DC. The injury set him back, looks like a poor decision now $$ wise. 

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Why would Cleveland and then the Jets let this guy go?

Browns offered him a 4 year 32 mill contract. Rosenhaus told him he could get more in 2018 if he went to the redskins for a year. so he walked.

He got hurt last year, signed a deal with jets for this year, got hurt, they needed healthy bodies so released him. They said they wanted him back when he was healthy but needed the roster spot and didn’t have the ability to bring him back from IR if they put him there, based on who else they had there already. 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Browns offered him a 4 year 32 mill contract. Rosenhaus told him he could get more in 2018 if he went to the redskins for a year. so he walked.

Wash gave him 8 million for a year.  That makes no sense--why would he turn down a 4 year deal for 8 million a year unless he had a better offer in hand? 

And he was productive with the Jets, then they were sort of pretending he was injured (he's clearly not) and tossed him away?  That's very odd.

10 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Wash gave him 8 million for a year.  That makes no sense--why would he turn down a 4 year deal for 8 million a year unless he had a better offer in hand? 

And he was productive with the Jets, then they were sort of pretending he was injured (he's clearly not) and tossed him away?  That's very odd.

Its a gamble.....at this point its ok to take these kinds of gambles

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

That was discussed quite a bit back then about his decision. It was obviously not the right one in hindsight. Alshon Jeffery did the same thing in Philly and it worked out for him. 1 year deals are much preferred if the player wants to bet on himself that he can do better the following year. This is what happened:

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2017/3/15/14941062/reviewing-terrelle-pryors-contract-with-washington-and-why-he-didnt-return-to-the-browns

he had a groin injury when he was with the Jets http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-sports-bills-terrelle-pryor-jets-20181031-story.html

My understanding is that the Jets were interested in bringing back Pryor if his groin tear sufficiently healed in a couple weeks. By rule, they had to wait at least four weeks before re-signing him after waiving him with an injury designation.

The Jets believed that it would take at least that long before Pryor, who had 14 catches for 235 yards and two touchdowns this year, would be back to full speed. Injuries to Quincy Enunwa and Robby Anderson have thinned out Gang Green’s receiving corps. A healthy Pryor would have been a help. 

Pryor felt it was a slight groin tear that only required about a week of rest to heal. He posted videos on himself jogging routes and catching passes on social media about a week after he was cut. The Bills obviously thought that the wideout was healthy enough to sign right now.

“I’m not going to go into injuries or what we thought it was,” Bowles said. “Obviously he healed quicker.”

Edited by YoloinOhio

52 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That was discussed quite a bit back then about his decision. It was obviously not the right one in hindsight. Alshon Jeffery did the same thing in Philly and it worked out for him. 1 year deals are much preferred if the player wants to bet on himself that he can do better the following year. This is what happened:

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2017/3/15/14941062/reviewing-terrelle-pryors-contract-with-washington-and-why-he-didnt-return-to-the-browns

he had a groin injury when he was with the Jets http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-sports-bills-terrelle-pryor-jets-20181031-story.html

Wow, 2 million of the 8 from the Skins were incentive based.  Crazy dumb.

And again, the Jets were saying he was too injured, yet he was saying he was fine.  They simply waived him.  Maybe they figured he would be around in the 4 week waiver period.  How many instances are there where a player with a completely subjective injury (groin pain) says he's fine and the team says, "no you're not" and then waives him for injury (a team with sketchy WRs to begin with, no less).  Why not just not play him for a bit--it's not like he costs much on the bench.

Now they are paying him to play for the Bills.  It's odd.

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Pryor was really dumb in hindsight not to take the Browns deal. But he’s not known for being a rocket scientist.

You mean, "I can ball Bro", doesn't ring as 19th century poetry? 

I mean, Twain & Poe must be jealous from their graves of such esoteric nomenclature.

4 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

You mean, "I can ball Bro", doesn't ring as 19th century poetry? 

I mean, Twain & Poe must be jealous from their graves of such esoteric nomenclature.

The day he committed to “The University of Ohio State” was one I’ll never forget :lol: 

Then he wore some kind of tribute to mike Vick during a press conference... he was asked about it and said something like “everybody kills” ... they still play the sound bite on the radio 

haha here it is 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadspin.com/5354671/terrelle-pryor-may-not-be-the-best-spokesman-for-michael-vick/amp

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Haha (+1) 1