Terrelle Pryor in Buffalo! Update: He's signing!

Roundybout

I like most of what I'm reading about him.  He's got a big ego, which can be both a good thing and a bad thing.  He's got an elite size speed combination, and is said to be a good route runner.  Doesn't have great hands, but not bad either.  Back to the ego thing.  Any top football player has to have a healthy ego.  It's essential to believing you can play in a big boy's league.  He's not above complaining if he doesn't get enough targets, doesn't like what the coaches are asking him to do, the QB isn't doing enough to get him involved in the game.  I think it's healthier for team chemistry if players keep thos kinds of issues in the locker room.  He also has a bit of an injury history.  On balance, I tk it's an excellent signing.

• Like (+1) 2

I like the signing.  He's not a franchise WR by any means, but is easily the best receiver on this team. 

If Peterman is that bad this week, maybe Buffalo should just run some wildcat type offense with Pryor and McCoy.    Anything is better than the offense that Buffalo has had this year minus the Vikings game.

It would be nice if a capable WR came here and got healthy instead of coming here and being injured.  Hopefully he has worked out all his injury bugs with the last two teams and can get on the field for us.  If he's healthy he could be a great upgrade.

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

You know what I notice in his highlights?

- He works his way back to the ball (something KB does not do)

- He makes catches in traffic (something NONE of our wr's do)

I completely agree with your first point (about KB) and mostly agree with your second point. I would just note that Zay the last couple of games has made some nice plays over the middle in traffic. Still too few, but hopefully his arrow is finally pointing up. KB needs to be sat at this point or only used on a handful of specific plays. And I don't care how good Holmes is on special teams, how he made the roster again this year is beyond me.

I like the signing of Pryor and hope he works out...if nothing else at least he adds a little more fire and swag to an offense and WR corps that is sorely lacking it. Maybe he and the return of Cam Phillips can boost that group.

On 10/30/2018 at 2:25 PM, Kelly the Dog said:

Report now it's a one year deal.

I wish/hope that the front office was smart enough to at least try to negotiate a team option for a 2nd or 3rd year at a raise.  Maybe players and agents shy away from that but if the guy turns out to be a keeper, you'd like the opportunity to keep him.   

6 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Terrelle Pryor: "I Can Ball" (6:52)

WR Terrelle Pryor talks about signing with the Bills, his first day of practice and his confidence in his ability to perform when given the chance.

Wow, love this interview.  He's not just paying lip service to the opportunity.  Seems obvious that he really believes in himself and what he is saying about helping the team succeed.  Could be a great addition if he can do it on the field as well. 

Edited by keepthefaith
  • Like (+1) 1

Instead of the traditional starter and backup, maybe we can go with the more unconventional 6 emergency QB’s? Logan Thomas, Pryor, etc. I heard Russ Grimm was the Redskins emergency QB back in the day. Maybe Kyle could play another couple years as a backup QB? 

1 hour ago, Maine-iac said:

It would be nice if a capable WR came here and got healthy instead of coming here and being injured.  Hopefully he has worked out all his injury bugs with the last two teams and can get on the field for us.  If he's healthy he could be a great upgrade.

WR???  He's already the best active QB on the roster.  (that hurt to write)

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, dgrochester55 said:

I like the signing.  He's not a franchise WR by any means, but is easily the best receiver on this team. 

If Peterman is that bad this week, maybe Buffalo should just run some wildcat type offense with Pryor and McCoy.    Anything is better than the offense that Buffalo has had this year minus the Vikings game.

Why did we give up on that after the 1st drive Monday?   For our offense, it was humming.  Got several first downs keeping Tommy cool ing his heels on the sidelines.

Terrell can pass out of it too.  Heck, Fred threw  TD pass out of it.  Keep Nasty Nate cooling his heels in the sidelines. Maybe give him a clipboard to hold or something.

Edited by reddogblitz